ADVERTISEMENT

This just in. JIM Mora Jr. Fired

Does anyone know of any of their recruits that we can poach?

TIA
Almost all of their recruits are from California and Western states. Seems like a waste of time to go after them unless there's a case where the parents are alums or something. There is one from PA (Dotson).

Meh... his scheme was pretty boring. I got tired of watching teams drive the ball across the 50 before they tightened up and forced a punt, which was often downed inside our own 10.

Boring, yes. But we'd be 11-0 with this offense and the Bradley defenses of the mid-2000s.

Almost all of their recruits are from California and Western states. Seems like a waste of time to go after them unless there's a case where the parents are alums or something. There is one from PA (Dotson).
Dotson could be interesting. Know PSU had interest. But with all the commits we have space is now tight. Don't even have room for all that still have not committed

Agreed. And so did Larry Johnson Sr.

All in all, it's probably impossible to recreate that again. These guys are all near the retirement age for normal people

Why would anyone want that scheme again. We’d get lit up against any decent passing game and never managed to consistently beat the big boys. Lots of 4-4 B10 records in there. No thanks.

Must mean Rosen is definitely gone! Think Darnald stays for another year of seasoning.
I think all of these quarterbacks in college right now who have a year or more of eligibility should all stay in college for another year of seasoning. Reason being is one of them will be drafted by the Cleveland Browns and that is 1 franchise you want to stay away from. I have even said Saquon Barkley should say to the Cleveland Browns don't draft me, he would actually win more points !

Why would anyone want that scheme again. We’d get lit up against any decent passing game and never managed to consistently beat the big boys. Lots of 4-4 B10 records in there. No thanks.

The scheme wasn't all that bad. PSUs biggest problem during the years TB was the DC was the lack of offense. Also we never recruited elite talent in the defensive backfield because Joe preferred zone coverage. The scheme was designed to keep everything in front of you and have sure tacklers at the cornerback position. That philosophy was JPs not necessarily TBs. When UCLA was healthy on defense TB played a lot of man to man coverage on the back end.

But the defense wasn't the main reason we always lost the big games. The main reason was total dysfunction on offense.

But the defense wasn't the main reason we always lost the big games. The main reason was total dysfunction on offense.
What happened the last dozen years or so of Jones tenure was Joe just lost his mojo. Yeah we won some games but a lot of it was done with smoking mirrors compared to what we had seen earlier in his career .

Now we have Oregon State, UCLA, Tennessee, and Florida coaching spots open.

Who else? Pittsburgh, UNC, Nebraska, BYU, A&M, Arkansas....

The scheme wasn't all that bad. PSUs biggest problem during the years TB was the DC was the lack of offense. Also we never recruited elite talent in the defensive backfield because Joe preferred zone coverage. The scheme was designed to keep everything in front of you and have sure tacklers at the cornerback position. That philosophy was JPs not necessarily TBs. When UCLA was healthy on defense TB played a lot of man to man coverage on the back end.

Well that might have been Joes philosophy but Bradley on his own hasn't set the College football world on fire. I have no interest in getting the old band back together.

Reactions: m48tank
Well that might have been Joes philosophy but Bradley on his own hasn't set the College football world on fire. I have no interest in getting the old band back together.
No I agree TBs time has come and gone at PSU. Since he's been at UCLA they've had an incredible number of injuries.

Reactions: BBrown and RTLH
I’ll be the first:

Franklin should fire Pry and hire Scrap.

Oh, and LaVar should be hired as a linebacker coach.

:eek:

Baaaaaaaab, Goddammit!
What evidence is there that Lavar knows sheep shit from cherry seeds about coaching?

Reactions: zwick19050
ADVERTISEMENT