ADVERTISEMENT

The worst part of the C/S/S trials

The take away: Call the police. When you see something or hear something that looks or sounds wrong or off - call 911 and report it.

Every single person involved in this mess could have called 911 and no one did. That is the lesson. Don't talk about it. Don't take it upon yourself to investigate it. Call 911.
Wow. I can't even. 911 over what?

I'm in the field of child care and I would not tell you that. If there's reasonable suspicion of child endangerment there are a number of things you should do, especially as a mandated reporter. At a minimum you make a report to CPS and let them investigate.
And... who was NOT "in the field of child care" in this case? MMQ JMQ JD JVP GS TC and GS. Who was? RAYKOVITZ at Second Mile. I will assume you are only talking about him?

Last edited:
Please see specific responses to your comments in the quote box.

The evidence from 2001 strongly suggests that these men acted like they were dealing with a somewhat delicate HR problem, not a crime. How we got from there to here is all about the evolution of MM's story.

The OAG, the courts and Tom Corbett need to explain why Graham Spanier is going to jail even though Curley supposedly didn't tell him how serious the matter was, while Jack Raykovitz is getting a complete pass for the very same reason.
Hell, Raykovitz was a star witness for fat ass Ditka.

Please see specific responses to your comments in the quote box.

The evidence from 2001 strongly suggests that these men acted like they were dealing with a somewhat delicate HR problem, not a crime. How we got from there to here is all about the evolution of MM's story.

The OAG, the courts and Tom Corbett need to explain why Graham Spanier is going to jail even though Curley supposedly didn't tell him how serious the matter was, while Jack Raykovitz is getting a complete pass for the very same reason.
Excellent response I would go one minutiae further and say, not even a HR problem, because he was not an employee. I would say, behavioral issue that belonged in the lap of another entity?

I'm not ok with this. This could (possibly did) give JS time to get in contact with the child and pressure him to deny what happened, and also hide evidence.

It's never a good idea to tip someone off they may be investigated unless you're willing to concede they may hide evidence or meet with others to get their "stories straight".

This part of the email never sat well with me.
Only a trained child professional would know this. Not college campus admins who don't have any such training or responsibility on a day-to-day basis for minors.

And we all know even the trained child pros in this case weren't smart enough or trained enough to do their own jobs correctly!

Yes, you are. This is my take on the possible strategy: They pled in order to actually be character witnesses for Spanier, when the ridiculous Feb 1 Order by Boccabella came out allowing NEW ex post facto and out of SOL charges .

They CONVICTED THEMSELVES....

They became CONVICTED CHILD ENDANGERERS.....

In order to implement the "strategery" of........ wait for it.......

Serving as CHARACTER WITNESSES o_O for their co-conspirator.

I THOUGHT I had heard it all

Good Grief

th

smh-7149.gif

Last edited:
Good Grief

th

smh-7149.gif

Get lost. You've become rather unhinged in the past year and I don't need peanut gallery gifs from the likes of you. All you seem to know is accounting and not much else. No political savvy or administrative prowess to speak of. That was proven during your PSU Board Member "election campaign".

Get lost. You've become rather unhinged in the past year and I don't need peanut gallery gifs from the likes of you. All you seem to know is accounting and not much else. No political savvy or administrative prowess to speak of. That was proven during your PSU Board Member "election campaign".
Holy Moley

"Getting lost"..... if one did a hell of a bang up job at it :) ..... would put one at risk of running into your thought processes.

No, Thank You

"Hey, you guys..... here's an idea...you both plead guilty to the same crime we are all accused of - - - - and then, get this, this is the "genius" part - - - - you both serve as "character witnesses" for me!"

"Bazinga! What could go wrong?"

th

"The World According to Nellie"

Last edited:
And apparently you're incapable of basic logic and reasoning skills.

Schultz testimony was that Spanier knew about the 98 incident which means he's (Spanier) been lying about it for years.

How on earth did you arrive at thinking his testimony was positive for Spanier?

Last edited:
I don't know Tim, but I know people very well who had nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for him. If they can send people like Tim Curley to prison in Pa., everyone should be frightened.
Shame on Paul Suhey, Dave Joyner and the rest. There is a special place in hell for them.
Keep in mind that Tim Curley plead guilty fully knowing that he could be sent to prison. He was not convicted in a trial, he plead guilty.

Lesson for everyone, when you consult legal counsel and they recommend you report a possible child abuse incident to the authorities, you report it to the authorities. Also, it is never a good idea to tell a judge one thing and then a week later testify in court that you cannot remember anything that was discussed with the judge. Does not matter if the conversation with the judge was off the record, that tends to anger the judge and you pay for it at sentencing.

Keep in mind that Tim Curley plead guilty fully knowing that he could be sent to prison. He was not convicted in a trial, he plead guilty.

Lesson for everyone, when you consult legal counsel and they recommend you report a possible child abuse incident to the authorities, you report it to the authorities. Also, it is never a good idea to tell a judge one thing and then a week later testify in court that you cannot remember anything that was discussed with the judge. Does not matter if the conversation with the judge was off the record, that tends to anger the judge and you pay for it at sentencing.

Tim Curley refused to have words put in his mouth by the corrupt Commonwealth OAG. They didn't have another Mike McQueary in this instance.

I probably shouldn't have said anything ........ and so I won't say much more

But - in answer to your question - I felt that the general tener of you post was that folks like Dicky D, Suhey, Lubert etc would likely possess the level of capacity for "guilt" or altruism or introspection or whatever other positive human characteristics would be congruent with the premises of your post (or what I interpreted those premises to be)

They don't possess those traits - IMO - and I feel confident enough in those opinions (based on an avalanche of evidence and examples) that I can't even imagine what new information would have to come to light in order for me to alter those opinions.

A lot of people basically just suck.
And a decent slice (and it is over-represented among certain groups) not only "suck"...... but they are so unmitigatingly self-absorbed and self-obsessed as to be fairly labeled as downright evil. Certainly incapable of feeling what we would call "guilt" or "remorse".
Truly and purely incapable.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say (about one of the players in this tragic opera) - - "How do they sleep at night?" My answer? They probably sleep like a baby - - - I doubt if their actions cause them one moment of remorse.

I think we have all had the misfortune to run into scads of those folks along the way over the last 6 years

Anyway - maybe that helps explain what I was getting at..... maybe not.

That - and that folks like Suhey and Joyner are small potatos in this entire ordeal (less than small potatos, actually. More like a hash brown)

Surprisingly, I am with Barry on this one

Our reputation is forever tarnished and we didn't get much closer to the truth. We didn't get clarification on the three most critical e-mails.

Some people wanted the false narrative to be true so badly, that they thew all common sense out the window and believed whatever made PSU looked bad. Nothing was ever going to change that, not the outcome of the C/S/S trial, not even a new trial for JS. It's sad that people are so invested in hate that they will ignore the professionals that truly failed the victims. The truth never matters to a hater. Most non-PSU alums had no idea who these 3 ex-administrators were before the Sandusky scandal. Yet they pretend these 3 ex-employees are PSU (which is obviously a place and not a person), and blame PSU for what they perceive their actions were.

Many others have done their research and understand that some ex-PSU employees were thrown under the bus. To them, nothing has come out to change their mind.

I will address each point as best as I understand your point.

Have I considered that Sandusky may not be a pedophile? Yes. Any man who is confronted by a mother and police in 1998 about touching her kid inappropriately while naked with him in a shower, and then is in a shower with another kid after narrowly escaping is a pedophile. Period. 100% of the time. I can only speak for myself. I'm heterosexual, what I'd consider normal in every way. I would be uncomfortable showering with any group of kids at any time. Even with other adults. I would be ridiculously uncomfortable showering with a single kid, alone. And I would be insanely uncomfortable showering with a pre-pubescent kid after being accused of improper conduct a few years earlier. And I think all non-homosexual, non-pedophile males will say the exact same thing.

They did take steps to assure the incident wasn't repeated. Not very good steps, but they did something.

I am not sure what you think I'm assuming regarding "After speaking with Joe". I'm assuming (and it is definitely an assumption) that Curley is making it up. I'm assuming he never talked to Joe about what to do, but that Curley knows that saying "after talking to Joe" in writing will make Curley look less like the guy who made the decision, should things go badly. But I truly don't know, and I'm saying that I wish I knew exactly what was said, and by whom.
I do think there's a little bit of hindsight confirmation bias here, though. Back in the day--and not that long ago--adults did shower with kids and it wasn't a big deal. Folks swam nude at the Y. And at PSU and many other institutions. That's one reason why what was going on with Sandusky wasn't obvious. Then.

