ADVERTISEMENT

This PSU team will play with a chip on its shoulder

Well on the DL, PSU returns about 6 DT's that have been ahead of Brevard on the depth chart for the last 2 seasons.

I'm not being sarcastic, but the fact that a 3rd or 4th team DT can leave PSU and project to start at another team can't help but tell us that other team's depth chart at that position was pretty devoid of talent.
He was 3rd string before demarje lewis went down for the year. Now he’s up to 2. Where did you get that he’s starting over Lawrence Johnson?

Reactions: PSU&Trout
JF has been queuing up excuses since before the blue white game so it’s kinda hard to know. But he at least can say he told us so in the event it’s not better.

and as long as they let Clifford lead the team in carries, the OL will look bad.
It sounds a lot like the overall value of Purdue’s OL going into the year. More recruited talent and a lot less experience. I’m assuming as usual that Purdue’s OL will be really good at pass blocking but will go back to 2018 in terms of getting a push in the run game.

but that’s with a QB who would have gone to the pros If he ran a 4.75. Sounds like Clifford is more dependent on elite talent a la a lot of big program QBs. Then again he has more talented starting receivers and five stars off the bench at RB.

Sounds like a perfect storm for a week one matchup.

If you guys play to your talent Penn state wins

He was 3rd string before demarje lewis went down for the year. Now he’s up to 2. Where did you get that he’s starting over Lawrence Johnson?

I was looking for the thread, but one of the posters here shared some paragraphs (didn't link the location) that stated Brevard was basically the #3 DT at Purdue and pushing to start.

I'll tag you in it when I find it.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Depth has seemingly swung from a negative to a positive this year particularly on the DL, secondary, WR, QB, and TE rooms. LB and OL are still thin. That's where we cannot afford too many injuries IMO.

But I love the idea of wave after wave of fresh and talented DL coming at an offense, especially late in the game.

I was looking for the thread, but one of the posters here shared some paragraphs (didn't link the location) that stated Brevard was basically the #3 DT at Purdue and pushing to start.

I'll tag you in it when I find it.
None of our camp coverage has come close. But then #2 Lewis ended up out for the year so he moved up by default. Beyond that I’ve rarely heard him mentioned in any of our premium stuff.

fans think he will make a huge difference against teams who already rotate and who benefit from Purdue’s legs being gone in the 4th; big teams like Wisconsin.

the biggest guy not named Lewis or brevard who seems to be making a push is a guy who may have been underrated cause of his height. True freshman mo Omonode .. who I guess is a chiseled 6’0” 290 with a fully developed lower body who moves well and plays with an edge. He may be a guy who appears in games after Johnson and Brevard.

brevard seems to be more of an old school big ten nose tackle. I.e. a great asset against Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa.

Reactions: lazydave841
None of our camp coverage has come close. But then #2 Lewis ended up out for the year so he moved up by default. Beyond that I’ve rarely heard him mentioned in any of our premium stuff.

fans think he will make a huge difference against teams who already rotate and who benefit from Purdue’s legs being gone in the 4th; big teams like Wisconsin.

the biggest guy not named Lewis or brevard who seems to be making a push is a guy who may have been underrated cause of his height. True freshman mo Omonode .. who I guess is a chiseled 6’0” 290 with a fully developed lower body who moves well and plays with an edge. He may be a guy who appears in games after Johnson and Brevard.

brevard seems to be more of an old school big ten nose tackle. I.e. a great asset against Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa.
6 foot tall and 290 pounds? That dude is built like a bowling ball, going to be hard to move him.

6 foot tall and 290 pounds? That dude is built like a bowling ball, going to be hard to move him.
Yeah I guess he may get in on some 3rd downs as the year goes on. Apparently he really gives max effort. He’d be welcomed by the likes of paterno, tressel etc. only one true freshman will likely see the field against you guys.

Reactions: bison13
I’d love to believe the OP but do kids even care about that stuff these days? This is the “Me” generation and honestly, I don’t know what motivates a lot of these kids…they’ve grown up in a world where “everyone gets a trophy”.

Reactions: bison13
Sounds like they have quite a few injuries right now. Many sound like nagging injuries that won't keep them from game 1 action but definitely they are pretty open about who is missing preseason practice time.
Most teams are open about it. It's only Franklin who hides injuries.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Chip on the shoulder is such a BS thing. No strong program that is competing at the top of the game in any sport is playing with a chip on their shoulder. They are taking care of business and doing their job as they are supposed too. If you need external motivation to give your absolute best, you'll never be the best, because doing your best comes from within.

Reactions: scrivener
Chip on the shoulder is such a BS thing. No strong program that is competing at the top of the game in any sport is playing with a chip on their shoulder. They are taking care of business and doing their job as they are supposed too. If you need external motivation to give your absolute best, you'll never be the best, because doing your best comes from within.
So Georgia didn't have a chip on their shoulders after playing second fiddle or third to Alabama for a decade or more?

Michigan didn't have a chip on their shoulders when physically punishing Ohio St last year after years of getting owned in that series?

Sometimes teams are extra motivated when they are discounted and overlooked.

Reactions: GregInPitt
So Georgia didn't have a chip on their shoulders after playing second fiddle or third to Alabama for a decade or more?

Michigan didn't have a chip on their shoulders when physically punishing Ohio St last year after years of getting owned in that series?
Ummmm, No.
Georgia won because they had a better team with the most draft picks ever in the history of the NFL draft.
Michigan beating OSU was an anomaly. Right team, right time. If that game were replayed on January 4. OSU would have thumped them.
Michigan beating OSU for the 1st time in 9 years and the 2nd time in 17 is just the law of averages catching up.
That is all, nothing to see here.

ADVERTISEMENT