ADVERTISEMENT

Thomsen-Teske

Thanks for posting...glad I got to see it. I was under the impression that Teske had Thomsen gassed and a big reason he won. Didn’t see it that way at all. Looked like Teske just kept looking to pour it on and did just that...

Reactions: Afw6006
Nice job Brody! He came back to beat Phillip Moomey (NE) in a close semis bout as well. Those are two good wins.

This is exactly what you guys are getting from Teske. He is not as skilled as many of your other recruits, but he will outwork anyone. He’s made a career out of this type of comeback.

Here is the Fargo semis:

I like his attitude! Even though Thomsen didn't look gassed, Teske was super aggressive in the 3rd period. I'm sure his skill set will only improve when he gets to PSU. Of course, never having lost in HS so far (into his Sr year), indicates that his skill set must be pretty decent!!

This is exactly what you guys are getting from Teske. He is not as skilled as many of your other recruits, but he will outwork anyone. He’s made a career out of this type of comeback.

Hmmm...Sounds like a guy we had graduate with 2x AA accolades a couple of years ago.

Just for old times sake...

Last edited:
Hmmm...Sounds like a guy we had graduate with 2x AA accolades a couple of years ago.

Just for old times sake...

Great comparison! Teske absolutely loves the sport and I can't imagine him being out worked by anyone. He doesn't come with quite the accolades of RBY or Teasdale, but I get the feeling his contributions to the program will be immense. I guess I see it a little bit different in the match with Thomsen as I could see a definite slowdown in activity level by Alex in that third period while Teske (as always) became quicker and stronger as the match progressed. 3-2-2 will really benefit his attributes as a wrestler- challenge cubes will not.

Terrific match. I see the Conaway comparison. I'll take that. Teske just wrestles with no change in demeanor or regard for score. Impressive kid.

Terrific match. I see the Conaway comparison. I'll take that. Teske just wrestles with no change in demeanor or regard for score. Impressive kid.

the score not being your enemy, but rather a challenge to be overcome is a trait not many have. He clearly has it.

Hes going to fit in just fine here. I hope he comes in early in the summer and puts the work in during the dog days of summer, so he is prepared to hit the mat running in the fall.

Although I could see a situation, we let the current 3 125s try to man the spot next year. While teske keeps his shirt on through christmas and then the best man goes.

Only losing zain, with tOSU falling back a bit might not require any of TFr go or maybe just RBY at 133

... except the Pokes might be gearing up for a run next year, only losing Heil and with Fix and Smith both coming off shirts.

I guess I just figured Gavin would go next year at 125 while Teske redshirts and RBY also goes at 133 next year if he can get there ok. The following year RBY or Gavin Redshirt while Teske mans 125 and the other goes 133.

I guess I just figured Gavin would go next year at 125 while Teske redshirts and RBY also goes at 133 next year if he can get there ok. The following year RBY or Gavin Redshirt while Teske mans 125 and the other goes 133.

Yeah thats a scenario that certainly will be debated. I am just having a hard time getting any intel that suggests Teaz can make that cut and/or be effective. Things change and this story isnt written by any stretch.

You have to think at some point meatchicken will emerge as an actual title threat. The roster is going to be quite loaded.
I hear you, but it won't be this year, and then they lose way too much -- Coon, Abounader, Beazley, plus I think one of the Amines.

PS, love that even Iowa State fans use the term Meatchicken.

I was having a conversation with a guy who wrestled for Cael and the conversation turned to recognizing the right talent. I got what I thought was a great answer. Everybody Cael recruits has a high level skill set, and of course a great motor and gas tank. However, most important may be the mindset that never allows a kid to quit.

Just my guess, but Teske will end up being extremely successful.

I hear you, but it won't be this year, and then they lose way too much -- Coon, Abounader, Beazley, plus I think one of the Amines.

PS, love that even Iowa State fans use the term Meatchicken.

I learned the term from you guys, but have successfully spread it to Hawkeye and Cyclone brethren alike.

Thanks Slush for that clip.
Jordan was not a blue chipper, but a great kid who was a hard worker and the room brought out his potential. I enjoyed watching him progress.

Hopefully Teske will be starting those college 3rd periods with the lead and using those two minutes to secure the tech. Love his confidence to finish big.

The talent Cael is bringing in at the lower weights is insane. I really hope Busiello doesn’t end up somewhere else because of it...just think he’s gonna explode (in a good way) at the next level.

Thanks Slush for that clip.
Jordan was not a blue chipper, but a great kid who was a hard worker and the room brought out his potential. I enjoyed watching him progress.

Hopefully Teske will be starting those college 3rd periods with the lead and using those two minutes to secure the tech. Love his confidence to finish big.
Zain's freshman year of HS he had 1 loss. It was to Conaway

IAWrestle had a nice interview with Brody just after his match with Thomsen. Impressive kid.

These people that set up post match interview sites within earshot of the tournament (still in n progress) are knuckleheads. Fargo is the worst.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Teske placed 4th at S32 this year. He did however beat a Fargo champion in yesterday’s semifinals match.
Teske was a cadet freestyle runner up in Fargo and took 3rd at the cadet world trials losing a 1 point match to Robert Howard. Thomsen has been a multiple time junior national AA in Fargo both styles.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Don’t think Teske fared too well at S32 this year.

He wrestled 120 at S32 this year. He got upset by Brendon Fenton (believe he was an Ohio state champ last year in one of their divisions) in the Round of 16. He then went into the consolations and took 4th, as he lost in the consolation finals to Patrick McKee (Minnesota).

He wrestled 120 at S32 this year. He got upset by Brendon Fenton (believe he was an Ohio state champ last year in one of their divisions) in the Round of 16. He then went into the consolations and took 4th, as he lost in the consolation finals to Patrick McKee (Minnesota).
Yeah Tom, I was editing my post as you were replying. Thought it was punk move on my part by saying Teske didn’t fare well at Super32 when in fact he actually placed 4th at a very very tough tournament and a strong weight class.

Teske has a blue-chip attitude. Major factor in PSU recruiting, those that don't have it don't stay.

After watching this bout several times yesterday and today, what's not to like. Fits perfectly, imo. Yes, a couple technical things need to be cleaned up, but heck, he's a HS Senior with good potential, and already has the temperament (action, score).

Horraybeer, that's a neat fact. I'm thankful that Cael recruited Jordan when Liberty folded.

Reading above, Teske's bracket was brutal.

Thanks for the information guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT