ADVERTISEMENT

This is how the great ones start out.......

source.gif

Reactions: NoVaLion2
Yeah, I don’t get it either. This video just makes me feel bad for a little kid.

I feel bad for both kids if the kid executing the slam is being taught to wrestle like that by his coach. That's about as dirty as it gets - one thing to just get hurt, or hurt someone else, while just wrestling; but looking to hurt someone intentionally via an illegal move, is quite another animal.

I feel bad for both kids if the kid executing the slam is being taught to wrestle like that by his coach. That's about as dirty as it gets - one thing to just get hurt, or hurt someone else, while just wrestling; but looking to hurt someone intentionally via an illegal move, is quite another animal.
I agree. I'm a terrible judge of people, character, body language and reactions but I honestly don't think this boy meant to hurt him. To me he even looks surprised he was able to put him down so hard and looks a bit disheveled as if he wished he could take it back. I hope thats the case. I think its a good learning tool for his coach. Had it been me I'd have been screaming at top of my lungs to put him down easy. You could see what was about to happen...

Btw, the lady recording is obviously cheering for him and maybe his mom or family member. Props to her because her reaction is what you'd expect from fans that are not only into what it says on the scoreboard.

I have no issue with it. Coach the kid up and teach him how to properly return an opponent to the mat. From the other end, don’t get scooped up and you won’t get slammed.

Reactions: smealpsu2005
These are children. o_O

Exactly. Also, how does "allowing yourself to get scooped up" (a laughable notion in itself) authorize the other party to do something illegal and highly dangerous in an apparent intentional attempt to hurt you??? Some people's "logic" is really curious (maybe the better word is "twisted"). This is essentially equivalent to saying, "if you didn't let yourself get speared, than you wouldn't have gotten knocked out by the guy intentionally spearing you with his helmet" in football???

I have no issue with it. Coach the kid up and teach him how to properly return an opponent to the mat. From the other end, don’t get scooped up and you won’t get slammed.

Maybe the 4 year old assumed the 5 year old knew the rules and expected a rule-abiding mat return.

I havent read many of your post Deezie, and cant help but wonder if you forgot a sarcasm moji.

This is what happens when kids grow up watching WWE and their half-baked parents encourage the same behavior.

Maybe the 4 year old assumed the 5 year old knew the rules and expected a rule-abiding mat return.

I havent read many of your post Deezie, and cant help but wonder if you forgot a sarcasm moji.

This is what happens when kids grow up watching WWE and their half-baked parents encourage the same behavior.
Oh those parents were fully baked

Some of you may remember a certain hammer from Northwest PA that had incredible potential. Beat Mark Hall. Wrestled Tsirtsis tough. Flamed out and went to prison. Years before I was at the PJW Championships and he was wrestling an over-matched kid. His "entourage" was around the mat hooting and hollering and high fiving as he was embarrassing the kid rather than just beating him. I told my buddy next to me that the kid was doomed. He had a chance to be a champion, get a degree, and have a future. Kids need to have the drive and ability, and the right guidance.

Some of you may remember a certain hammer from Northwest PA that had incredible potential. Beat Mark Hall. Wrestled Tsirtsis tough. Flamed out and went to prison. Years before I was at the PJW Championships and he was wrestling an over-matched kid. His "entourage" was around the mat hooting and hollering and high fiving as he was embarrassing the kid rather than just beating him. I told my buddy next to me that the kid was doomed. He had a chance to be a champion, get a degree, and have a future. Kids need to have the drive and ability, and the right guidance.
If this is who I'm thinking of (tip of the spear?), I had no idea he beat Hall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT