This is ridiculous

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
Hmm, way less busses or cars on the road due to Covid in 2020 may have something to do with it.

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013
"Children" 1 to 19 years old? I'll bet if you called most of them "children," you'd catch lead. In fact, I'll bet you would be too scared to walk in most of these "children's" neighborhoods. And, I'll bet most of these "children" came from a very small number of zip codes, and almost none of them died by AR.

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013
Here's one of the appendices from your study. Really interesting data. Since the left is so adamant about a black woman's right to kill her baby, why they are so adamant about getting rid of guns in the black community? They could have an abortion beforehand or homicide after, and accomplish the same thing. Black babies are 2.7 times more likely to be aborted. Black kids, ages 1-19, are 4-5 times more likely to die by gun than white kids. I wonder if there's a correlation here, as to the respect for an unborn child's life?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Here's one of the appendices from your study. Really interesting data. Since the left is so adamant about a black woman's right to kill her baby, why they are so adamant about getting rid of guns in the black community? They could have an abortion beforehand or homicide after, and accomplish the same thing. Black babies are 2.7 times more likely to be aborted. Black kids, ages 1-19, are 4-5 times more likely to die by gun than white kids. I wonder if there's a correlation here, as to the respect for an unborn child's life?

In some of these “studies” children are as old as 24.
When we see these “deaths” they’re almost entirely due to gang activity . Most other children’s death are due to neglect. A neighbor down the street saved a toddler from drowning last Friday night. The mother was inside cleaning while the toddler was unattended outside with its siblings.
We’d call them white trashy. Kid was running around outside wearing just a diaper and shoes. Just decided to take a dive in the pool . They were watching ( they’re neighbors) and pulled the kid out.
That’s an inner city black neighborhood right there , minus the pool , with guns subbed in due to gang activity.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Partially. Perhaps an increase in the number of guns and a decrease in the value of life contributes as well.
It’s the culture not the guns. If a certain demographic was removed from the stats we’d have a gun murder rate similar to other countries with a much higher degree of gun ownership.
13% of the population is responsible for over hslf the murders and a disproportionate amount of violent crime per capita , it’s not an inanimate object.
Whites are 57.8% of the population, black 12.1%.
Divide the number for whatever crime by 4.78 and compare . It’s culture.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Partially. Perhaps an increase in the number of guns and a decrease in the value of life contributes as well.
Devalued life? Like abortion right up to birth. Or cashless bail. A summer of riots, arson, looting, murder called “A summer of love” Open borders bringing in fentanyl, heroin, gangs, and more called a closed border ignoring massive death numbers. Defund police.

Devalued life......you might be onto something.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Not if we examine the data.
Traffic on the roads was reduced by 40-45%
%of households with a gun increased by 5 %.
Stats are easy to misinterpret. When we think children I think of that toddler that almost drowned not a 15 year old gang banger getting shot.

Reactions: bison13

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004
You can thank your Dem mayors and governors of all the major cities and blue states.
Mostly. That's is why you don't want to live near large numbers of a certain demographic. Racist perhaps, but true. You can also thank the fact that assault-type weapons have proliferated. We have to defend ourselves.

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
Mostly. That's is why you don't want to live near large numbers of a certain demographic. Racist perhaps, but true. You can also thank the fact that assault-type weapons have proliferated. We have to defend ourselves.
The VAST majority of the gun deaths are NOT by "assault-type" weapons. Strawman.

And I would contend that the correlation between the proliferation of "assault-type" weapons and the increase in gun deaths, has their causation reversed. The increase in gun deaths is not caused by the increase in "assault-type" weapons. The increase in "assault-type" weapons is in response to the increase in crime.

Last edited:

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Again, this is why I call you a liar. The amount of deaths by long guns is easily found and the number caused by those guns are less than fists, feet, and impact weapons like baseball bats or pipe wrenches .
You’re just not a honest person.

Reactions: JR4PSU

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004
Again, this is why I call you a liar. The amount of deaths by long guns is easily found and the number caused by those guns are less than fists, feet, and impact weapons like baseball bats or pipe wrenches .
You’re just not a honest person.
This is again why I think that you are dense. The country has a violence problem period. I never said differently. Look up the term "straw man". That said, guns are a major contributing factor. 67% of homicides in the U.S. are from being shot. Think before you post and try to actually read what others post before you respond.

Last edited:

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
This is again why I think that you are dense. The country has a violence problem period. I never said differently. Look up the term "straw man". That said, guns are a major contributing factor. 67% of homicides in the U.S. are from being shot. Think before you post and try to actually read what others post before you respond.
Shot by what? Certainly not an AR-15. So to say that the increase in gun deaths is because of the increase in assault style long guns is a lie.

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004
Shot by what? Certainly not an AR-15. So to say that the increase in gun deaths is because of the increase in assault style long guns is a lie.
Look at the initial post in the thread. Admittedly most murder victims are not shot by an AR. They mostly come into play when someone wants to maximize body count. Relatively uncommon when viewed against the huge backdrop of U.S. gun homicides, but likely to pick up when schools are back in session.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The VAST majority of the gun deaths are NOT by "assault-type" weapons. Strawman.

And I would contend that the correlation between the proliferation of "assault-type" weapons and the increase in gun deaths, has their causation reversed. The increase in gun deaths is not caused by the increase in "assault-type" weapons. The increase in "assault-type" weapons is in response to the increase in crime.
Part of the choice of weapon is marketing by the media , they constantly harp on the specific weapon used which of course the dispossessed weirdos will copy that.
My bigger concern is these psychos will brainstorm in an attempt to be more “efficient”.

Reactions: JR4PSU

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
Look at the initial post in the thread. Admittedly most murder victims are not shot by an AR. They mostly come into play when someone wants to maximize body count. Relatively uncommon when viewed against the huge backdrop of U.S. gun homicides, but likely to pick up when schools are back in session.
I would consider myself typical of an AR-15 buyer. I bought one a couple years ago for one reason, the increase in crime in my area. I bought it for home/self protection, not to go shoot up an elementary school. It is one of the most efficient type guns for home protection. It is locked up but readily available should I need it. I own a shotgun and a handgun as well.

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004
Yup. Shoving old people back into nursing homes to die, certainly devalues life.
Possibly, but has nothing to do with the topic. The elderly used to stay in the home of family members and were cared for by them. Then everyone got too self-absorbed. What would you do to fix the problem?

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004
I would consider myself typical of an AR-15 buyer. I bought one a couple years ago for one reason, the increase in crime in my area. I bought it for home/self protection, not to go shoot up an elementary school. It is one of the most efficient type guns for home protection. It is locked up but readily available should I need it. I own a shotgun and a handgun as well.
You are not problem. Neither is this bourbon guy who probably just likes to sit in a chair with his AR in his lap or go to the gun range. The problem is the 18 year old outcast gun novice who wants to make his mark.

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
You are not problem. Neither is this bourbon guy who probably just likes to sit in a chair with his AR in his lap or go to the gun range. The problem is the 18 year old outcast gun novice who wants to make his mark.
And neither are the VAST majority of assault style weapon owners. The problem is not a gun problem. It is related to the moral decay of society in general. That is the reason for the uncharacteristic increase in crime. That is the reason for the push to normalize abnormal behaviors.

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
Correct. Simple solution. Background checks and raise the age of ownership to 21, just like handguns in many places.
I have no problem with that. We should do something similar for the right to vote as well as the right to bear arms. Both a gun and a ballot are equally dangerous in the wrong hands.

Reactions: Ski and bison13

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
I have no problem with that. We should do something similar for the right to vote as well as the right to bear arms. Both a gun and a ballot are equally dangerous in the wrong hands.
But inner city folks wont be able to figure out how to get an ID to vote. But a lot of them already know how to use a gun. HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Haha
Reactions: bison13 and JR4PSU

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013
Possibly, but has nothing to do with the topic. The elderly used to stay in the home of family members and were cared for by them. Then everyone got too self-absorbed. What would you do to fix the problem?
You're the one that brought up a decrease in the value of life.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
And assault weapons account for a tiny percentage of those. Rifles of any type make up a small percentage.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
An 18 year old is a legal adult.

Latest posts