And I'll give an example that has nothing to do with "morals". When I was a kid, I was a Scout. Carrying my pocket knife everywhere was pretty much what you did and were supposed to do as a Scout--because you never knew when you might need it. Today? It gets you expelled. That change only took about 40 years (likely less).

We have a bad habit these days of interpreting past activities in all walks of life based on current memes and mores. That kind of cultural relativism is dangerous. But when you eliminate any concept of absolute morality from a culture, it's what you are left with. And that's where we are now.

The take away: Call the police. When you see something or hear something that looks or sounds wrong or off - call 911 and report it.

Every single person involved in this mess could have called 911 and no one did. That is the lesson. Don't talk about it. Don't take it upon yourself to investigate it. Call 911.

Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

You can spout off all the bullshit you want. If you receive a report of child sexual abuse, you don't go to the accused party to tell them someone thinks they're diddling kids. End of story.

No one will argue this. But in this case, no one received a report CSA.

IF that were the case and it was witnessed, it surely isn't normal.

Starting a charity for at risk youth is also not "normal".

And apparently you're incapable of basic logic and reasoning skills.

Schultz testimony was that Spanier knew about the 98 incident which means he's (Spanier) been lying about it for years.

How on earth did you arrive at thinking his testimony was positive for Spanier?

I have an extremely demanding career, I can't even imagine how much more information Spanier had to process on a daily basis than I do. I can completely believe that it's possible that Schultz told him about this "non-issue" a few years prior and it completely left his mind.

Then again, Schultz could also be mistaken or lying. So there isn't really much here to hang your hat on... yet you still do.

I have an extremely demanding career, I can't even imagine how much more information Spanier had to process on a daily basis than I do. I can completely believe that it's possible that Schultz told him about this "non-issue" a few years prior and it completely left his mind.

Then again, Schultz could also be mistaken or lying. So there isn't really much here to hang your hat on... yet you still do.

I don't care that no one reported CSA, which by the way, is your opinion.

McQueary reported Sandusky alone in a shower at night with a boy. If that's not enough, then you're right there with bdgan and indynittany.

McQueary reported Sandusky alone in a shower at night with a boy. If that's not enough, then you're right there with bdgan and indynittany.

Is it not a fact that Dranov and Dad McQ testified it was not CSA?

Who reported CSA? I think your response is probably only your opinion.

I used to love Penn State and pretty much everything about it. I was part of something that gave me great pride, and I wanted to give back to that institution and encourage others to go there to obtain an education. The Sandusky situation exposed that positive feeling about the institution as being a sham. Personally, I feel that a significant portion of my identity has been damaged because of this. I wonder if others on this board feel the same way.

Not because of Sandusky himself--even within great institutions, you will find horrible people who do horrible things. It is how an institution deals with such a crisis that reveals its true character. When the leadership of that institution attempts to tear down some of the very people and things that made it great as a means of self-protection, I am done. Don't insinuate that I, and every other Penn State alum, put football ahead of children's welfare and then come ask me for money.

I was no fan of Spanier, but he didn't deserve this. I was a great fan of Joe, and certainly he didn't deserve this either. When Penn State threw them under the bus, they threw all Penn State alums under the bus.

Now the only thing I care about in regard to Penn State is football. The rest of the university is dead to me.
This pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Very well said.

Don't disagree...but this was in 2001, this was before the institutional Catholic Church scandal was uncovered by the Boston Globe later that year. That church scandal rewrote the record books on how to handle such incidents. The paradigm was different.

If Spanier had never sent that email...that email sealed his fate.

Is Curley ever going to speak publically? Don't hold your breath.
I would hope he would. On the other hand I have not been terrorized by the KGB of The Commonwealth. To date, we've heard from MM, JK, TH....essentially those who have been scripted by the OAG and have reason to follow it. As far as I'm concerned, his lifetime body of work speaks for him.
If folks wish to take the testimony of MM over that of TC, have at it.

