The ugly reality of gay male sexual culture

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Compulsive promiscuity and deviance are features, not bugs.

Disease is an inevitable byproduct: AIDS...gonorrhea...syphilis...hepatitis...now monkeypox. The list goes on.

Linked below is the recent account of an indignant gay man who had sex with several men over the course of a recent Pride weekend in New York and is quite insulted to have to deal with the consequences in the form of monkeypox.

The second link is from Joseph Sciambra, a gay man who faced up to the living death sentence that his lifestyle was imposing on him and finally walked away from it but not before incurring severe physical and emotional damage that will likely last a lifetime.

This is the reality of the rainbow banner that our rulers bow down before and demand the same of the rest of us. We won't even talk about the accumulating human wreckage of their sick Transgender Cult, which is destroying the lives of countless children.

And the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite
I saw Satan laughing with delight
The day the music died.

The music has been stone cold dead for quite some time, but never mind. The real threat is Putin. Never forget that.

Meanwhile, an excerpt from a post by Sciambra:

>>I am constantly reminded of the excesses of my past. The bathroom has become a torture chamber. Basic biological functions are excruciating and painful. In my case, this is the last laugh resounding from the depths of hell.

In the gay world, the public restroom is oddly eroticized. In our youth, that public-private space was sometimes the setting for sadistic forms of persecution and harassment; when I was a kid, an older male student assaulted me in the boy’s restroom at my grammar-school. At a gay bar, a Castro disco, and even in a landmark movie-theater, the restrooms served as hook-up hubs, venues for voyeurism, and semi-secluded places to have name-less quick-sex.

When I first showed up in San Francisco, I regarded this practice as semi-disgusting. The propensity of certain bars to only have urinal troughs in their bathrooms was revolting. I swore I would never sink so low. In a few years, I would be sitting on the lid of a public toilet, my feet resting on the edges of the seat, waiting for any man to enter through the open door of the stall.

I suppose that chapter of my story could have had a different ending; I might have drifted out of the gay scene and settled down with one man; a Catholic priest advised me to do so. I could have died. But I didn’t. Now, I am frequently sick and discouraged. I suffer from the conditions that are oftentimes peculiar to gay men, but with none of the transitory benefits of sexual activity. I would like to think that I gave-up that part of myself, because I wanted to aspire towards something morally virtuous; in reality, I couldn’t go on anymore; my body had given-up.<<

rll1957

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003

Disease is an inevitable byproduct: AIDS...gonorrhea...syphilis...hepatitis...now monkeypox. The list goes on.

Linked below is the recent account of an indignant gay man who had sex with several men over the course of a recent Pride weekend in New York and is quite insulted to have to deal with the consequences in the form of monkeypox.

The second link is from Joseph Sciambra, a gay man who faced up to the living death sentence that his lifestyle was imposing on him and finally walked away from it but not before incurring severe physical and emotional damage that will likely last a lifetime.

This is the reality of the rainbow banner that our rulers bow down before and demand the same of the rest of us. We won't even talk about the accumulating human wreckage of their sick Transgender Cult, which is destroying the lives of countless children.

The day the music died.

The music has been stone cold dead for quite some time, but never mind. The real threat is Putin. Never forget that.

>>I am constantly reminded of the excesses of my past. The bathroom has become a torture chamber. Basic biological functions are excruciating and painful. In my case, this is the last laugh resounding from the depths of hell.

In the gay world, the public restroom is oddly eroticized. In our youth, that public-private space was sometimes the setting for sadistic forms of persecution and harassment; when I was a kid, an older male student assaulted me in the boy’s restroom at my grammar-school. At a gay bar, a Castro disco, and even in a landmark movie-theater, the restrooms served as hook-up hubs, venues for voyeurism, and semi-secluded places to have name-less quick-sex.

When I first showed up in San Francisco, I regarded this practice as semi-disgusting. The propensity of certain bars to only have urinal troughs in their bathrooms was revolting. I swore I would never sink so low. In a few years, I would be sitting on the lid of a public toilet, my feet resting on the edges of the seat, waiting for any man to enter through the open door of the stall.

I suppose that chapter of my story could have had a different ending; I might have drifted out of the gay scene and settled down with one man; a Catholic priest advised me to do so. I could have died. But I didn’t. Now, I am frequently sick and discouraged. I suffer from the conditions that are oftentimes peculiar to gay men, but with none of the transitory benefits of sexual activity. I would like to think that I gave-up that part of myself, because I wanted to aspire towards something morally virtuous; in reality, I couldn’t go on anymore; my body had given-up.<<

Becare you homophobic hater. You dare suggest there may be problems here. Like there may be problems in the Muslim culture the Hispanic culture the trans culture of the black culture everyone knows only straight white male culture is subhuman

Reactions: bourbon n blues

knickslions

Feb 2, 2005

The day the music died.

Homophobe strikes again. The major issue is practicing safe sex. Without the option for pregnancy the gay community tends to be more laxed. You always bring up aids. While again gay community suffered due to unsafe practices it was also highly present in iv drug users heterosexuals that engaged in unsafe sex.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Homophobe strikes again. The major issue is practicing safe sex. Without the option for pregnancy the gay community tends to be more laxed. You always bring up aids. While again gay community suffered due to unsafe practices it was also highly present in iv drug users heterosexuals that engaged in unsafe sex.

