ADVERTISEMENT

This Saturday is Saquon Barkley's last game in Beaver Stadium. Expect a 200 yard game!

Jerademan74

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The fact that this is his last game to show his stuff to the home fans, and the fact that Nebraska has 1 of the worst run defenses (if not the worst) in the country; should translate into a huge day for Barkley and Penn State! I am confident that Moorhead finds ways to get SB into better positions to run past the Nebraska front seven and into the secondary. I so much am looking forward to a beat down for the record books!!!

Reactions: BBrown
The fact that this is his last game to show his stuff to the home fans, and the fact that Nebraska has 1 of the worst run defenses (if not the worst) in the country; should translate into a huge day for Barkley and Penn State! I am confident that Moorhead finds ways to get SB into better positions to run past the Nebraska front seven and into the secondary. I so much am looking forward to a beat down for the record books!!!
If the TE can actually get in front of his guy, maybe SaSa gets going. If not, expect more TFL's.

If the TE can actually get in front of his guy, maybe SaSa gets going. If not, expect more TFL's.
Would love to see SB get 600 total yards (Rushing, Receiving, Returns) over last two games plus 5 - 6 TD's along with two big wins. Is that enough to get back into the Heisman?

Only if the entire PSU OL lines up left of center and SB runs right or the inverse of same. It just might work.

I think you're saying that he derives more motivation, and miraculously better blocking and play-calling, in his probable last home game, rather than in the 4th quarter of to games that cost his team the national championship and cost him the Heisman?

Amazing!

What’s mo
I think you're saying that he derives more motivation, and miraculously better blocking and play-calling, in his probable last home game, rather than in the 4th quarter of to games that cost his team the national championship and cost him the Heisman?

Amazing!
What’s more amazing is that nobody has any faith in our coaching staff against a terrible rushing defensive team. Watch for some play calling you haven’t seen yet, and our OL getting surge and opening jokes. If I am wrong, you can criticize me after the game!

If the Nebraska defense that showed up against Minnesota last week shows up in Beaver Stadium this Saturday, Barkley should have at least 200 yards and PSU should score at least 60 points. I just finished watching the Nebraska-Minnesota game (DVR'ed) and Nebraska's defense played nothing short of horrible. Minnesota had their way with them. Nebraska could not stop the QB/RB misdirection plays Minnesota was making. If Penn State can just do what Minnesota did, they will have this game put away before the 1st quarter's over. Nebraska's offense isn't much better. Whether it's Lee or O'Brien, neither seems especially mobile. Nebraska's backs (Ozigbo and Wilbon) are OK but nothing spectacular. They missed at least 2 4th down tries and had trouble sustaining drives.

Normally I am not this confident but Nebraska looks like a train wreck right now.

If the Nebraska defense that showed up against Minnesota last week shows up in Beaver Stadium this Saturday, Barkley should have at least 200 yards and PSU should score at least 60 points. I just finished watching the Nebraska-Minnesota game (DVR'ed) and Nebraska's defense played nothing short of horrible. Minnesota had their way with them. Nebraska could not stop the QB/RB misdirection plays Minnesota was making. If Penn State can just do what Minnesota did, they will have this game put away before the 1st quarter's over. Nebraska's offense isn't much better. Whether it's Lee or O'Brien, neither seems especially mobile. Nebraska's backs (Ozigbo and Wilbon) are OK but nothing spectacular. They missed at least 2 4th down tries and had trouble sustaining drives.

Normally I am not this confident but Nebraska looks like a train wreck right now.
Our run game has made a lot of defenses look like the 85 Bears. My guess is Barkley doesn't get that many carries, Trace throws for about 350 and we win with a lot of passing TD's. I don't think our offense is going to change at this point.

What’s mo

What’s more amazing is that nobody has any faith in our coaching staff against a terrible rushing defensive team. Watch for some play calling you haven’t seen yet, and our OL getting surge and opening jokes. If I am wrong, you can criticize me after the game!
Why should we? The offensive line has not improved all season. We have the best running back in the nation and he is not even in the top 5 for the Heisman. The freshman back from Wisconsin is. The line averages 324lbs and they cant block a mannequin.

Freaking Rutgers had one of the worst Run D’s too and he got a whole 30yards. I’d expect the same output with this garbage line.

Why should we? The offensive line has not improved all season. We have the best running back in the nation and he is not even in the top 5 for the Heisman. The freshman back from Wisconsin is. The line averages 324lbs and they cant block a mannequin.
I listen to a lot of talk radio and I keep hearing he's number three behind Mayfield and Love, so I'm not sure where you get he's not in the top 5.

Reactions: cavic
It is amazing that he will not be in top 5 of Heisman most likely and will not even be all American. Who would have thought that a month ago. He is a great kid and I wish him the best in the nfl

I expect better game then Rutgers, mich st. And Ohio st but he will not run for 200yards.
Even mediocre defenses can contain Barkley fairly easily. OL and scheme is to much to overcome.

Even mediocre defenses can contain Barkley fairly easily. OL and scheme is to much to overcome.

That's squarely on PSU's coaching staff then. Minnesota's 5-5 (after beating Nebraska) and certainly didn't look like a powerhouse, physically...but they sure played like one. Minnesota's other B1G win is Illinois. They lost to Maryland and Purdue. They got destroyed by Michigan. PSU has to be better than Minnesota based on talent alone!

He has to come out running to make the holes, not dance and wait to make a great run.
Although I agree with this, we need to pitch it to him on the outside to get him in open space with a running start. These RPO hand-offs when a defender is there before he gets the ball is the main culprit. A little trickeration and mixing up the play-calling can go a long way against a porous defense like Nebraska's.

Reactions: Nittanyplayer#12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT