Thoughts on the continuing Ukraine disaster...six months in

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Shock and awe turned into a decade long war.

I don't think we actually overestimated them. I do think we intentionally floated these ideas as a way of weakening Putin and turning Russian people against him. IMO, the US was waiting like the Cheshire Cat...pumping information that it would be over quickly but knowing it was going to be a long dragged out conflict. We knew that this was a proxy war, so the notion it was going to end quick is foolish.

Wars are rarely short, let a lone a matter of weeks....and especially not when one side is being funded by the most powerful military in the world, who already had assets operating in the country for over 10 years.

From some of the reading I've done on the subject, this is how Russia fights wars. Their military is built differently than our own, which seems to be more focused on precision.

Their winter begins in October, so I guess that's the next major phase after this counter offensive.
Yes, like that series always said.....”Winter is coming” That is Putin’s strategy....hold on until winter which is Russia’s not-so-secret weapon.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
No need for you to sterilize yourself. Just admit you didn’t predict, before the war started, a long term draw between Ukraine and Putinstan. It’s ok....really.

Spin, Spin, Spin. There you go again. I never said I predicted before the war started that it would be a long-term draw. What I said in the OP was that I predicted "at the beginning" that nobody would or could "win." And in response to your challenge, I copied over a March post to back that claim up in spades.

You need to stop squirming around and just admit that I've been right the whole time. Believe me, you'll feel better when you confess your errors. ;)

And to make it even easier for you, here are some additional citations from my earlier posts:

March 2: Both Ukraine and Russia are in a horrible position. This war is disastrous for both nations.

March 3: It's become clear that Russia didn't get the quick knockout it needed and can't "win" this now. But neither can Ukraine. And neither can the crowd of cheerleaders in Washington whose arrogance, blindness, and idiocy did so much to cause it to happen. The only question at this point is how catastrophic the loss for all sides will prove to be.

March 5: The only way to have "won" was to have prevented it from happening, which was an option but one not chosen. Now there will be no winners.

Also...from the weeks, days, and hours before the invasion:

January 9: The notion of a full-scale Russian "invasion" is nonsensical, in my view. The Russians don't have anywhere near the military capability to mount that type of offensive across the entirety of Ukraine, defeat the Ukie armed forces, and then successfully occupy the country. Talk about biting off more than you can chew. This ain't 1943 anymore. There will be no tanks rolling into Kiev. That said, a much more limited operation seems within the realm of possibility, for example an effort to "link up" Crimea with the Donbass across a strip of territory bordering the Sea of Azov.

January 14: Senile Joe and his puppet-masters have no foggy idea what they're doing and are lurching toward a blow-up with perilous ramifications for the world.

January 30: It didn't have to be this way. We went out of our way to turn Russia, a nation having no resemblance in terms of ideology or power to the defeated Soviet Union, into an enemy. Now we blithely stand on the brink in Ukraine, practically inviting a disaster. Our leaders are blind, arrogant fools.

January 30: What I see is a mindless stampede in the direction of a confrontation. The Regime's apparently all on board for it. Both parties seem to be fine with the idea. The ordinary citizens in the provinces, who couldn't find Ukraine on a map, think it's batty, but they're not calling the shots.

February 23: Honestly, watching the performance of the former generals, (fake) wisemen, and others on television, is enough to make a person subscribe to conspiracy theories. I mean, why do the mf-ers seem to want a war that could prove catastrophic far beyond Ukraine?

• Sad
Reactions: The Spin Meister

Ski

May 29, 2001
What to expect of the Ukrainian counterattack. Basically, they will try to take small nibbles at a time, not engage in battles of large groups of troops:

Kherson: 'Heavy fighting' as Ukraine seeks to retake Russian-held region

On Tuesday, Ukraine's Operational Command "South" reported that "positional battles" continued.

It said three key bridges across the Dnipro River had been hit again to make sure they were impassable. In recent weeks, Ukraine has also been using US-supplied Himars precision rocket systems to target makeshift Russian pontoon bridges, as well as command posts and ammunition depots.

This is widely seen as part of a targeted effort to cut off Russian troops on the right (western) bank of the river, making it virtually impossible to send troops and weapons resupplies.

However, officials in Kyiv have been cautioning against any expectations of a quick win, describing the offensive as a slow grinding down of the enemy.

Several military experts interviewed by the BBC seem to agree with this.

"The long-term trend is the gradual weakening of the Russian military capability and the gradual strengthening of the Ukrainian capability with Western help," said Sir Alex Younger, a former head of Britain's MI6 Secret Intelligence Service.

He said the Kherson counter-offensive was "all about the urge of Ukraine to demonstrate they can get on the front foot and in turn underpin the resolve of Ukraine and its backers into what is going to be a difficult winter".

Justin Bronk, a senior research fellow at the Royal United Services Institute (Rusi) defence think tank, told the BBC he believed Ukraine would continue with strikes using Himars as they were proving so successful at cutting off Russian supply lines.

Moving forward, though, Mr Bronk said he expected to see more of an "attritional strategy" by Ukraine, "pushing [Russia] on a broad front, trying to force Russian morale to break and inflict casualties".

Meanwhile, Ukrainian military expert Mykhaylo Zhyrokhov told the BBC: "We shouldn't be expecting a cavalry attack, because the general staff of Ukraine's armed forces doesn't want street fighting [in the Kherson city] - that would result in heavy casualties."

"The Ukrainian strategy is to squeeze the enemy out," he said, warning that this "won't happen quickly".

"It's like a situation with a cornered rat that needs to be offered a way out. Ukraine's military should aim to provide the Russian troops with such a withdrawal route, otherwise [the Russians troops] would be fighting until the last soldier."

"The window of opportunity is until mid-October because after that the mainly field roads in the region will become impassable" because of mud and slush, Mr Zhyrokhov said.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
What to expect of the Ukrainian counterattack. Basically, they will try to take small nibbles at a time, not engage in battles of large groups of troops:

On Tuesday, Ukraine's Operational Command "South" reported that "positional battles" continued.

It said three key bridges across the Dnipro River had been hit again to make sure they were impassable. In recent weeks, Ukraine has also been using US-supplied Himars precision rocket systems to target makeshift Russian pontoon bridges, as well as command posts and ammunition depots.

This is widely seen as part of a targeted effort to cut off Russian troops on the right (western) bank of the river, making it virtually impossible to send troops and weapons resupplies.

However, officials in Kyiv have been cautioning against any expectations of a quick win, describing the offensive as a slow grinding down of the enemy.

"The long-term trend is the gradual weakening of the Russian military capability and the gradual strengthening of the Ukrainian capability with Western help," said Sir Alex Younger, a former head of Britain's MI6 Secret Intelligence Service.

He said the Kherson counter-offensive was "all about the urge of Ukraine to demonstrate they can get on the front foot and in turn underpin the resolve of Ukraine and its backers into what is going to be a difficult winter".

Justin Bronk, a senior research fellow at the Royal United Services Institute (Rusi) defence think tank, told the BBC he believed Ukraine would continue with strikes using Himars as they were proving so successful at cutting off Russian supply lines.

Moving forward, though, Mr Bronk said he expected to see more of an "attritional strategy" by Ukraine, "pushing [Russia] on a broad front, trying to force Russian morale to break and inflict casualties".

Meanwhile, Ukrainian military expert Mykhaylo Zhyrokhov told the BBC: "We shouldn't be expecting a cavalry attack, because the general staff of Ukraine's armed forces doesn't want street fighting [in the Kherson city] - that would result in heavy casualties."

"The Ukrainian strategy is to squeeze the enemy out," he said, warning that this "won't happen quickly".

"It's like a situation with a cornered rat that needs to be offered a way out. Ukraine's military should aim to provide the Russian troops with such a withdrawal route, otherwise [the Russians troops] would be fighting until the last soldier."

"The window of opportunity is until mid-October because after that the mainly field roads in the region will become impassable" because of mud and slush, Mr Zhyrokhov said.
Methinks Ukraine is hoping to use Russia’s best weapon against them......winter. Keep the estimated 20,000 troops in Kershon cut off from supplies all fall. Then starve them out during the winter. If they can get them to surrender imagine the impact of videos of thousands of captured Russian troops.

Not sayin it will happen, just that is the plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Spin, Spin, Spin. There you go again. I never said I predicted before the war started that it would be a long-term draw. What I said in the OP was that I predicted "at the beginning" that nobody would or could "win." And in response to your challenge, I copied over a March post to back that claim up in spades.

You need to stop squirming around and just admit that I've been right the whole time. Believe me, you'll feel better when you confess your errors. ;)

And to make it even easier for you, here are some additional citations from my earlier posts:

March 2: Both Ukraine and Russia are in a horrible position. This war is disastrous for both nations.

March 3: It's become clear that Russia didn't get the quick knockout it needed and can't "win" this now. But neither can Ukraine. And neither can the crowd of cheerleaders in Washington whose arrogance, blindness, and idiocy did so much to cause it to happen. The only question at this point is how catastrophic the loss for all sides will prove to be.

March 5: The only way to have "won" was to have prevented it from happening, which was an option but one not chosen. Now there will be no winners.

January 9: The notion of a full-scale Russian "invasion" is nonsensical, in my view. The Russians don't have anywhere near the military capability to mount that type of offensive across the entirety of Ukraine, defeat the Ukie armed forces, and then successfully occupy the country. Talk about biting off more than you can chew. This ain't 1943 anymore. There will be no tanks rolling into Kiev. That said, a much more limited operation seems within the realm of possibility, for example an effort to "link up" Crimea with the Donbass across a strip of territory bordering the Sea of Azov.

January 14: Senile Joe and his puppet-masters have no foggy idea what they're doing and are lurching toward a blow-up with perilous ramifications for the world.

January 30: It didn't have to be this way. We went out of our way to turn Russia, a nation having no resemblance in terms of ideology or power to the defeated Soviet Union, into an enemy. Now we blithely stand on the brink in Ukraine, practically inviting a disaster. Our leaders are blind, arrogant fools.

January 30: What I see is a mindless stampede in the direction of a confrontation. The Regime's apparently all on board for it. Both parties seem to be fine with the idea. The ordinary citizens in the provinces, who couldn't find Ukraine on a map, think it's batty, but they're not calling the shots.

February 23: Honestly, watching the performance of the former generals, (fake) wisemen, and others on television, is enough to make a person subscribe to conspiracy theories. I mean, why do the mf-ers seem to want a war that could prove catastrophic far beyond Ukraine?
Duh, war is disastrous.

There was no way to prevent it.

Putinstan shares a similar Soviet expansionist wet dream.

They attempted to have tanks rolling down the streets of Kyiv. They failed.

There was an attempt to take the whole enchilada. Couldn’t do it because Poland, the Baltics, Hungary, Bulgaria all stepped up immediately.

There is a whole list of errors you made. Thanks for pointing them out.

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org

What did the BBC have to say about Trump Russia collusion? Why do you listen to ANYTHING any of the MSM russiagate hoax pushers have to say about Russia after they've been proven to be liars desperate to paint russia and Trump in a bad light? I'm not saying Putin is a saint or anything I'm saying you should take anything the western msm says about russia with a grain of salt. Read info from the west, from russia, from independent journalists on the ground then form your own conclusion.

You and @The Spin Meister know that Russia gate was a hoax but then you listen to the same people who pushed the hoax re: what's going on with Ukraine and Russia...that's mind boggling to me.

Speaking of the BBC watch them debunk their own claims re: the nazi problem in Ukraine.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018

Hey Jerry,

Unrelated to the topic at hand, a very good friend and his wife have just started doing the Camino pilgrimage hike -- will be gone almost 6 weeks. Left with just their backbacks, and will do a strange combination of hostels and high end hotels. Got pix last night from an evening mass he attended at a beautiful church in Irun. I'm going to try to have a little fun and post a daily video of some sort of song with "walking" in its title or theme. Thankfully, there's enough material from a lot of different genres out there such that I've probably got enough to cover six weeks, but open to suggestions. Led off with "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" yesterday, and "I'm Walkin'" today, and tomorrow will be Elvis' "Walk a Mile in My Shoes."

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Hey Jerry,

Unrelated to the topic at hand, a very good friend and his wife have just started doing the Camino pilgrimage hike -- will be gone almost 6 weeks. Left with just their backbacks, and will do a strange combination of hostels and high end hotels. Got pix last night from an evening mass he attended at a beautiful church in Irun. I'm going to try to have a little fun and post a daily video of some sort of song with "walking" in its title or theme. Thankfully, there's a lot of material from a lot of different genres out there!
Get a clip of Dustin Hoffman saying “I’m walking here!” as he hits the hood of a New York cab.