I think TSM should have been investigated, along with Raykovitz. However, Curley told Raykovitz and even more watered down version of the story than what most people on this board believe Mike told Curley and Schultz. Based on the conversation, Curley did not give Raykovitz any reason to act.
You are the CEO of an organization, which in effect, has its privilege to use facilities on the PSU campus revoked......due to inappropriate behavior of an employee......no reason to look into that! LOL

I think TSM should have been investigated, along with Raykovitz. However, Curley told Raykovitz and even more watered down version of the story than what most people on this board believe Mike told Curley and Schultz. Based on the conversation, Curley did not give Raykovitz any reason to act.

Yeah...right o_O

With Dr Raykovitz on the stand, the Spanier Trial was BEGGING the defense to proceed along the lines of:

Establishing the following facts:

A – That Dr Raykovitz was the recipient of a report that – at the least:

Sandusky, their employee (and founder) was showering, alone, and – at the least – “horsing around with” – a 2nd mile child in the shower.

B – The incident evolved in such a manner that it – at the least – made the witness to the event very uncomfortable

C - That – as a result – the reporter (PSU/Curley) had taken the actions of BANNING Sandusky from bringing 2nd Mile kids on campus.

These are ALL uncontested facts.

In so doing (if they had not been utter incompetents - or worse) the CSS defense – as easily as falling off a log – would have established all of the things that we (anyone who has been paying attention) know:

That Dr Raykovitz’s response (along with 2nd Mile Trustee Bruce Heim) was “If you’re telling me Sandusky is a pedophile, you’re crazy”…

And that the actions taken by Raykovitz were limited to telling Sandusky only that he was to wear swim trunks when showering with children in the future.

The defense was practically dragged - begged - to bring forward the conclusions that Raykovitz and the 2nd Mile:
- did not investigate the incident
- did not identify and meet with the child and the child’s parents/guardian
- did not make a report to DPW or any other agencies

The Defense - bewilderingly (to say the least) - refused to do ANY of this.

Otherwise, the defense would have then been set up to then ask Dr Raykovitz…..

"What should have been the protocol - - - when a report comes to you that your employee/founder was, AT THE LEAST, showering alone with a 2nd Mile Child, and engaging in, AT THE LEAST, "horseplay" that led the observer to be very concerned, and that, AT THE LEAST, led the folks on site to BANISH Sandusky from bringing children onto their premises."

Allow Dr Jack to answer that question with:

"The proper protocol was for me - as the professional director of a licensed, state-regulated child welfare agency - to tell Jerry to wear swim trunks"......
and then watch the courtroom burst into laughter

And the defense, in knowing that the required protocol was to initiate an investigation – and identify the child – and notify the parents etc etc

[At which point, by the way, the trial of the "PSU Three" is over…….as the simple argument becomes:
It is impossible to be guilty of endangering the welfare of a child by failing to “report”….when a report WAS made to the officials who SHOULD HAVE, who were DUTY BOUND TO, based on such a report – to investigate the incident.
At that point, not only do CSS walk away as free men – whether one feels that is important or not, whether one feels that is proper or not…….
but also opens the door – kicks down the door – to FINALLY investigating the 2nd mile, and drastically “changing the narrative” of the entire affair.]

THEY – the defendants - DID NOT DO ANY OF THAT
They never threw a punch…not even close to it
That is unconscionable.

The idea that:

"Curley did not give Raykovitz any reason to act"

Is one of the dumbest parcels of circle-jerk idiocy of the last 6 years.

Almost as idiotic as the "PSU Three" putting forward a case of:

"I'm Guilty", "I'm Guilty", and "No defense, your Honor"

Last edited:
Is it not a fact that Dranov and Dad McQ testified it was not CSA?

Who reported CSA? I think your response is probably only your opinion.

They believe whatever they need to believe to enable their hate of all things PSU. Facts do not matter.

Reactions: humpydudas19

And yet, just a few years prior to 2001, the state child care experts at DPW/CYS, gave JS' inappropriate 1:1 showering (with naked bear hugs from behind) their good housekeeping stamp of approval. They didn't even restrict his 1:1 access to kids for crying out loud! All they did was supposedly get him to promise to not do it again....you must be beside yourself knowing that, considering your outrage over non expert college admins trying to handle an even more vague report of similar circumstances (it can be argued that admins did more in 2001 to stop JS by removing his guest privileges and informing TSM than the state did in 98-no restriction of access to kids).

