ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking of buying a Green Mountain pellet smoker

The Treager pellets sold at Costco come in heavy duty plastic bags with a ginormous zip lock seal at the top. Very convenient.

I've bought those costco pellets in the past and use those bags, when empty, to store other unopened bags into since the other "flavors" are smaller.

I wish there was a Costco near me

The GMG dealer I bought the grill from sells the GMG pellets for 19 dollars for a 28 pound bag. But if you buy 3 or more bags he reduces the price to 15 per bag. That's pretty good, but it's a 45 minute drive for me.

I've bought those costco pellets in the past and use those bags, when empty, to store other unopened bags into since the other "flavors" are smaller.

Good idea, I'll have to remember to save those bags.

Question for those of you that own pellet smokers. I've noticed when eating food cooked on a pellet smoker that the smoke flavor is weak to mild at best, compared to a stick burner or even just wood chips. Is that because of the type/brand of pellets or is that just the nature of the beast? I'll readily admit the smoke ring was there, and the meat was tender and juicy, there just wasn't much smoke flavor. Why?

I am a big smoke fan for certain cuts and anytime I am doing a brisket or pork butt I use my Amazin Smoker tube to add more smoke.

Just fill it and light it and you’ll add smoke for a couple hours. Does wonders on my briskets. Even used it in the past to cold smoke cheese in the fall.

Amazon product ASIN B00CS6YFIC

Reactions: palmettolion
ADVERTISEMENT