ADVERTISEMENT

This Fing Conference

I don’t believe there is an overall conference led bias against Penn State, but it’s quite possible that certain individuals may not be giving Penn State a fair shake. There were two defensive holding calls against Penn State that were not substantiated by replay, and to overturn the TD pass to 87 (can’t spell his name) was just ridiculous. I actually agree that the fumble recovery in the Iowa end zone was a good call, and don’t expect to get the off. pass interference on the last Iowa TD. The other calls mentioned were crap.

I don’t believe there is an overall conference led bias against Penn State, but it’s quite possible that certain individuals may not be giving Penn State a fair shake. There were two defensive holding calls against Penn State that were not substantiated by replay, and to overturn the TD pass to 87 (can’t spell his name) was just ridiculous. I actually agree that the fumble recovery in the Iowa end zone was a good call, and don’t expect to get the off. pass interference on the last Iowa TD. The other calls mentioned were crap.
Open your eyes...this BS has been going on for decades. Enough is enough!

As much as I want us to leave, I remind myself of Gunny Highway:

"Don't give the prick the satisfaction."

Reactions: BriCarPSU
We would have been whiners if we had lost this game. But the overturned TD was an obvious bad call. Called correctly on the field, yet overturned in the booth? F me.

Iowa gets credit for playing hard. But this conference is a POS.

Yep. Glad we won for many reasons. But now, someone from Penn State must make an official demand of the conference to explain the overturn. As someone said during the in game thread, a call that egregious raises the specter of the game being fixed. It's hard to come up with another explanation. Since we won, we won't look like whiners when we complain.

Offensive interference on the Iowa TD? Sorry, no way.

That was simply a GREAT play by the Iowa receiver, he went after the ball and he got it.

C’mon guys....ok the TD call went against us. The targeting call on Toney was in our favor. It’s football calls. There is no conspiracy. Next up.

O'Neil is bad. The less games that we have an O'Neil crew, the better.

In the first half, I think Hamler may have been out of bounds on the TD leap, and I did not think we got a first down that they didn't bother to measure. In the second half the tables were turned, and the calls that went against us were way bigger. He either tries to make up for earlier calls, or he is just inept.

I don't think it is bias like we used to see from Witvoet and Honig. It just doesn't have the same feel. For example, Witvoet would have kept calling holding on our final drive and made sure we punted to Iowa instead of getting any first downs.

Going backwards by 20 yards after the TD was a combination of O'Neil and our own players

BTW why did we ever pass all game? Iowa could not stop any runs at all

Reactions: nittanybear
How about this for a conspiracy: How many times did we wreck the Purdue QB last week, and how many holding calls were called against the Purdue OL?

This week, we are killing Stanley, and how many holding calls did we get? We got 1 this week, and it was a worthless penalty....On their last TD drive, where Windsor got held in front of everyone as he broke thru, no call.

When we had those TDs called back, our guys did hold, but in this conference, it is almost never called...

C’mon guys....ok the TD call went against us. The targeting call on Toney was in our favor. It’s football calls. There is no conspiracy. Next up.

No offense, but go F yourself with a red hot poker. Toney hit with the shoulder, and a flag never should have been thrown in the first place. The TD call was originally FOR us, and the replay clearly showed that the original call was correct. NOT EVEN CLOSE to being incorrect. Yet they overturned it.

I am so sick of this POS conference.

Actually, the pass interference called on Reid just before the Brisker interception was horrible. Reid barely touched the guy, who fell on his own by trying to turn in full stride. That could have had a huge impact if the interception had not been made on the next play. Iowa would have been stopped deep in its own territory. Instead, they got a free get out of jail.

No offense, but go F yourself with a red hot poker. Toney hit with the shoulder, and a flag never should have been thrown in the first place. The TD call was originally FOR us, and the replay clearly showed that the original call was correct. NOT EVEN CLOSE to being incorrect. Yet they overturned it.

Exactly. It wasn’t targeting to begin with.

How NO ONE from our school or administration has not publicly said we will not play in games reffed by this sociopath is beyond me. The man tweeted we shouldn’t be playing. A public tweet. How the f**k does that bias just slide??

And F Iowa. Somehow they’re constantly on our schedule but F them.

Yep. Glad we won for many reasons. But now, someone from Penn State must make an official demand of the conference to explain the overturn. As someone said during the in game thread, a call that egregious raises the specter of the game being fixed. It's hard to come up with another explanation. Since we won, we won't look like whiners when we complain.

Yes, admin must decide they are all-in for the football program and fix this. Gene Smith and Gordon Gee or whoever is in charge now would not hesitate

Reactions: ralphster
I think there was helmet to helmet contact, but it was IMHO accidental / incidental. He turned around and the receiver was “right there” on top of him.

Curious, have any Offensive players anywhere in CFB been called for targeting? SOMETIMES it seems some of these helmet-to-helmet incidents are initiated by the O runner or receiver.

O’Neill is an a$$
SO IS WI

Amen

Reactions: ralphster
No one will do anything. And to what end? This conference blows...but there is no alternative $$$$$$$$

This is absolutely correct Madsol! And this is not the first time we have been given this treatment. I would be looking at O’ Neil and seeing what kind of payments he is getting and from whom. Most likely Delaney!

Open your eyes...this BS has been going on for decades. Enough is enough!
So, you are saying that the big ten holds meetings where they plot the downfall of Penn State? They have specific sessions with all of the officiating crews, where they instruct the referees to make unfavorable calls towards Penn State?

Please tell me how this is an organized conspiracy against Penn State....

So, you are saying that the big ten holds meetings where they plot the downfall of Penn State? They have specific sessions with all of the officiating crews, where they instruct the referees to make unfavorable calls towards Penn State?

Dlaney’s first Director of Officiating quit because Delaney would call up crews before the game and tell them how he wanted the game called. I’ve linked the article before here.

Same refs, same absurd calls. It only takes a couple of calls. This is well documented.

Do you even watch the games? Does installing the institutional bias seem s like such a difficult thing to do? Wake up!

Do you even watch the games? Does installing the institutional bias seem s like such a difficult thing to do? Wake up!
Yes, It’s very difficult for me to believe in institutional, systemic conspiracy where there is nothing to be gained. It’s far easier to believe incompetence or isolated and subconscious bias.

Yes, It’s very difficult for me to believe in institutional, systemic conspiracy where there is nothing to be gained. It’s far easier to believe incompetence or isolated and subconscious bias.

Agree, but last night tested me. I thought the people posting conspiracy theories in the game thread were typical drunk blowhards. Then the Freiermuth call, the holding calls, and I had to question what was going on.

I still think that crying over the officials is bs, but the B1G should address the course of events.

As for the call on Reid, he’s done it a few times before, so I’d say the critics should have to show the call was bogus.

Watch the freaking game! We are literally the reason there is replay in college football. Oh and the big ten and media tried to destroy the program over a BS narrative. Is that enough!? There absolutely is an anti PSU bias. Wake up. How can you be so oblivious?

Lets say two players are going for a loose ball. One is Michael Jordan. The other is Joe McNoname.

There is a foul.

Who is the foul on?

You dont need to hold meetings to make these things happen. You simply allow it to occur then promote those who contribute to it.

LdN

ADVERTISEMENT