You also continually ignore that JS groomed the community for decades to think he would be the last person to hurt a kid and that him showering after workouts with these kids was SOP, no big deal. You can't just breeze past this as if it didn't factor into how people in general handled reports of JS' inappropriate showering. In fact, the state of PA/DPW/CYS thought TSM volunteers having 1:1 access to kids during "workouts" was such a good idea they tried to expand on TSM's friend fitness program all over the state (Arrow MInisteries continues the program to this day I believe in TX and MD). You have to consider that JS' 1:1 after school workout friend fitness program was SANCTIONED by the state.

It's not like he was just finding random kids and bringing them to lasch to work out/shower, it was under the guise of a state sponsored and approved program with TSM kids.

In PA it's not illegal to shower with a kid, it's only illegal if it can be PROVEN that it's being done with sexual intent.

Also, I'm not saying that adults having 1:1 late night showers with other people's kids is ok or a good idea, only that the state pretty much signed off on these types of programs so you have to consider ALL of the context before trying to cast judgement on the admins.

If Spanier had never sent that email...that email sealed his fate.

That email, when taken in context and interpreted accurately, exonerates the lot of them.

Spanier's exact words were:

This approach is acceptable to me. It requires you to go a step further and means your conversation will be all the more difficult, but I admire your willingness to do that and I am supportive. The only downside for us is if our message is not “heard” and acted upon, and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it. But that can be assessed down the road. The approach you outline is humane and a reasonable way to proceed.

Let me break it down.

1) GS took responsibility and exercised his duty as the final authority. The president of the university decided what the university's response would be, not the football coach.

2) GS confirmed that the only change Tim proposed was to include Sandusky among those to be informed. GS acknowledged that what Tim proposed would require an additional step. If Tim had proposed excluding DPW, wouldn't that suggest one less step? This destroys the Freeh narrative completely!

3) The "only downside" on Spanier's radar would have to be triggered by a subsequent incident. If/Then. They were sending Jerry a message. Showering alone with these kids was a lawsuit waiting to happen. It's a he said/he said scenario. Jerry wouldn't have to be guilty, he only needed to be accused. Penn State, by virtue of its deep pockets and desire to protect its image, would be ripe for the picking in a civil suit.

4) Not reporting the matter at hand could come back and bite them in the event of a subsequent incident. This is where their knowledge of the '98 investigation served as a wake up call. V6's mother could have easily initiated a civil suit even though Gricar declined to press criminal charges. A repeat of '98 is what they were trying to avoid. Was it a risk? Yes. Were they trying to protect Penn State's image. No. The opposite is true. If they wanted to protect PSU's image, they would have thrown Jerry under the bus.

5) If they believed Jerry had abused that boy, his going to the authorities would be the "only downside" on Spanier's radar, not some vague future event. None of them were the least bit concerned that Allan Myers might go to the authorities on his own. They were so unconcerned that they never even bothered to find out who he was. A current employee, MM, had seen this event and then left the boy alone with his "abuser". How is this open ended risk not the elephant in the room? The "only" explanation is that MM never actually witnessed abuse nor communicated that he had.

6) Involving DPW was still on the table. It was always considered an optional step, going back to Schultz's initial notes written the day he met with Joe and talked with Courtney, and including Curley's email where he talks about Jerry's cooperation. Reporting was always contingent on what Jerry would do in the future, not what he had done. Reporting the incident at the time would have covered their asses, but what other purpose would it have served? Their task was to prevent a future incident. If they could accomplish that without opening up a can of worms, so much the better.

7) There's nothing "humane and reasonable" about an approach which failed to address the abuse of a child. Those words simply don't fit the narrative. However, it is quite reasonable and humane if they could protect Penn State from the possibility of a future lawsuit without causing harm to TSM or Sandusky's reputation.

Reactions: WeR0206

Except the emails he was copied in on back in 98.

And the email he replied to in 2001.

And that it not being mentioned in 2001 defies all logic.

But Schultz is lying or Spanier forgot. I'm sure Curley was lying about both he and Joe knowing of 98 too.

giphy.gif

But Schultz is lying or Spanier forgot. I'm sure Curley was lying about both he and Joe knowing of 98 too.

giphy.gif
CJ

"Burp"

Whattayasoafraidof LT?

