ADVERTISEMENT

The Who

psuro

Aug 24, 2001
The corner table at the Skellar
saw them last night in Atlantic City. For a couple of guys in their 70s, they can still bring it. Saw them in 2013 and 2015 in this venue (Boardwalk Hall) and each time they simply engulfed the arena with their sound. Daltrey's voice was better now than in 2015, and Pete still played with the angry precision he displayed when I first saw them in the 1980s, although he missed a couple of high notes, especially on "Love Reign O'er Me". But still solid. Lyrically, a number of the their songs and the messages would be appropriate today they were in the 1960's and 1970s.

Good backing group led by Pete's brother Simon and Ringo Starr's son, Zack, on drums.

Not sure how much longer the music of my era will be around, but glad I got to see them again. Even younger people (less than 30) at the show walked away impressed with their energy and musicianship.

In 40-50 years, how many acts from today will still sell out arenas?

How many bands that have peaked since 1980 will still be relevant 40-50 years after their peak?

saw them last night in Atlantic City. For a couple of guys in their 70s, they can still bring it. Saw them in 2013 and 2015 in this venue (Boardwalk Hall) and each time they simply engulfed the arena with their sound. Daltrey's voice was better now than in 2015, and Pete still played with the angry precision he displayed when I first saw them in the 1980s, although he missed a couple of high notes, especially on "Love Reign O'er Me". But still solid. Lyrically, a number of the their songs and the messages would be appropriate today they were in the 1960's and 1970s.

Good backing group led by Pete's brother Simon and Ringo Starr's son, Zack, on drums.

Not sure how much longer the music of my era will be around, but glad I got to see them again. Even younger people (less than 30) at the show walked away impressed with their energy and musicianship.
Saw them in Philadelphia in March of 2016...amazing for their age. Great show!

One of many reasons to be jealous of you, Ro! ;)

I've always loved The Who. I would love to see them in their current configuration in concert. (Come to the BJC!)
"Who's Next" is one of my all-time fave albums, start-to-finish. When I think of pure rock-n-roll, this band and that album are prime examples, imo. I still enjoy blasting those songs on my iPod hook-up in my car.

One of many reasons to be jealous of you, Ro! ;)

I've always loved The Who. I would love to see them in their current configuration in concert. (Come to the BJC!)
"Who's Next" is one of my all-time fave albums, start-to-finish. When I think of pure rock-n-roll, this band and that album are prime examples, imo. I still enjoy blasting those songs on my iPod hook-up in my car.

I hope I have that much energy when I am 73. Right now, at the age of 52, I feel the constant need for a nap.

I saw the show as well. Took the wife, she was impressed. Overall, great concert. One hit after another by some sharp musicians

I'm jealous.I got to see Blondie, knowing that DH wasn't going to be able to sing a single note. I did enjoy Garbage opening. I had no idea Shirley Manson was nearly 51. I am spoiled being able to walk to some good shows while living in the burbs - not many can do it.

Saw The Who, June 24, 1970, at The Spectrum. Spectacular concert. $6.00. I was a 17 year old recent high school graduate.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I think this cost me $60 a ticket. Actually, all things considered, a pretty good deal.
Excellent deal. We saw them this past March as well, they were fantastic. We have seen them every 10 years or so going back to the 70s and they have always been constant. Rock, rock and more rock with great graphics and video and light show.

Excellent deal. We saw them this past March as well, they were fantastic. We have seen them every 10 years or so going back to the 70s and they have always been constant. Rock, rock and more rock with great graphics and video and light show.

Yup - if you were at any shows from 30 + years ago and attended this one with your eyes closed, you would not have been able to notice the difference - with maybe the exception of Townshend not having Moonie to scream at on stage.

Reactions: tgar
ADVERTISEMENT