ADVERTISEMENT

There is unhappiness in East Lansing

You can’t reason with these douches. They are sad cause penn state is on verge of 10 win season and a major bowl. They are only happy when things are bad. That way they get to complain more which gives them joy.
Who's not "happy" with this season? We had a good season. We should want more than to be 10-2 (7-2) and on the outside of the playoff And this "major bowl" thing has to stop

not for me. I am OK with a 10-2 season. However, we need to look at what 10-2 means. We beat every mediocre and bad team on our schedule. We then had two top 4 teams we lost to. One we played tough, the other blew us out of the stadium.

From my standpoint, assuming we win tomorrow, we did what we were supposed to do. Nothing more, nothing less. That is a big improvement from the last two years when we lost to some awful teams. We lost to Ill, Iowa and Michigan State (Iowa and MSU were both ranked). The Ill game was a travesty by any stretch or imagination and launched Ill to their very good season this year. Hell, they had a parade when they got back.

In 2020, we lost to Indiana, MD, Nebraska, tOSU and Michigan. Iowa blew us out of the stadium.

So 2022 is an improvement but I am not going to get excited about it. Probably our best performance was tOSU in a loss. We were mediocre for a PSU team, IMHO, for 2022. We improved out of losing to teams we should have beaten to just losing to teams that we expect to be better than us.

Regardless of all of that, I am tired of the "wait till next year" attitude. We've sucked or been mediocre for three years in a row. This year has been an improvement and a stepping stone. But I am not going to call it a "success" until we challenge for the B1G championship. That is where PSU should be almost every year.
nicely said

nicely said
B1G this year really is the Big Two and everybody else. Penn State is the best of everybody else, but for us it is not exactly thrilling to be 3rd in the toughest division in college football and headed to Orlando again.

Reactions: Obliviax
B1G this year really is the Big Two and everybody else. Penn State is the best of everybody else, but for us it is not exactly thrilling to be 3rd in the toughest division in college football and headed to Orlando again.
OSU will show tomorrow that’s it really the Big One and everybody else. I can’t wait to see OSU expose Michigan’s passing game, which is pretty average.

Yes, our definitions are different -- hence the beauty of message boards. In theory, had PSU lost 5 games, all in the final minute, would you have said we were 5 quarters or plays away from being undefeated -- despite the loss total? I mean you can play the reduction theory all day...but the final standings are what tell the tale.
Not even close, but I’m guessing you know that. Had we won the final quarter of the OSU game, we’d be tied for second and a loss by UM to OSU would put us in a three way tie…that’s different that losing five games.

Reactions: scrivener
Not even close, but I’m guessing you know that. Had we won the final quarter of the OSU game, we’d be tied for second and a loss by UM to OSU would put us in a three way tie…that’s different that losing five games.
It is but would some (if not you) say we were 5 quarters away from being undefeated?

The implementation of the playoffs has definitely stolen some of the joy and excitement of a 10-2 season, In years past we would all be discussing why we should be #1 and almost every bowl game factored into who was number 1.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

But Obli, we were predicted to win eight games. So this team and coaching staff exceeded pre-season expectations.

I'll take a 10-win season with a NYD bowl game and graduating our players "Success with Honor" every year. We had years we deserved the national titles, at least a share, and didn't get it. That tempered my expectations along with seeing how the BIG cheats to favor Ohio $tate and UM.
Fair enough. My opinion is that the other two teams we should have lost to weren’t very good. The best was Minny but don’t forget they lost their QB the week before.

Face it, Penn State is not going to be competing for conference championships but the 12-team playoff is a realistic goal in a few years.

But at least PSU recruits great athletes under Franklin and plays high quality and usually highly entertaining football. Sometimes the O is explosive, right now the D is explosive.

Watching Iowa-Nebrasks right now and I'm so glad PSU is not either of those teams. They also aren't going to play for a lot of conference championships but they also play dull football.

The implementation of the playoffs has definitely stolen some of the joy and excitement of a 10-2 season, In years past we would all be discussing why we should be #1 and almost every bowl game factored into who was number 1.
I still think an expanded playoff (and I don't mean 12) would make things infinitely better because we'd be getting a change to prove if we were the best.

Pretty close to .500 since 2009.
Historically Michigan and OSU are better programs. Period.
But, don't tell me how to feel!!!! :mad:
Penn State’s all-time bowl record, especially when bowl games were not played like exhibitions (pre-playoff), is far superior to both schools.

Penn State’s all-time bowl record, especially when bowl games were not played like exhibitions (pre-playoff), is far superior to both schools.
Michigan and Ohio St are typically aided by officiating in conference but they cannot save them in bowl games.

Reactions: MacNit07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT