ADVERTISEMENT

There's a clock ticking. Since we recieved the news that our University

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
has elected to "honor" one of the most involved members of the TSM board, a man who by his own admission knew about the 2001 incident and told Raykovitz NOT to tell the other members of the TSM board, we have been waiting to be told why.

There is a clock ticking with regard to Ryan McCombie who, knowing this history, put Heim up for this honor at a PSU FB game. That clock has all but run out.

But there is also a clock ticking for each of those alumni trustees who serve with Mr. McCombie. The time is coming when you will have to speak about this. We are not going to go away. If there is a good explanation let's hear it, but I remind you the clock is ticking. If there is something we can do to avert this disaster, let us hear it. The clock is ticking, though.

After it is over, and Heim has appeared at the coin toss and has "represented" the entire community that he helped slander, the clock may have run out on your chance to explain this. It will be ticking until then, though.

To the other 8: Did you know McC was going to do this? Did you try to talk McC out of this? Have you been working behind the scenes to avert this disaster? I sure hope there is a good explanation. If you have told us nothing by the time this poison decision sickens an entire stadium full of people, you may come back to us and find the clock has run out. We already had the mushroom treatment. If we wanted more of that, we would not have elected you.

Therefore, send not to know
For whom the clock ticks,
It ticks for thee.

--Apologies to John Donne

Rob Tribeck has made a very good response that shows us what he thinks of this. Bravo to Rob!

Last edited:
has elected to "honor" one of the most involved members of the TSM board, a man who by his own admission knew about the 2001 incident and told Raykovitz NOT to tell the other members of the TSM board, we have been waiting to be told why.

There is a clock ticking with regard to Ryan McCombie who, knowing this history, put Heim up for this honor at a PSU FB game. That clock has all but run out.

But there is also a clock ticking for each of those alumni trustees who serve with Mr. McCombie. The time is coming when you will have to speak about this. We are not going to go away. If there is a good explanation let's hear it, but I remind you the clock is ticking. If there is something we can do to avert this disaster, let us hear it. The clock is ticking, though.

After it is over, and Heim has appeared at the coin toss and has "represented" the entire community that he helped slander, the clock may have run out on your chance to explain this. It will be ticking, though.

To the other 8: Did you know McC was going to do this? Did you try to talk McC out of this? Have you been working behind the scenes to avert this disaster? I sure hope there is a good explanation. If you have told us nothing by the time this poison decision sickens an entire stadium full of people, you may come back to us and find the clock has run out. We already had the mushroom treatment. If we wanted more of that, we would not have elected you.

It ticks for thee.

I definitely am waiting for Lubrano's reaction to this in a post on this board.

After it is over, and Heim has appeared at the coin toss and has "represented" the entire community that he helped slander, the clock may have run out on your chance to explain this. It will be ticking, though.

It ticks for thee.

The irony is amazingly painful to me..........here we have a man, who KNEW and did NOTHING, and is being honored..............and then there is another man, who has passed, the only one who DID SOMETHING and the BOT has disfamed him, in lieu of properly honoring his legacy. ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL!!!! They should be ashamed of themselves if nothing else.

It ticks for thee.

True. It's bad enough McCombie nominated Heim and then apparently stood by that nomination after it blew up the other day......but it gets worse.

The alumni trustees were elected because of this sort of nonsense. They were sent to clean up (or at least fight like hell) when the BoT played the buddy/ buddy games and keeping issues and decisions "in house". It looks like McCombie has now joined the ranks of those who overlook JS issues for their 'good buddy'.

McCombie has also now basically compromised ALL the alumni trustees to a degree. Their silence is deafening as they appear to hold their tongues and put on blinders so as not to offend their buddy McCombie.

The old guard is just loving this and were all too happy to throw McCombie under the bus yesterday in their responses to complaints saying McCombie is the one who nominated Heim.

So we now have the alumni reps silent as PSU demonizes a coach who properly reported JS up the chain of command........while honoring a prominent Second Mile person who reportedly blocked the JS report from going to the full SM BoT? Think about that for a minute and let that sink in.

With his continued support for Heim, I don't see McCombie surviving his next election. With their silence- I see Lubrano and all the other alumni trustees losing standing and support as well. The old guard BoT couldn't have done better if they tried. McCombie has done the damage for them.

Has anyone emailed and heard back from Lubrano, Doran and company?

EDIT- Rob Tribeck has posted saying he's received lots of complaints and opposes Heim taking part in events. Credit him with speaking out and making his opinion known.

Last edited:
True. It's bad enough McCombie nominated Heim and then apparently stood by that nomination after it blew up the other day......but it gets worse.

The alumni trustees were elected because of this sort of nonsense. They were sent to clean up (or at least fight like hell) when the BoT played the buddy/ buddy games and keeping issues and decisions "in house". It looks like McCombie has now joined the ranks of those who overlook JS issues for their 'good buddy'.

McCombie has also now basically compromised ALL the alumni trustees to a degree. Their silence is deafening as they appear to hold their tongues and put on blinders so as not to offend their buddy McCombie.

The old guard is just loving this and were all too happy to throw McCombie under the bus yesterday in their responses to complaints saying McCombie is the one who nominated Heim.

So we now have the alumni reps silent as PSU demonizes a coach who properly reported JS up the chain of command........while honoring a prominent Second Mile person who reportedly blocked the JS report from going to the full SM BoT? Think about that for a minute and let that sink in.

With his continued support for Heim, I don't see McCombie surviving his next election. With their silence- I see Lubrano and all the other alumni trustees losing standing and support as well. The old guard BoT couldn't have done better if they tried. McCombie has done the damage for them.

Has anyone emailed and heard back from Lubrano, Doran and company?
To be fair there could be things we do not know about this. There may be trustees as we speak railing on McC to walk this back. That is why the clock is still ticking so far as I am concerned--there is still time to do the right thing, and for all I know they are doing it.

To be fair there could be things we do not know about this. There may be trustees as we speak railing on McC to walk this back. That is why the clock is still ticking so far as I am concerned--there is still time to do the right thing, and for all I know they are doing it.

I agree. I was just speaking about where we stand now. If the alumni trustees act then great and I will give them all the proper credit.

Problem is, it's now 1:45 pm Friday, (2 days from when this news attracted public attention and less than 24 hours from game time), and there's just silence from alumni reps. Meanwhile, McCombie has reportedly said he stands by his decision, and Heim took to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette to defend the SM and throw PSU under the bus. As you said- the clock is ticking.

Reactions: fairgambit
The irony is amazingly painful to me..........here we have a man, who KNEW and did NOTHING, and is being honored..............and then there is another man, who has passed, the only one who DID SOMETHING and the BOT has disfamed him, in lieu of properly honoring his legacy. ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL!!!! They should be ashamed of themselves if nothing else.

Heim didn't know more than anybody else (based on McQueary's story), so my only criticism of him is his not sticking up for Paterno during the crisis.

Heim didn't know more than anybody else (based on McQueary's story), so my only criticism of him is his not sticking up for Paterno during the crisis.
Heim knew about 1998...and helped make it go away.

The irony is amazingly painful to me..........here we have a man, who KNEW and did NOTHING, and is being honored..............and then there is another man, who has passed, the only one who DID SOMETHING and the BOT has defamed him, in lieu of properly honoring his legacy. ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL!!!! They should be ashamed of themselves if nothing else.

They need to be exiled. Every single BOT member at the time span of the stupefying lack of leadership that will live infamy and lives on till this day.... needs to resign.

ADVERTISEMENT