Reactions: Aardvark86

Ski

May 29, 2001
What did the BBC have to say about Trump Russia collusion? Why do you listen to ANYTHING any of the MSM russiagate hoax pushers have to say about Russia after they've been proven to be liars desperate to paint russia and Trump in a bad light? I'm not saying Putin is a saint or anything I'm saying you should take anything the western msm says about russia with a grain of salt. Read info from the west, from russia, from independent journalists on the ground then form your own conclusion.

You and @The Spin Meister know that Russia gate was a hoax but then you listen to the same people who pushed the hoax re: what's going on with Ukraine and Russia...that's mind boggling to me.

Speaking of the BBC watch them debunk their own claims re: the nazi problem in Ukraine.

And your experts said the military was going to overturn the 2020 election and put Trump back in office. Yet you continue to buy every conspiracy theory put out on the web without fail.

Scott Ritter said the Russians were mopping up in April. Now they are mopping up on the last day of August. They will be mopping up again in Spring. You will buy it hook, line and sinker again, swallowing all of it. Always mopping up but look at the map since March 24th and they have gone almost nowhere for the number of forces they have committed and lost. They will continue to bleed as the West continues to provide more advanced weaponry than the Russians have. Just 16 HIMARS made a significant impact. Just a matter of time before they get 50 more.

You are a conspiracy addict. Just like other addicts, if a little is good, more must be better, especially as your tolerance for bullsh!t grows. You are in danger of overdosing.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Duh, war is disastrous.

There was no way to prevent it.

Putinstan shares a similar Soviet expansionist wet dream.

They attempted to have tanks rolling down the streets of Kyiv. They failed.

There was an attempt to take the whole enchilada. Couldn’t do it because Poland, the Baltics, Hungary, Bulgaria all stepped up immediately.

There is a whole list of errors you made. Thanks for pointing them out.

Well, that's your story, and you're sticking to it. But there's your story...and then there's reality. The two are not the same.

Re the Russian tanks and Kyiv, I don't think the Russians ever had any intention of fighting their way into the city. That's why they formed up a 30-mile long inbound column which just sat...and sat...and sat...and the longer they sat, the more ridiculous and exposed they looked.

I think Moscow had bogus intelligence that the Ukie army would simply melt away...or that Zelensky and company would be choppered out of town...in the face of the threat. At that point, you don't have to fight your way in. You just parade in flying flags.

But the Russian intelligence was disastrously (for Moscow) wrong, which is why Putin sacked a number of senior intelligence officers while his underlings came up with the laughable story that the whole move toward Kyiv was just an elaborate feint.

As I said fully six weeks before the war started, the notion that with 150,000 troops Russia could mount a full-scale invasion of Ukraine, defeat the Ukie army, take the Ukie capital, and successfully occupy the country was always ludicrous on its face.

In sum, Plan A: Zelensky flees, the Ukies don't fight, Kharkiv falls right away, there's a more or less bloodless takeover and Moscow-friendly government installed in power. Oops. Therefore, fall back to Plan B, which is...well, you're looking at it.

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org
And your experts said the military was going to overturn the 2020 election and put Trump back in office. Yet you continue to buy every conspiracy theory put out on the web without fail.

Scott Ritter said the Russians were mopping up in April. Now they are mopping up on the last day of August. They will be mopping up again in Spring. You will buy it hook, line and sinker again, swallowing all of it. Always mopping up but look at the map since March 24th and they have gone almost nowhere for the number of forces they have committed and lost. They will continue to bleed as the West continues to provide more advanced weaponry than the Russians have. Just 16 HIMARS made a significant impact. Just a matter of time before they get 50 more.

You are a conspiracy addict. Just like other addicts, if a little is good, more must be better, especially as your tolerance for bullsh!t grows. You are in danger of overdosing.
Lulz! Way to completely avoid my simple and logical question. Say what you want about me but at least I’m not being led around by the nose by the never Trump losers that pushed the Russia gate hoax, they are clearly not reporting on the truth. Btw the military option to remove biden as a Manchurian candidate is still on the table. They need broad public support first to prevent civil war and we’re getting close to that threshold.

