ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Three things Penn State needs to do to win a team title

If PSU can go 5 for 5 again, do they need 7 AA's?
They would not. That would put the floor at 100 and if PSU goes 5 for 5 I can’t see how Iowa or UM would get to 100.

Obviously there are variations that could change what Penn State *has to* do, but I felt these were a fairly baseline case.

They would not. That would put the floor at 100 and if PSU goes 5 for 5 I can’t see how Iowa or UM would get to 100.

Obviously there are variations that could change what Penn State *has to* do, but I felt these were a fairly baseline case.
Hopefully Cael explains this to them. ;)

I think our point total from last year (113.5) wins this year. It's a much deeper tournament and Iowa obviously lost their big scorer and are more hobbled.

PSU 141.5 - 5 Champs
MICH 114.5 - 1 Champ
IOWA 110 - 1 Champ

Totally impartial!

It would put the floor at 110 if not higher. The 5 + Kerk are all getting bonus in Round 1, and probably also in Round 2.

Wrestle to seed and win the bonus point battle. Six AA's (at seed on average) can do it with enough bonus points equivalent to an "extra" AA wrestler, or about a 6-7 point advantage. Of course I'd like to see seven or eight AA's with three or more champs too :).

Biggest thing to me that could derail the plan is an injury or two, so my no. 1 could easily be remain injury-free.

Reactions: 1AA and 82bordeaux
PSU 141.5 - 5 Champs
MICH 114.5 - 1 Champ
IOWA 110 - 1 Champ

Totally impartial!
Ayala no
ADS no
Eireman?
Murin lol
Young lol
Marinelli??
Kem :(
Assad no
Warner lol
Cass nah

Their lock is home playing Pokemon and I SERIOUSLY
dont see another one, who ya got?

Ayala no
ADS no
Eireman?
Murin lol
Young lol
Marinelli??
Assad no
Warner lol
Cass nah

Moriah's husband. I think he finally breaks through this year.

No. Just about everyone else on the team is injured this year. I figure he will stay healthy and wrestle well.
Not as long as his sphincter is
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1AA
Ayala no
ADS no
Eireman?
Murin lol
Young lol
Marinelli??
Assad no
Warner lol
Cass nah

Bull is clearly their best shot at a champ this year. Kem & Eierman are both talented enough to win, but they are both facing long odds to make it through the whole tournament with pretty serious injuries. ADS is also talented enough if he doesn't crack mentally, but has to deal with two of the elite wrestlers in the country seeded ahead of him in Nick and Fix. Bull also has the luxury of no Penn St wrestler in his class. LOL.

Bull is clearly their best shot at a champ this year. Kem & Eierman are both talented enough to win, but they are both facing long odds to make it through the whole tournament with pretty serious injuries. ADS is also talented enough if he doesn't crack mentally, but has to deal with two of the elite wrestlers in the country seeded ahead of him in Nick and Fix. Bull also has the luxury of no Penn St wrestler in his class. LOL.
Which Nick is at 133?

Reactions: 82bordeaux
ADVERTISEMENT