Forget it...... we know. :)

That email, when taken in context and interpreted accurately, exonerates the lot of them.

Spanier's exact words were:

This approach is acceptable to me. It requires you to go a step further and means your conversation will be all the more difficult, but I admire your willingness to do that and I am supportive. The only downside for us is if our message is not “heard” and acted upon, and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it. But that can be assessed down the road. The approach you outline is humane and a reasonable way to proceed.

Let me break it down.

1) GS took responsibility and exercised his duty as the final authority. The president of the university decided what the university's response would be, not the football coach.

2) GS confirmed that the only change Tim proposed was to include Sandusky among those to be informed. GS acknowledged that what Tim proposed would require an additional step. If Tim had proposed excluding DPW, wouldn't that suggest one less step? This destroys the Freeh narrative completely!

3) The "only downside" on Spanier's radar would have to be triggered by a subsequent incident. If/Then. They were sending Jerry a message. Showering alone with these kids was a lawsuit waiting to happen. It's a he said/he said scenario. Jerry wouldn't have to be guilty, he only needed to be accused. Penn State, by virtue of its deep pockets and desire to protect its image, would be ripe for the picking in a civil suit.

4) Not reporting the matter at hand could come back and bite them in the event of a subsequent incident. This is where their knowledge of the '98 investigation served as a wake up call. V6's mother could have easily initiated a civil suit even though Gricar declined to press criminal charges. A repeat of '98 is what they were trying to avoid. Was it a risk? Yes. Were they trying to protect Penn State's image. No. The opposite is true. If they wanted to protect PSU's image, they would have thrown Jerry under the bus.

5) If they believed Jerry had abused that boy, his going to the authorities would be the "only downside" on Spanier's radar, not some vague future event. None of them were the least bit concerned that Allan Myers might go to the authorities on his own. They were so unconcerned that they never even bothered to find out who he was. A current employee, MM, had seen this event and then left the boy alone with his "abuser". How is this open ended risk not the elephant in the room? The "only" explanation is that MM never actually witnessed abuse nor communicated that he had.

6) Involving DPW was still on the table. It was always considered an optional step, going back to Schultz's initial notes written the day he met with Joe and talked with Courtney, and including Curley's email where he talks about Jerry's cooperation. Reporting was always contingent on what Jerry would do in the future, not what he had done. Reporting the incident at the time would have covered their asses, but what other purpose would it have served? Their task was to prevent a future incident. If they could accomplish that without opening up a can of worms, so much the better.

7) There's nothing "humane and reasonable" about an approach which failed to address the abuse of a child. Those words simply don't fit the narrative. However, it is quite reasonable and humane if they could protect Penn State from the possibility of a future lawsuit without causing harm to TSM or Sandusky's reputation.

You can perform your analysis and try to exonerate them all you want, the key phrase in the email "The only downside for us is if our message is not “heard” and acted upon, and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it.".

Spanier’s own words acknowledge that they would be vulnerable for not having reported it. Spanier knew that the incident should have been reported to the authorities but for whatever reason it was not. Nobody has answered the question why wasn’t reported to the authorities. Spanier did not testified, Curley did and he came across as not credible. No matter how many words you type, it still does not change the fact that Spanier in his own words admitted they were vulnerable if the incident was not reported.

You can perform your analysis and try to exonerate them all you want, the key phrase in the email "The only downside for us is if our message is not “heard” and acted upon, and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it.".

Spanier’s own words acknowledge that they would be vulnerable for not having reported it. Spanier knew that the incident should have been reported to the authorities but for whatever reason it was not. Nobody has answered the question why wasn’t reported to the authorities. Spanier did not testified, Curley did and he came across as not credible. No matter how many words you type, it still does not change the fact that Spanier in his own words admitted they were vulnerable if the incident was not reported.

That is the kicker. They had the right call on the table and simply went the other way with it. Yelling investigate TSM is great and all and it should have occurred, but it's basically like a dog yelling squirrel at this point in time. It's a quick fix deflection. I don't think they deserve to be in jail, but people in those positions do lose their jobs when it happens on their watch.