No one ever said this war would be over in April or the “mopping up” would only take a few weeks. Go ahead and provide the quote. You claimed back in Mar/April Russia was running out of everything and was on the ropes.

The reality on the ground shows Russia owns the skies and is slowly and methodically grinding away. There are very few Frontline videos of Ukraine actually pushing Russian forces back. There are also countless video interviews with citizens claiming the side that is shelling their cities and destroying them is the AFU not the Russians. The new western weapons have had a negligible impact. Each time it’s hyped up as a game changer and then it does absolutely nothing just like the 777. A lot of the weapons don’t even make it to the front lines because they get destroyed as soon as they land in Ukraine.

Make sure to tune in to the nazi military tribunals being held in Mariupol soon. I wonder why the West is trying to block that news out? If Nazis were committing war crimes and crimes against humanity let’s see and hear the evidence.

It’s also very telling the West has blocked out RT and all other Russian news sources. I guess they’re afraid of people looking at information from both sides and judging for themselves which side is giving an accurate portrayal and which one is it. Usually the truth is near the middle but they won’t even let people decide for themselves. Luckily for us we live in the information age and their attempts at censoring information and therefore controlling public opinion are failing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ski

Ski

May 29, 2001
Lulz! Way to completely avoid my simple and logical question. Say what you want about me but at least I’m not being led around by the nose by the never Trump losers that pushed the Russia gate hoax, they are clearly not reporting on the truth. Btw the military option to remove biden as a Manchurian candidate is still on the table. They need broad public support first to prevent civil war and we’re getting close to that threshold.

No one ever said this war would be over in April or the “mopping up” would only take a few weeks. Go ahead and provide the quote. You claimed back in Mar/April Russia was running out of everything and was on the ropes.

The reality on the ground shows Russia owns the skies and is slowly and methodically grinding away. There are very few Frontline videos of Ukraine actually pushing Russian forces back. There are also countless video interviews with citizens claiming the side that is shelling their cities and destroying them is the AFU not the Russians. The new western weapons have had a negligible impact. Each time it’s hyped up as a game changer and then it does absolutely nothing just like the 777. A lot of the weapons don’t even make it to the front lines because they get destroyed as soon as they land in Ukraine.

Make sure to tune in to the nazi military tribunals being held in Mariupol soon. I wonder why the West is trying to block that news out? If Nazis were committing war crimes and crimes against humanity let’s see and hear the evidence.

It’s also very telling the West has blocked out RT and all other Russian news sources. I guess they’re afraid of people looking at information from both sides and judging for themselves which side is giving an accurate portrayal and which one is it. Usually the truth is near the middle but they won’t even let people decide for themselves. Luckily for us we live in the information age and their attempts at censoring information and therefore controlling public opinion are failing.

Wow! I have no comeback. You win!!!!!

Josh Papalii Laughing GIF by Canberra Raiders

Reactions: LafayetteBear

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Hey Jerry,

Unrelated to the topic at hand, a very good friend and his wife have just started doing the Camino pilgrimage hike -- will be gone almost 6 weeks. Left with just their backbacks, and will do a strange combination of hostels and high end hotels. Got pix last night from an evening mass he attended at a beautiful church in Irun. I'm going to try to have a little fun and post a daily video of some sort of song with "walking" in its title or theme. Thankfully, there's enough material from a lot of different genres out there such that I've probably got enough to cover six weeks, but open to suggestions. Led off with "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" yesterday, and "I'm Walkin'" today, and tomorrow will be Elvis' "Walk a Mile in My Shoes."

Cool, Aard!

A good friend of my wife did the same walk and came away with amazing stories and unforgettable memories.

Personally, I'm not brave enough to attempt it...though after graduating college, I did a pilgrimage to Fatima and visited the shrine of Saint James in Santiago, which I think is the end point of the Camino hike.

OK, for song suggestions, gosh, I don't know, one that occurs to me is "500 Miles," popularized waaay back in the day by Peter, Paul, and Mary.

Then there's "These Boots Are Made For Walking" by Nancy Sinatra, but I don't think that's the vibe you want.

Another oldie but goodie: Walking on Sunshine...but I forget the band and lyrics.

My totally favorite "walking" song is Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn, but I don't think that fits the bill here.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Well, well, well. ZH out with tidbits linked below: a potential Ukraine-Russia deal was on the table in the spring but Dem-Media's fat errand boy, Boris Johnson, showed up in Kyiv to twist Ukraine's arm not to take it.

Meanwhile, there's a full-on panic about European energy supplies this winter. But the Regime's propaganda machine has gone into familiar radio silence on the issue. Nothing to see here. Move along:

Reactions: WeR0206

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Cool, Aard!

A good friend of my wife did the same walk and came away with amazing stories and unforgettable memories.

Personally, I'm not brave enough to attempt it...though after graduating college, I did a pilgrimage to Fatima and visited the shrine of Saint James in Santiago, which I think is the end point of the Camino hike.

OK, for song suggestions, gosh, I don't know, one that occurs to me is "500 Miles," popularized waaay back in the day by Peter, Paul, and Mary.

Then there's "These Boots Are Made For Walking" by Nancy Sinatra, but I don't think that's the vibe you want.

Another oldie but goodie: Walking on Sunshine...but I forget the band and lyrics.

My totally favorite "walking" song is Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn, but I don't think that fits the bill here.
Methinks that was Chrissy Hyndes and The Pretenders.

I hear it gets kinda hot there......so “Feels like I’m walking on the sun”

Walk on by.......don’t remember who in the 70s. Dionne Warwick

In a similar theme.......Trucking......Grateful Dead

Did a google....Walk like an Egyptian. .....

Walk of life by Dire Straits.

Walk this way.......Aerosmith.

I Walk the Line .....Johnny Cash

I’m gonna be.........500 miles.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Methinks that was Chrissy Hyndes and The Pretenders.

I hear it gets kinda hot there......so “Feels like I’m walking on the sun”

Walk on by.......don’t remember who in the 70s. Dionne Warwick

In a similar theme.......Trucking......Grateful Dead

Did a google....Walk like an Egyptian. .....

Walk of life by Dire Straits.

Walk this way.......Aerosmith.

I Walk the Line .....Johnny Cash

I’m gonna be.........500 miles.

I love that Johnny Cash song.

But if you really want to go back in time, there's Walk Like A Man by Frankie Valli

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Well, well, well. ZH out with tidbits linked below: a potential Ukraine-Russia deal was on the table in the spring but Dem-Media's fat errand boy, Boris Johnson, showed up in Kyiv to twist Ukraine's arm not to take it.

Meanwhile, there's a full-on panic about European energy supplies this winter. But the Regime's propaganda machine has gone into familiar radio silence on the issue. Nothing to see here. Move along:

Ha..now Jerry is pretending Boris Johnson, a conservative Brit, is an American Democrat. You need help.

Reactions: franklinman

maypole

May 9, 2022

BTW, Scott Ritter is a convicted pedophile, to add to his other charms.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Europe appears to be looking down the barrel of an energy crisis. It's a huge story but naturally spiked by the Dem-Media propaganda machine because it runs against the officially approved Ukraine narrative.

Allistair Heath, a Brit journalist writing for The Telegraph and no friend of Russia, calls the situation a looming calamity. His article is embedded in the Rod Dreher piece linked below.

It's almost amusing to listen to some of these European officials and commentators react with shock and indignation to the idea that their attempt to strangle the Russian economy might evoke retaliation.

Just like our own Ruling Class, they're a bunch of entitled brats who've spent their entire privileged lives gettiing whatever they wanted and having tantrums whenever denied. Now they're running the show...and it's not working out well either for Europe or America:

Reactions: WeR0206

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Amid the fog of war and blizzard of Western propaganda, I take the reports of a Ukie breakthrough on the southern front with a large grain of salt. Ukie forces may have made some forward progress. We'll see what happens next. A Ukie victory there would be huge, but I'm inclined to wait until the blue and yellow flag is raised over Kherson's town hall before believing it.

If you read the Google News Feed, you know that for months now it has been chock full of doomsday stories about the supposed dire predicament of the Russian military. But if things were as bad as some of those reports claim, the Ukie army would be approaching the gates of Moscow now. Instead, there seems to be little change on the ground. The Russians have taken heavy losses but appear to have dug in.

The sanctions have hurt Russia...but hurt the Western powers which imposed them even more. Europe is in full panic mode about the upcoming winter without Russian gas. In fact, David Goldman of PJ Media recently called the Western sanctions the biggest "own goal" in living memory. It ranks right up there with Hitler's invasion of the Soviet Union.

To be clear, by "Western powers," I mean the citizenry of those nations. The West's ruling nomenklatura and its Dem-Media Washington chapter -- Zelensky has been made an honorary member -- which is financing this war in the supposed cause of saving global democracy from the Rooskie menace, will not itself suffer any inconvenience. Their privileged lives will continue as before. Only the ordinary peasants, which includes all of us and the Ukrainian people too, will foot the bill.

Linked below is a good piece this morning from Rod Dreher with Tucker Carlson's excellent commentary from last night embedded at the bottom. Rod correctly calls the Russians the bad guys in this drama. But he gets one thing wrong: he says Russia is winning and in fact has effectively already won. He's way off-base there. On the contrary, my prediction at the beginning of the war looks better and better: Nobody is winning. Nobody will win. Nobody can win. The only certain thing at this point is that all sides will lose. And the only question is how bad the loss will be.

They tell us what they want us to here. I stopped believing any press a long time ago.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Btw the military option to remove biden as a Manchurian candidate is still on the table. They need broad public support first to prevent civil war and we’re getting close to that threshold.
Uh, can you give us a date on when that threshold is likely to be crossed?

BWAHAHAHAHA!! If reading that statement does not produce immediate and loud guffaws, you know you have a problem.

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
If I ever need something mopped up, I will make sure not to call the Russians. If the Russians keep this up, the Ukrainians will be at the doorstep to Moscow.

This can’t be right. Article said that people in these towns were cheering the Ukrainian forces as liberators. Why would they be cheering for murderous Azov Nazi’s?

Bloomberg posted that Russians retreat was so fast they left behind a lot of equipment with nothing specific listed. Certainly artillery and ammo. Probably also communications equipment, computers, possible critical intel.

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org
This can’t be right. Article said that people in these towns were cheering the Ukrainian forces as liberators. Why would they be cheering for murderous Azov Nazi’s?

Bloomberg posted that Russians retreat was so fast they left behind a lot of equipment with nothing specific listed. Certainly artillery and ammo. Probably also communications equipment, computers, possible critical intel.
That’s a dumb question highlighting how ignorant and poorly informed you are. Kharkiv is an azov stronghold. The people who have been subjected to nazi/azov war crimes were mainly ethnic russians living in southern and Eastern Ukraine ie the donbass. If the people of Donbass actually hated the russians why are they fighting alongside russians against the AFU?

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
That’s a dumb question highlighting how ignorant and poorly informed you are. Kharkiv is an azov stronghold. The people who have been subjected to nazi/azov war crimes were mainly ethnic russians living in southern and Eastern Ukraine ie the donbass. If the people of Donbass actually hated the russians why are they fighting alongside russians against the AFU?
So the whole city are Nazis?

If all the people at fighting the Ukes in the Donbas it would be no contest and the Ukes would be quickly driven out. Yet Putinstan forces seem to be struggling all across the Ukraine territories.

maypole

May 9, 2022
If you really thought they were right wing Nazis, you would be cheering them on, Ivan.

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org
So the whole city are Nazis?

If all the people at fighting the Ukes in the Donbas it would be no contest and the Ukes would be quickly driven out. Yet Putinstan forces seem to be struggling all across the Ukraine territories.
You don’t think it’s possible for propaganda to trick large numbers of people into thinking the bad guys are actually the good guys? Also there are large chunks of Ukraine that are sympathetic to the nazis and their ultra nationalist views towards ethnic russians. Its what happens when you never denazify an area after WW2 and let the toxic nazi ideology to spread like a cancer.

Who exactly do you think make up the DPR and LPR militias/armies? It aint Russians soldiers its people who live in the Donbass. The Ukes were largely driven out, why do you think Russia/DPR/LPT forces were able to take so much territory so fast? It was pretty much already secured up to the contact line.

Ski

May 29, 2001
You don’t think it’s possible for propaganda to trick large numbers of people into thinking the bad guys are actually the good guys? Also there are large chunks of Ukraine that are sympathetic to the nazis and their ultra nationalist views towards ethnic russians. Its what happens when you never denazify an area after WW2 and let the toxic nazi ideology to spread like a cancer.

Who exactly do you think make up the DPR and LPR militias/armies? It aint Russians soldiers its people who live in the Donbass. The Ukes were largely driven out, why do you think Russia/DPR/LPT forces were able to take so much territory so fast? It was pretty much already secured up to the contact line.

So for 45 years after WW-2 the Soviet Union let Nazis exist in their midst? Stalin purged millions of his own people but didn’t eliminate the Nazis in Ukraine? The NKVD and the KGB didn’t root them out? Sure, if you say so.

Say, I still have that prime swampland in Crimea that I will let you have for next to nothing. Word is that Putin just loves it there. Its value is due to skyrocket (or even HIMARS rocket)!

Last edited:

Ronnie_B

Dec 30, 2011

I don't know what planet you're currently living on but you need to come back to Earth and stop cheering on Communists. Jesus H Christ.

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org
So for 45 years after WW-2 the Soviet Union let Nazis exist in their midst? Stalin purged millions of his own people but didn’t eliminate the Nazis in Ukraine? The NKVD and the KGB didn’t root them out? Sure, if you say so.

Say, I still have that prime swampland in Crimea that I will let you have for next to nothing. Word is that Putin just loves it there. Its value is due to skyrocket (or even HIMARS rocket)!
Do you know who stepan bandera is? Are there stamps in Ukraine honoring him? Is there a national day of remembrance for him? Was he granted hero of Ukraine status by their govt? Are there nazi political parties in Ukraine? Have nazis held high level govt positions in Ukraine recently.

Cult heroes, political parties, and ethnic cleansing are exactly what you’d see if nazism was never snuffed out.

Citations:
Watch the BBC debunk its own denial of nazis in Ukraine
https://rumble.com/vyczkz-watch-the-bbc-debunk-its-own-denial-of-nazis-in-ukraine.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/john-mccain-meets-oleh-tyahnybok-in-ukraine-2013-12 (mccain with Oleh the nazi in ukraine)

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/09/world/europe/ukraines-ultranationalists-do-well-in-elections.html (Ukraine’s Ultranationalists Show Surprising Strength at Polls)

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20824693 (Svoboda: The rise of Ukraine’s ultra nationalists/neonazis)

https://thegrayzone.com/2018/10/30/c14-ukrainian-nazi-kiev-police-america-house (An activist from violent Ukrainian neoNazi gang C14 spoke at the US government’s America House Kyiv)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-america-training-neonazis-in-ukraine (The US was training neonazis in Ukraine)

https://archive.ph/2022.03.03-22391...nazi-training-ukraine-russia-putin-biden-nato (CIA training neonazi terrorists in Ukraine)

https://cynthiachung.substack.com/p/how-the-ukrainian-nationalist-movement-f4f (How the Ukrainian Nationalist Movement Post-WWII was Bought and Paid for by the CIA)

https://thehill.com/opinion/interna...in-the-ukraine-is-far-from-kremlin-propaganda (The reality of neo-Nazis in Ukraine is far from Kremlin propaganda)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/opinion/what-ukraines-jews-fear.html (What Ukraine’s Jews fear)

https://towardfreedom.org/story/arc...amilitaries-on-front-lines-of-war-with-russia (How Ukraine’s Jewish President, Volodymyr Zelensky, Made Peace with NeoNazi Paramilitaries on Front Lines of War with Russia)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-farright-insight-idUSBREA2H0K620140318 (Nazis held 5 senior roles in the new Ukrainian govt that was installed in 2014)

https://ctc.usma.edu/the-nexus-between-far-right-extremists-in-the-united-states-and-ukraine/ (From the West Point’s Combating Terrorism Center:The Nexus Between Far-Right Extremists in the United States and Ukraine)

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org
I don't know what planet you're currently living on but you need to come back to Earth and stop cheering on Communists. Jesus H Christ.
I’m not cheering on anyone. Simply pointing out facts. Why do you support funding a govt that formally incorporated actual nazi battalions (Azov) into their ministry of interior?

Ronnie_B

Dec 30, 2011
I’m not cheering on anyone. Simply pointing out facts. Why do you support funding a govt that formally incorporated actual nazi battalions (Azov) into their ministry of interior?
Bullshit you're not, you're firmly a Kremlin boot licker. And what's a worse and more of a threat to America? A few battalions of Nazis or a full army of Communists?