There is no climate emergency

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
I think we should be concerned about climate change regardless if the change is due to natural variation or man.

The question is what to do. We can do things like build higher sea walls, cut fire breaks in the forrest, and avoid building in flood basins. Those things make sense. We can also continue to invest in alternative energy sources. I'm OK with that too.

I'm not OK with severe regulations on fossil fuels that hurt our economy and standard of living. Spending hundreds of $billions on things that might reduce global temperatures by 9/10,000th of 1% makes absolutely no sense.
Natural gas was going to the bridge to the future until well...... it worked too well and the climate alarmists weren't satisfied with a 2050 goal.
How can any alternative energy solution not include nuclear?
Carbon capture?

These folks can't be considered serious when they ignore obvious technologies that can help.

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
Natural gas was going to the bridge to the future until well...... it worked too well and the climate alarmists weren't satisfied with a 2050 goal.
How can any alternative energy solution not include nuclear?
Carbon capture?

These folks can't be considered serious when they ignore obvious technologies that can help.
Yeah, totally agree.

Overall energy policy should definitely include natural gas and nuclear. There is a place for renewables (use of solar in residential and commercial construction makes sense), but the technology is simply not there to make a massive shift FROM current sources to renewables.

I suspect we will need fossil fuels for decades. And for national security and our own economy, we want the USA to be net energy independent, even an energy exporter.

Carbon capture -- don't know much about the process and progress, but could be promising area based on what I've read so far.

junior1

May 29, 2001
Yeah, totally agree.

Overall energy policy should definitely include natural gas and nuclear. There is a place for renewables (use of solar in residential and commercial construction makes sense), but the technology is simply not there to make a massive shift FROM current sources to renewables.

I suspect we will need fossil fuels for decades. And for national security and our own economy, we want the USA to be net energy independent, even an energy exporter.

Carbon capture -- don't know much about the process and progress, but could be promising area based on what I've read so far.
if we take a close look at Great Britain, they are at or are looking at 18% inflation. Major underlying cause is energy. Boris Johnson was a "net zero" guy and apparently put emphasis on renewables as opposed to fossil fuels. Now, they have high inflation and are anticipating fuel shortages this winter.
France has similar problems although not so high inflation yet. Macron has declared the "ge of abundance is over" and is developing plans on how to conserve energy via turning down thermostats etc. Again, problem is energy.
I just heard where Biden admin has notified governors in the northeast to start stockpiling fuel for the winter. The admin already sees supply problems on the horizon.
The fascinating thing is that there is so much oil and natural gas available, but government leaders have decided that it is best to leave it in the ground

bdgan

May 29, 2008
if we take a close look at Great Britain, they are at or are looking at 18% inflation. Major underlying cause is energy. Boris Johnson was a "net zero" guy and apparently put emphasis on renewables as opposed to fossil fuels. Now, they have high inflation and are anticipating fuel shortages this winter.
France has similar problems although not so high inflation yet. Macron has declared the "ge of abundance is over" and is developing plans on how to conserve energy via turning down thermostats etc. Again, problem is energy.
I just heard where Biden admin has notified governors in the northeast to start stockpiling fuel for the winter. The admin already sees supply problems on the horizon.
The fascinating thing is that there is so much oil and natural gas available, but government leaders have decided that it is best to leave it in the ground
But the UK can put up some windmills and fix this quickly.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
I’m still waiting for the Republicans to do something to fight global warming. Oh, that’s right. You folks are PRO global warming. Get off of your loser asses and do something good for once as a party.
It is climate change, not global warming dummy. In any event, there is no way we can do anything today that will have predictable effects 75 years from now. Lefties latch on to this ridiculous issue because they can virtue signal and doing virtually nothing themselves and yet control others.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
It is climate change, not global warming dummy. In any event, there is no way we can do anything today that will have predictable effects 75 years from now. Lefties latch on to this ridiculous issue because they can virtue signal and doing virtually nothing themselves and yet control others.

Sure, the last 75 Years of emissions caused global warming, but there’s nothing we can do over the next 75 years to change that.

God, you folks get stupider by the day

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012

JR4PSU

Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
I don’t personally know whether there is climate change or not, but I choose to believe those who make it their professional life to investigate the question, not some amateurs, ideologs or paid shills for the oil industry. In this case, it’s all of the above.
The “scientists” you choose to believe have been making prognostications for the last 50 yrs about the impending doom due to climate change. Invariably predicting catastrophic damage to the world only 10 yrs away only to have those yrs pass over and over again without the catastrophic predictions coming to fruition. They have been literally zero for I don’t know how many predictions. Zero. Not one single time have we experienced what has been repeatedly predicted to happen. And these predictions have all been supported by the climate models that the “ scientists” have been using. That these models have been SO wrong should give every person pause and require us to question the validity of these models being employed. These models are biased to give what their developers want them to give. The models simply follow the equations programmed into them. It is quite obvious to me that these models are based on bad science and thus have repeatedly given bad science.

WexfordWarrior

Aug 30, 2017
Somewhere in the Carolinas.
how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif
6c0w63.jpg

lions1995

Jan 7, 2012
I don’t personally know whether there is climate change or not, but I choose to believe those who make it their professional life to investigate the question, not some amateurs, ideologs or paid shills for the oil industry. In this case, it’s all of the above.
Yes, but someone who makes it their professional life to investigate something does not produce something that backs up their life long investigation then they are obsolete and not needed. So they have a reason for people to believe them that there is a climate emergency.

lions1995

Jan 7, 2012
Climate alarmists like John Kerry have private jets and mansions. They make money scaring suckers like you and you lap it up like a dog does shit. They don’t believe in it but you do. It would be hilarious if you weren’t wasting taxpayer money, killing jobs, and shifting power to China.
Don't forget they all buy houses at the beach. If they were worried about rising sea levels, why buy a house at the beach that will be flooded by the rising seas.