The witch hunt should have never made it to the courtroom, but the school itself (OG BoT) made it about PSU and football so blaming the world for your own internal f--k ups is cute and all, but who really made this about Joe and football? Who cut the checks? Who decided to pay Freeh? Who gave the media more and more ammo? I get the anger, but this blaming the state for corruption all the time when the school itself put their heads on platters is a joke at this point in time. Yelling Doctor Jack doesn't take away the millions spent on Freeh blaming a "football first" culture. These guys did in fact know about something in 98 and screwed up in 2001. I still don't believe it was malicious, but more of being naive to JS. Some fines and probation for a bad decision would have still gotten the point across....but this became so damn political early on and still is to this day.

Reactions: JmmyW and Bob78

Don't forget the lotion.

Hey Bob - Will Hobson would love to chat.

Give him a shout on his cell at:
Or the office line at :

Good Luck!

Thank you, Wendy, for the compliment on my stream of consciousness. There was nothing else included that you missed. We may have some of the same folks on that special ignore list!

Yes, please send to him if you think that diatribe is worthy of his time and perhaps gives him a thought-starter or two. Since you have established a relationship of sorts with him, it is probably more effective coming from a known source than a new one.
As I reread it, I see I have a couple of typos in the form of missing words, so feel free to clean them up if you're inclined.

And thank you for for asking for my ok - I appreciate that.

Your gif is highly appropriate, just bury your head in the sand and ignore the main point of my post. Do you remember every email you have ever been copied on or sent? (given 1998 was a non-issue, there is no reason for it to stand out) I have a rule that deletes every email I am copied on to cut down on email traffic. If it wasn't important enough to put me in the "To" line, it's not important enough to read. I can't even fathom the email traffic the president of a university receives. You wouldn't understand what it's like to have a demanding career and family, because well look at what time you're posting.

But by all means, please keep posting nonsense that makes you look silly.

Reactions: humpydudas19
Your gif is highly appropriate, just bury your head in the sand and ignore the main point of my post. Do you remember every email you have ever been copied on or sent? (given 1998 was a non-issue, there is no reason for it to stand out) I have a rule that deletes every email I am copied on to cut down on email traffic. If it wasn't important enough to put me in the "To" line, it's not important enough to read. I can't even fathom the email traffic the president of a university receives. You wouldn't understand what it's like to have a demanding career and family, because well look at what time you're posting.

But by all means, please keep posting nonsense that makes you look silly.
An employee of yours investigated for possible sexual abuse of a minor and you forget that one or toss it away as a CEO or President? LOL...you can only try and shovel that sh!t here with a straight face and expect people to buy it. Actually that is exactly the type of email that would stand out to ANYONE and rightfully so. Then that same employee gets called to the carpet 3 years later and you totally forgot. I don't think they should have been crucified the way they were, but anyone pretending that type of info is just deleted or erased from your brain is FOS. Congrats on that last post...you officially jumped the shark there...just yell Dr. Jack some more and it will fix everything.

Reactions: clickhere 01
An employee of yours investigated for possible sexual abuse of a minor and you forget that one or toss it away as a CEO or President? LOL...you can only try and shovel that sh!t here with a straight face and expect people to buy it. Actually that is exactly the type of email that would stand out to ANYONE and rightfully so. Then that same employee gets called to the carpet 3 years later and you totally forgot. I don't think they should have been crucified the way they were, but anyone pretending that type of info is just deleted or erased from your brain is FOS. Congrats on that last post...you officially jumped the shark there...just yell Dr. Jack some more and it will fix everything.

For the sake of argument - the only way that CEO would forget such an email is if they are a common occurrence - that employees are getting investigated for sex abuse with minors all the time.

I don't think that's so in this case (though our worst detractors alleged that at points)

But it is the only reason a President would forget such an email. And if pandczar wants to make that case, he's not arguing that Spanier is clear of anything!

For the sake of argument - the only way that CEO would forget such an email is if they are a common occurrence - that employees are getting investigated for sex abuse with minors all the time.

I don't think that's so in this case (though our worst detractors alleged that at points)

But it is the only reason a President would forget such an email. And if pandczar wants to make that case, he's not arguing that Spanier is clear of anything!

Let's not forget who Jerry was too....sorry, but this idea it was the lunch aid slinging burgers and picking up trash is a bit different that the real life conversation we are having. I'm not saying these guys need to be burned at the stake, but it comes off as incredibly stupid when people say....ohhh. maybe they forgot about 98 since he was given the all clear.

ADVERTISEMENT