ADVERTISEMENT

Thread on testing & treatment research for COVID-19

That Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies is more corrupt than the 2011 PSU Board of Trustees. They've already taken a ton of flak for how they've responded to covid.

Reactions: Ski
Holy shit Tom. Can you post one positive article?? How about the new CDC death rates. I know it's not your MO right now.
Nationally, ER visits are flat or slightly down, and hospitalizations are trending down according to the CDC dashboards.

Reactions: bison13

so no comments on above. Won't have vaccine for distribution until spring (and that is best case). And even then not going to have 330 million available. And then have to actually distribute it across the country to doctors and other to actually administer it. Best case scenario is that by END OF 2021 the vaccine widely out and available with whomever wants it taking it such that herd immunity start to come into play. So talking another entire year or more of the current state. That doesn't concern people.

I assume the government has underwritten the risk for some of these vaccine manufacturers in the interest of public health. If one vaccine is 70% effective and a competitor’s is 80%, who will want the 70% one ?

70% is still a hell of a lot better than the flu vaccine

I assume the government has underwritten the risk for some of these vaccine manufacturers in the interest of public health. If one vaccine is 70% effective and a competitor’s is 80%, who will want the 70% one ?

i think it is going to be a lot more on what you can get, not choosing which one you want.

Bigger question, IMO, is will one work better for elderly? Or diabetics? Or people with organ transplants?

Seems to me that different vaccines will perform differently for different people. Will the Phase III studies produce enough data to deferentiate different modalities?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT