ADVERTISEMENT

Thru two games......

bullerock

Aug 5, 2003
Not really sure I've seen anything totally unexpected from the play on the field (though I did expect the coaching staff to have them better prepared for Temple, but that's for another post). The D isn't quite as good as it was last year, but is very solid up front. I expected that. Injuries certainly are not going to help as the season progresses and the opponents toughen.

The OL (well, the entire offense if we're being honest) is still very much a work in progress. You don't spend the entire 2014 season struggling at the OL, have no real personnel upgrades and realistically expect to be a lot better right out of the gate. I'm very much against criticsm of players because they pour their hearts into this, but this OL would not be starting at other major P5 schools. The harsh reality of the situation at PSU right now.

Loved what I saw from Barkley yesterday, the WR reverses, etc. Let's hope Mike G works on catching the ball. Kid is talented and would hate to see him get an extended case of the drops. Was hard to tell from my view if the first drop down the sidelines would've been a TD, but the 2nd drop near the GL should have been. Those plays against a slightly better team (like this week vs RU) could cost PSU a game. Route running still appears to be an issue. That is something that should've been cleaned up by now.

All of that said, the schedule for the next month is on the side of PSU. Hoping the night game (especially vs a non-power opponent) helps get the players pumped for the game and we move on to SDSU at 2-1. I still think 5-1 is attainable before heading to C-Bus. It would be nice if the BYE came after that trip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT