ADVERTISEMENT

This is on #21. Should have been two or three interceptions

SEPATOPTEN

Aug 21, 2010
I am about as pissed off as I can be. Passive inside the ten instead of throwing and then a fade to a guy who is doing nothing. Running out of bounds preserving a timeout. Game in his hands and #21 blows it. Incredible. Three times keeping their drives alive with 3rd down penalties.Anybody got a Xanax

Reactions: HunterPSU96
Stop it. This is on the offense. Period.

They could have used more clock on the second to last drive at a minimum.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I hear it's a team game but he blew at least two interceptions and to get turned around at the end like that. He was gift rapped the game and he blew it. The O cant score 50 a game. You gotta make that play to win your team the game. In his hands and he blew it. He should have had at least one or two other interceptions. Its gotta be made.The defense had them 75 yards from the endzone and again with opportunities to win they could not do it. Yes the O was bad a Trace was awful but you have to stop them and you have to make that interception.

Reactions: Statefan09
Yeah he got beat on an underthrown ball where
Yeah he got beat on an underthrown ball where he had the wr blanketed.

Maybe next time he should play for the underthrow and let the wr get behind him
That dude had him beat. It was going to go for 6 if the ball.was on the money or under thrown. He had no idea where the ball was. He dropped at least two gift wrapped interceptions.

I stand corrected 4rosco he did have him covered well. I am out of my mind right now. I knew when we got passive inside the ten and only got 3 points it would probably cost us the game.

Players just not making plays. Dropped interceptions, MSU fumbled at least 4 times, we got -0-, refs terrible, what is Parsons contributing? Team is just not a great team. Top 25, yes. Great team, no. Can still make lots of waves in Big Ten.

Stop it. This is on the offense. Period.

They could have used more clock on the second to last drive at a minimum.
Dude they went 75 yards quickly and gift wrapped an interception to boot. The defense was awful down the stretch. The 0 cant do it every week. The 0 spotted them a 12 point lead middle of the 4th quarter two weeks ago and they failed. They failed again today. They are a bad defensive football team.

I am about as pissed off as I can be. Passive inside the ten instead of throwing and then a fade to a guy who is doing nothing. Running out of bounds preserving a timeout. Game in his hands and #21 blows it. Incredible. Three times keeping their drives alive with 3rd down penalties.Anybody got a Xanax
Amani had a good game.

Such a shame too, to perform like this when the opportunity to be in the mix was there. Washington and Georgia both lost, and Notre Dame nearly lost to Pitt. We are young but incredibly we actually have the personnel to win -- this year, if it were not for some coaching issues. Lots of other teams are not meeting expectations or having a flat week. We wouldn't beat Alabama but all of the others would have been competitive, and it would have really got some momentum going. Now we need to hope the whole thing doesn't crash.

Enough with the team is young. Every college team is young. Our starters have as much experience as most teams. Trace, JJ, Thompkins, The entire OL except Menet, Farmer, Brown, Amani, Reid, Scott, etc have all played a ton of football.

Reactions: psu2016 and psuno1
Such a shame too, to perform like this when the opportunity to be in the mix was there. Washington and Georgia both lost, and Notre Dame nearly lost to Pitt. We are young but incredibly we actually have the personnel to win -- this year, if it were not for some coaching issues. Lots of other teams are not meeting expectations or having a flat week. We wouldn't beat Alabama but all of the others would have been competitive, and it would have really got some momentum going. Now we need to hope the whole thing doesn't crash.
I am scared of next week's game even before State lost today. We could be looking at 5 defeats.

West Virignia about to lose as well.

He dropped the game winning interception and I believe at least one more. Maybe a third. He might have covered well but he blew at least two turnovers and to blow the game clincher was devastating. That gets you beat.
That's probably why he is a CB and not a WR. He has no hands

I'm certainly no authority on pass defense, but the D-Line was gassed - so why are we in man coverage, and not a drop zone with 8 players in coverage, and then combined with over/under responsibility on #18 Scott? Everyone in the world knew that's where the ball was going? Instead we play man on one of the top receivers in the country, a guy who killed us last year, and put Amani O. out there on an island hoping that he can hold on until a gassed D-Line reaches the QB. Very confused - perhaps a former coach or player can enlighten me...

Reactions: BBrown
you think you feel bad, just think how he feels and then multiple that by about 100.

Now that we have more facts it is not solely on him. He played 84 plays. 84!!!!!! That is amazing.

I don’t know about you but if i played that many plays I think i would lose a step or two at some point.

I don’t know why the coaches did not rotate him more during the game. They need to know who is rotating and when. Made similar mistakes against osu with some players playing in the high 70’s.

I think this is mostly on the offense. But it was rather pathetic that there were nearly three turnovers by MSU in the final 3:00 and PSU somehow let them score a TD with 19 seconds left.

Also that we did not seem to understand how to let the clock run.

Reactions: BBrown
Now that we have more facts it is not solely on him. He played 84 plays. 84!!!!!! That is amazing.

I don’t know about you but if i played that many plays I think i would lose a step or two at some point.

I don’t know why the coaches did not rotate him more during the game. They need to know who is rotating and when. Made similar mistakes against osu with some players playing in the high 70’s.

It should come as no surprise that, with this type of offense, the defense needs to play a lot more downs. We don't have the depth for that many downs. It's a strategic (offensive) blunder IMHO that shows glaringly (on defense) in the 4th quarter.

I remember -- a long time ago -- when we did not substitute on defense, and they were dependable to make a stop.

We've gone to Big12 style football. If the QB has an off day we are screwed. We can get beat by a lesser team.

The Army - Oklahoma game this year was intriguing. Army nearly pulled it off by managing the clock on offense. Not saying we should use Army's offense, but there is a lot of value to having a prolific running game. That game demonstrated it.

Ya this was on offense
Wr and Trace were as bad as it gets

Team game, it was on everyone. As all of the Franklin losses have been. Opportunities to win all of those games on both offense and defense and neither could step up.

DBs play the whole game except maybe the nickel just like the OL. Biggest difference is many DBs play special teams as well

This issue with not using all 40 seconds on O at the end of the game is unreal. Not sure why no crack journalists ask this. Basic

Totally agree on this. I was shaking my head against OSU when Trace kept snapping the ball late with 10 plus seconds left on the play clock over and over.

Amani+Oruwariye+Appalachian+State+vs+Penn+g74gj0NhJ7Ml.jpg

He doesn’t make this play in game one, then nobody is even bitching about yesterday. Some days you’re the windshield, some days you’re the bug.

I hear it's a team game but he blew at least two interceptions and to get turned around at the end like that. He was gift rapped the game and he blew it. The O cant score 50 a game. You gotta make that play to win your team the game. In his hands and he blew it. He should have had at least one or two other interceptions. Its gotta be made.The defense had them 75 yards from the endzone and again with opportunities to win they could not do it. Yes the O was bad a Trace was awful but you have to stop them and you have to make that interception.

I still put 85% of this loss on the Offense. You can't go 3-14 on third downs, score 20 pts and have the defense on the field for over 80 plays and expect them to hold up. Not to mention being set up in awesome field position throughout the game to just piss it away.
Make at least 2 first downs on your next to last possession and we win. Make just 1 first down on your last possession and we win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT