ADVERTISEMENT

thinking about buying an efoil

I am changing careers to "Professional Badass"
I was doing a presentation this morning at 9:30 and a guy went zinging by my house on one. It was like "what??" it is way cool but between $10,000 and $12,000

That's a bit pricey. Was thinking more like $2500.
there are powered surf board and boards that can be pulled by a boat like a water skier. This is different. The foil technology was perfected in the last Americas Cup. You are really just flying. so the tech is really high end and, I am sure, that is what you are paying for.

Reactions: ralphster
there are powered surf board and boards that can be pulled by a boat like a water skier. This is different. The foil technology was perfected in the last Americas Cup. You are really just flying. so the tech is really high end and, I am sure, that is what you are paying for.

This tech has been around for decades.
Parasailers have had it at least 20 years.

The new tech is the power source/battery

LdN

I was doing a presentation this morning at 9:30 and a guy went zinging by my house on one. It was like "what??" it is way cool but between $10,000 and $12,000
It is way cool, but its a one trick pony. For $10-12k you can get yourself a decent boat that you can ski, tube, wake board, fish, picnic in. With the whole family to boot.

I'm with the other poster who said $2500. I aint dropping 5 figures on something that is a glorified toy.

Reactions: Ski
Hope that thing comes with a depth finder because it sits well below the surface. An unknown shallow, sandbar or rock will really make you feel like you're flying!

ADVERTISEMENT