There is no climate emergency

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
As you know, I’m fairly wealthy, which means my footprint is a lot larger than yours. The way to solve this problem is for you to make sacrifices and for me to keep my standard of living. There’s few of me and lots of you and we won’t lick this thing unless you all do your part.

right-of-course.gif

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
As a workers compensation lawyer for almost 20 years, I saw all sorts of problems. Employers tried to blame the illnesses of employees on anything that was not work related. Did not see one instance polluted water causing an illness either in work or just in general everyday life. Particulate emissions are way down and almost certainly when balanced with the good they do ( for instance, fossil fuels are necessary for modern medicine) they are almost certainly a net positive. China has horrible air pollution and yet over the last 50 or 60 years it's life expectancy has gone from the mid-40s to the mid-seventies. Obviously, although harmful, serious air pollution such as exists in China is not a major cause of death compared to other things such as cancer and heart disease. Clearly, although there is a significant downside to pollution in China, the use of coal is a net positive.
Sorry Buck, this is a dumb post. Just because your workers comp cases were not environmentally based it doesn't mean that air and water pollution don't have negative effects on our health. No one is out lawing fossil fuels, but the world would be a much better place if we could decrease their use.
As for Chinese life expectancy, there are many other factors in play besides pollution. Maybe the fact that China is a much wealthier country than it was 50 or 60 years ago and their general population has better access to modern medicine, sanitation and nutrition has led to longer life spans.

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
"there is no doubt that fossil fuel emissions dirty our air"

Carbon is Plant food as someone already pointed out. Did you take 9th grade biology?
Too much of anything is bad. Water is essential for life, but flooding isn't good and too much water and you drown. too much CO2 in the atmosphere is bad.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Sorry Buck, this is a dumb post. Just because your workers comp cases were not environmentally based it doesn't mean that air and water pollution don't have negative effects on our health. No one is out lawing fossil fuels, but the world would be a much better place if we could decrease their use.
As for Chinese life expectancy, there are many other factors in play besides pollution. Maybe the fact that China is a much wealthier country than it was 50 or 60 years ago and their general population has better access to modern medicine, sanitation and nutrition has led to longer life spans.
, apparently it never occurred to you that China is wealthier because of its use of fossil fuels, which of course power electricity which is absolutely essential. Also, fossil fuels are crucial to the practice of medicine. Can't have a hospital without electricity.

Reactions: Monlion and Ski

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
, apparently it never occurred to you that China is wealthier because of its use of fossil fuels, which of course power electricity which is absolutely essential. Also, fossil fuels are crucial to the practice of medicine. Can't have a hospital without electricity.
The electricity for a hospital does not have to come from fossil fuels. Clean, renewable energy works just as well.

Reactions: ouirpsu

junior1

May 29, 2001
The electricity for a hospital does not have to come from fossil fuels. Clean, renewable energy works just as well.
but don't you need to have a supply of renewable energy in order to have electricity for everybody? From what I've seen and read, we may be years/decades away from having sufficient renewable energy to service our country. And, as Europeans are finding out, renewable energy is not always there when you need it

Reactions: royboy

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
but don't you need to have a supply of renewable energy in order to have electricity for everybody? From what I've seen and read, we may be years/decades away from having sufficient renewable energy to service our country. And, as Europeans are finding out, renewable energy is not always there when you need it
No one is advocating we stop using fossil fuels immediately and only use renewable energy going forward. It's a process and a transition. Like all transitions, there will be bumps in the road. That doesn't been we shouldn't start the transition. It is doubtful we ever completely stop using fossil fuels (at least in my lifetime).

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
No one is advocating we stop using fossil fuels immediately and only use renewable energy going forward. It's a process and a transition. Like all transitions, there will be bumps in the road. That doesn't been we shouldn't start the transition.
In the meantime, you leftists will make energy unaffordable for millions. Great work!

Petch

Mar 28, 2012
I don’t personally know whether there is climate change or not, but I choose to believe those who make it their professional life to investigate the question, not some amateurs, ideologs or paid shills for the oil industry. In this case, it’s all of the above.
aka….politicians (more specifically, Democrat politicians)

Ski

May 29, 2001

Majority of new federal climate funds in Pennsylvania going to repave parking lots

The lion’s share of the funding will go to four parking lots in Bloomsburg.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is sending $740,000 to Pennsylvania for “critical infrastructure to combat climate change” – but most of the money will go toward repaving parking lots.

The USDA Rural Development program provides taxpayer money for all sorts of programs, from infrastructure to health care to environmental and economic concerns in the rural parts of America. In fiscal year 2022, it provided almost $1.5 billion for local projects.

Its latest announcement noted 16 projects in Pennsylvania, but the lion’s share of the funding will go to four parking lots in Bloomsburg.

“These 16 projects represent Pennsylvania’s diverse rural economy and will strengthen its resilience,” USDA State Director Bob Morgan said in a news release. “The Biden-Harris Administration has created a roadmap for how we can tackle the climate crisis and expand access to renewable energy infrastructure.”

That roadmap has a strong emphasis on cars.

“The Town of Bloomsburg in Columbia County received a $500,000 grant to repave four parking lots in the town,” the news release noted. “The aging infrastructure needs major repairs. Improvements of these lots will impact more than 30 businesses that are within a block radius of the proposed project.”

It is unclear how parking lots are critical infrastructure against climate change, though local businesses may benefit from customers having higher-quality parking nearby.

Other grants, smaller in size, have a clearer connection to environmental concerns.

Vacuum Process Inc. in Bedford County will get $8,825 “to install more energy-efficient insulation, ceiling fans and propane tube heaters” to reduce electricity usage. Goot Essa LLC in Centre County will get $7,912 “to upgrade its current solar system with the installation of additional ground-mounted solar panels as well as adding three lithium batteries and a higher watt inverter.”

Other grants are larger, though nowhere near the $500,000 parking repavement grant.

Three Rivers Grown LLC in Clarion County will get $20,000 for a solar photovoltaic system that is “expected to save approximately $4,200 per year and will replace 37,368 kilowatt hours (kWh) per year.” Clugston Farms LLC in Dauphin County will also get $20,000 for a solar photovoltaic system. It’s expected to save $7,400 per year and replace 84,647 kilowatt hours (kWh) per year.

All told, 10 of the grants will go toward funding solar photovoltaic systems.

While a federal program, Pennsylvania also provides agricultural grants and subsidies. Critics have called the spending corporate welfare that does not produce economic growth or jobs, as The Center Square previously reported, but supporters argue the spending is necessary.

Energy-related projects are at most 33% of the USDA’s latest funding announcement. The majority of funds “to combat climate change” in Pennsylvania went, instead, to a car-related infrastructure project.

junior1

May 29, 2001
No one is advocating we stop using fossil fuels immediately and only use renewable energy going forward. It's a process and a transition. Like all transitions, there will be bumps in the road. That doesn't been we shouldn't start the transition. It is doubtful we ever completely stop using fossil fuels (at least in my lifetime).
We now know that in spite of the protestations that high gas prices were caused by putins price increase, greedy corporations and greedy gas station owners, the underlying reason for high gas prices was limited supply. But, with our economy faltering and lower demand from a newly re-locked down china the world market price for oil declined.
A result, maybe not totally tied to lower gas prices, the CPI fell from 9.1% to 8.5%. Since oil/gas prices are even lower now, I anticipate another reduction in CPI in august. So, increasing supply does have an effect on inflation.
In the same vein, governors in NE states are being advised now to start stockpiling oil/nat gas for the winter. Why, ,,,,,,,,supply issues! What might we expect prices to consumers to do in the winter months. Oh, have you checked your electric bill latesly....someone already posted about the 20 million delinquent electricity accounts. I assume 20 million accounts means - for a nuclear family of four - 80 million americans are affected
So where am I going? you mentioned the "bumps in the road" in transitioning. well, as all of us can see, you are right. But, the bumps didn't just spring up by themselves. Biden's fist day in office he cancelled the pipeline and signed numerous executive orders that had a negative impact on oil supply. He didn't need to do that. And, if he didn't have a firm grip on the usage data of energy and supply data from all the sources of energy production, then he shouldn't have done it. In fact, I personally think he, or someone on his staff, recognized the mistake and we ended up with release of oil from the strategic reserve. A smart manager would have maintained a "managers reserve" for "just in case" situations.
We are still fighting the supply issue and as we all know, we are nowhere near being able to make up the shortfalls with renewables. Smart people might have the renewables on line and then cut fossils. Not cut fossil supply without the renewables to make up the difference.
You're right again when you say we should start the transition. I don't think anyone disagrees with that thought. But, as Biden has said, for gods sake, can't we do it without forcing americans to spend their life savings on gas, electricity, and food in the process?

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
I’m still waiting for the Republicans to do something to fight global warming. Oh, that’s right. You folks are PRO global warming. Get off of your loser asses and do something good for once as a party.
Fight an issue that’s not real? Why would anyone do that other than you and your radical left wing environmental extremist wackos,

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Large increase in Methane from melting permafrost and frozen gases on the ocean floor. Methane is a much higher level green house gas than CO2, but shorter lived in atmosphere.
That’s your problem 2Lying, you so full of Methane gas you could power a 100 MW gas turbine by connecting a fuel transport line to your azz.

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
We now know that in spite of the protestations that high gas prices were caused by putins price increase, greedy corporations and greedy gas station owners, the underlying reason for high gas prices was limited supply. But, with our economy faltering and lower demand from a newly re-locked down china the world market price for oil declined.
A result, maybe not totally tied to lower gas prices, the CPI fell from 9.1% to 8.5%. Since oil/gas prices are even lower now, I anticipate another reduction in CPI in august. So, increasing supply does have an effect on inflation.
In the same vein, governors in NE states are being advised now to start stockpiling oil/nat gas for the winter. Why, ,,,,,,,,supply issues! What might we expect prices to consumers to do in the winter months. Oh, have you checked your electric bill latesly....someone already posted about the 20 million delinquent electricity accounts. I assume 20 million accounts means - for a nuclear family of four - 80 million americans are affected
So where am I going? you mentioned the "bumps in the road" in transitioning. well, as all of us can see, you are right. But, the bumps didn't just spring up by themselves. Biden's fist day in office he cancelled the pipeline and signed numerous executive orders that had a negative impact on oil supply. He didn't need to do that. And, if he didn't have a firm grip on the usage data of energy and supply data from all the sources of energy production, then he shouldn't have done it. In fact, I personally think he, or someone on his staff, recognized the mistake and we ended up with release of oil from the strategic reserve. A smart manager would have maintained a "managers reserve" for "just in case" situations.
We are still fighting the supply issue and as we all know, we are nowhere near being able to make up the shortfalls with renewables. Smart people might have the renewables on line and then cut fossils. Not cut fossil supply without the renewables to make up the difference.
You're right again when you say we should start the transition. I don't think anyone disagrees with that thought. But, as Biden has said, for gods sake, can't we do it without forcing americans to spend their life savings on gas, electricity, and food in the process?
The insufficient supply of gasoline has more to do with Big Oil closing down refinery production during the pandemic (because of lack of demand) than lack of oil production or a pipeline issue. When the world economy "woke up" Big oil was not able to get refinery production up to speed in a timely manner.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
Fight an issue that’s not real? Why would anyone do that other than you and your radical left wing environmental extremist wackos,

Ted, aren’t you one of the HCQ, Ivermectin, ”Trump won the Election”, “there’s aliens amongst us”, “antifa staged the Trumper coup attempt” militants?

Ask yourself, since you’re always wrong, why the fvck would you be right about global warming?

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Dr Bill Nye (the science guy) sated Climate Change is for real, that makes it official. He will have a new TV SEries on Peacock starting tonight. Six segments each dealing how the world could end & how we can prevent that from happenning.
Oh no😱! Now I am really scared. The Science guy that doesn’t have a degree in science said it is so,😱

Reactions: psuted

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
LOL.

The world turns to nuclear power and the environmentalists led the way! (From NPR). I smell surrender.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Ted, aren’t you one of the HCQ, Ivermectin, ”Trump won the Election”, “there’s aliens amongst us”, “antifa staged the Trumper coup attempt” militants?

Ask yourself, since you’re always wrong, why the fvck would you be right about global warming?
Well, I wouldn’t necessarily call myself a militant, I know that there was no coup attempt other than the Russia hoax perpetrated by Crooked Hillary and the DNC, and I know that there are now millions of illegal aliens amongst us as Mr. Potato Head allowed unvetted illegal aliens into the country. Also, I honestly don’t know about HCQ, and Ivermectin either and never took a position on those drugs one way or the other.

But I do know that global warming is a bunch of radical left wing extremism nonsense and a way for the Democrat totalitarian wackos to try to gain control over every aspect of Americans lives. It’s also become a big money making industry and a form of worship for naive people like you and your misguided leftist nut job friends.

So, Paoli, It’s clear that you’ve been wearing that ineffective mask much too long, it’s cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain, and impairing your logic and reason. In the interim, it’s safe to buy beach front property, next to Obama, Pelosi, Al Gore and so many other “global warming” and “we only have 7 more years” Democrat charlatans as the sea levels will not rise and flood your new beech front property. 😎😎😎

Last edited:

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
Well, I wouldn’t necessarily call myself a militant, I don’t believe that there was a coup attempt, and I know that there are now millions of illegal aliens amongst us as Mr. Potato Head allowed unvetted illegals into the country. Also, I honestly don’t know about HCQ, and Ivermectin either and never took a position on those drugs one way or the other.

But I do know that global warming is a bunch of radical left wing extremism nonsense and a way for the Democrat totalitarian wackos to try to gain control over every aspect of Americans lives.

So, Paoli, It’s clear that you’ve been wearing that ineffective mask much too long, it’s cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain, and impairing your logic and reason.

Do you wear a tinfoil hat to bed?

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Sure you do - you live in utter distrust and paranoia about science and the mainstream media. You quite literally are the quintessential tinfoil hat guy.
Not really, unlike you Paoli, I know the difference between real science and political science.

And any distrust about the MSM is well documented and real. The MSM is nothing more than a propaganda arm or accomplice for spewing “fake news” as a distraction for the incompetence and criminality of the Democrat Party. You really must stop watching so much CNN, MSNBC, and other similar “fake news” networks.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
Not really, unlike you Paoli, I know the difference between real science and political science.

And any distrust about the MSM is well documented and real. The MSM is nothing more than a propaganda arm or accomplice for spewing “fake news” as a distraction for the incompetence and criminality of the Democrat Party. You really must stop watching so much CNN, MSNBC, and other similar “fake news” networks.

You folks literally distrust everything that isn’t Republican propaganda. It’s quite bonkers actually.

Reactions: ouirpsu and maypole

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
yep all the people supporting climate change are individual thinkers researching on their own dimes.
You do have to wonder though, if climate change, rising seas, CO2 emissions are such a danger, why do folks lime Obama, Kerry, gates, Bezos, diCaprio all have multiple homes, some right on the ocean, fly private planes all over the globe , while chastising the rest of us for using gasoline in our cars.......and don't forget, it was John Kerry, our energy czar, who said that we could get our emissions to zero and it would have no effect on climate change. I don't understand, maypole, why you won't listen to the czar!!!

Well for now anyway, you can just purchase insurance.

The only people that should be buying oceanfront homes are the people that own multiple homes.

Latest posts