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
An inconvenient truth. Al Gore’s energy wasting mansion.
Al+Tipper+Gore+new+9+million+ocean+view+villa+GPAEJr2IqBnx.jpg

Imagine how much electricity it takes to cool that mansion. And how much water and pesticides used to keep that landscaping looking good.

Ask and you shall receive.

Is that a bigoted, oppressive WALL OF HATE I see surrounding Gore's estate?

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013
I’m still waiting for the Republicans to do something to fight global warming. Oh, that’s right. You folks are PRO global warming. Get off of your loser asses and do something good for once as a party.
Typical liberal. Always waiting for somebody else to do something.

Still haven't told us what you, personally are doing.

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
The Dems don’t call 📞 it global warming anymore. They stopped when their pseudo -scientists-for-hire were manipulating the temperature data.
The Republicans are willing to grow natural gas and nuclear power development but your greeny nuts get in the way of that too.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
The Dems don’t call 📞 it global warming anymore. They stopped when their pseudo -scientists-for-hire were manipulating the temperature data.
The Republicans are willing to grow natural gas and nuclear power development but your greeny nuts get in the way of that too.

I’m still waiting for one of you dingbats to find a study that backs up your claim that humans aren’t causing global warming…

Until then…jam your nonsense up your fat ass

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
I’m still waiting for one of you dingbats to find a study that backs up your claim that humans aren’t causing global warming…

Until then…jam your nonsense up your fat ass
Each person gives off about 2 tons of co2 each year through eating. CO2 is good 👍. My plants 🌱 need it to grow as well.

GSPMax

Jun 21, 2018

The so called "Inflation Reduction Act" has come to your rescue. Slipped into the bill that no one read is a provision that allows EPA to declare CO2 as a pollutant.

So, assuming you are breathing, you are a CO2 emitter and therefore are a point source for "global warming".

What are you going to do about it?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Dr Bill Nye (the science guy) sated Climate Change is for real, that makes it official. He will have a new TV SEries on Peacock starting tonight. Six segments each dealing how the world could end & how we can prevent that from happenning.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013
Dr Bill Nye (the science guy) sated Climate Change is for real, that makes it official. He will have a new TV SEries on Peacock starting tonight. Six segments each dealing how the world could end & how we can prevent that from happenning.
It comes as absolutely no surprise that he appeals to you.

Reactions: Hotshoe

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
The Earth 🌍 is approximately 4.5 billion years old. Rational people understand that the climate goes through periods of change.
Bill Nye is one of the greeny loons.

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
The Earth 🌍 is approximately 4.5 billion years old. Rational people understand that the climate goes through periods of change.
Bill Nye is one of the greeny loons.
Besides his wearing a bow tie he's ok.

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
yep all the people supporting climate change are individual thinkers researching on their own dimes.
You do have to wonder though, if climate change, rising seas, CO2 emissions are such a danger, why do folks lime Obama, Kerry, gates, Bezos, diCaprio all have multiple homes, some right on the ocean, fly private planes all over the globe , while chastising the rest of us for using gasoline in our cars.......and don't forget, it was John Kerry, our energy czar, who said that we could get our emissions to zero and it would have no effect on climate change. I don't understand, maypole, why you won't listen to the czar!!!
Hypocrisy is not an argument that global warming and climate change doesn't exist.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
amateurs, ideologs or paid shills
And there are non of these on the "Global Warming/Climate Change" side of the issue?

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
No one can say with any degree of certainty what our actions today will yield in 75 years. The best we can do is act on the educated guesses and predictions of our best scientists.
However, there is no doubt that fossil fuel emissions dirty our air and water. Dirty air and water are a cause or contributing factor for untold health issues. For that reason alone we must pursue clean, renewable energy. Slowing global warming is a bonus.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Good grief, some of you are so fricking dense. The information is available for any of you to view. There is no climate emergency. There is NOTHING man can do to significantly impact climate. Climate changes. Climate is currently changing. End of debate right there. The extent that man somehow controls climate IS up for debate and I'd say follow the money for your answer.
Yep, what people and what countries are making money on climate change?

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
No one can say with any degree of certainty what our actions today will yield in 75 years. The best we can do is act on the educated guesses and predictions of our best scientists.
However, there is no doubt that fossil fuel emissions dirty our air and water. Dirty air and water are a cause or contributing factor for untold health issues. For that reason alone we must pursue clean, renewable energy. Slowing global warming is a bonus.
As a workers compensation lawyer for almost 20 years, I saw all sorts of problems. Employers tried to blame the illnesses of employees on anything that was not work related. Did not see one instance polluted water causing an illness either in work or just in general everyday life. Particulate emissions are way down and almost certainly when balanced with the good they do ( for instance, fossil fuels are necessary for modern medicine) they are almost certainly a net positive. China has horrible air pollution and yet over the last 50 or 60 years it's life expectancy has gone from the mid-40s to the mid-seventies. Obviously, although harmful, serious air pollution such as exists in China is not a major cause of death compared to other things such as cancer and heart disease. Clearly, although there is a significant downside to pollution in China, the use of coal is a net positive.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
"there is no doubt that fossil fuel emissions dirty our air"

Carbon is Plant food as someone already pointed out. Did you take 9th grade biology?

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
"there is no doubt that fossil fuel emissions dirty our air"

Carbon is Plant food as someone already pointed out. Did you take 9th grade biology?
Large increase in Methane from melting permafrost and frozen gases on the ocean floor. Methane is a much higher level green house gas than CO2, but shorter lived in atmosphere.

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Consider: the Titantic was 'unsinkable' until it hit that iceberg and sank.