No. I am not agreeing with Steve's overall view here, but the AIDS epidemic was driven by gay sex.

The risks are considerably different and lower for hetero sex.

LdN

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
The level of promiscuous behavior is at a much higher level in the gay community and it was a direct cause of the spread.

It's not just that. It's the actual gay act which is more prone to disease.

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003

The day the music died.

Jerry needs football season to start.

• Haha
Reactions: ouirpsu and Jerry

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
You've lost your mind. The media pushed scare tactics for AIDS research saying that anyone could get it and our government followed suit spending countless dollars on a disease that was completely preventable. Monkeypox, just another disease in a long list of diseases brought to us by the sexually mentally ill.

knickslions

Feb 2, 2005
No. I am not agreeing with Steve's overall view here, but the AIDS epidemic was driven by gay sex.

The risks are considerably different and lower for hetero sex.

LdN
I don’t disagree that hiv was definitely much higher in gays. Rectum vrs vagina sex definitely was a big part area the rectum has been proven to be major player. Again safe sex also plays a key.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

knickslions

Feb 2, 2005
You've lost your mind. The media pushed scare tactics for AIDS research saying that anyone could get it and our government followed suit spending countless dollars on a disease that was completely preventable. Monkeypox, just another disease in a long list of diseases brought to us by the sexually mentally ill.
My mind is fine and yes anyone can get it. As for research there are plenty of good drugs that keep it from being a death sentence.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

The day the music died.

Just had to throw in the foolish comment about Putin.

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009

The day the music died.

You a closet fag? I think so.

Reactions: NJPSU

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Just had to throw in the foolish comment about Putin.

Spin, Putin is a boogeyman manufactured by Dem-Media to scare the children around the campfire and keep them distracted while their country is systematically destroyed from within.

In fact, I think that's what the Russia Hoax of the Trump years was all about. That's what the Ukraine train wreck is all about.

This is NOT to say that Putin is a good guy. It's just that the most pressing danger to me and my family is much closer to home than Moscow. I've been saying that for years now.

• Haha
Reactions: WeR0206 and IIVI

Jerry

May 29, 2001
You a closet fag? I think so.

Dear God. Vic, Vic, Vic. That line is so old. Your little Dem-Media friends have used it here repeatedly, and it doesn't get any less dumb or pathetic over time.

That aside, I love how you Dem-Mediacrats get to use forbidden slurs. Yeah, you love your little victim groups and will take care of them...as long as they never forget their place on the Dem-Media plantation.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Spin, Putin is a boogeyman manufactured by Dem-Media to scare the children around the campfire and keep them distracted while their country is systematically destroyed from within.

In fact, I think that's what the Russia Hoax of the Trump years was all about. That's what the Ukraine train wreck is all about.

This is NOT to say that Putin is a good guy. It's just that the most pressing danger to me and my family is much closer to home than Moscow. I've been saying that for years now.
While I may be a frightened little child listening to scary campfire stories that doesn’t mean the forest isn’t full of bears and wolfs and wild dogs. But even in my frightened state I remember reading about a time when the country was in a massive depression, fixated on itself, and ignored the wolf in the woods. Sometimes being distracted is being self centered and worried about your fixing your own house while the neighborhood around you gets taken over by drug gangs. Sometimes you just have to stand up and deal with both. .......You know what.......Make that all the time.

Yes we have serious issues here. I have been saying for ten years that the country is in serious risk of collapse by 2035, if not sooner. I have been laughed at, ridiculed, and scorned. But now people are saying we may not make 2028. Yet I am not so blind that I cannot see foreign dangers when they exist.

And talk about being distracted......Putin lists some of the problems we face within to distract us from his evil and you willingly comply. He is master of smoke and mirrors and playing a global shell game and you just nod your head.

People laughed at Germany as a broken shadow of its former self.......just like Russia. It was led by a madman consumed at restoring its old glory......just like Russia. Said it posed no threat and turned its head while he seized neighbors and built up more power.....just like Russia. Germany aligned itself with a couple other rogue states of Italy and Japan.....just like Russia. Hitler sensed weakness and pounced many times.....just like Putin.

Putin is a very dangerous man. He senses weakness and pounces at every opportunity. And as we weaken, he grows stronger. Putinstan is a top three global energy supplier with Europe addicted to his energy. All he has to do is shut it off this winter and Europe will collapse. He has been supplying Iran with large amounts of weapon systems for decades, allowing them to be on the cusp of becoming nuclear power. Made arrangements with China. He kept Assad in power in Syria and expanded his military there. He continues to support Cuba and Venezuela in our own hemisphere and has had warships dock there while supplying them with weapons. He has invaded his neighbors a half dozen times. Murdered opponents on the streets of London and who knows where else. He has interfered in US politics, giving financial aid to radical elements within our borders.

You go ahead and be frightened by culture shock and the enemy within. Take on that battle and I wish you well. Meanwhile there are enough people that recognize the foreign dangers and are willing to stand up. Have a little faith that the country can handle both enemies within and abroad. If we cannot......it’s over.

Last edited:

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
While I may be a frightened little child listening to scary campfire stories that doesn’t mean the forest isn’t full of bears and wolfs and wild dogs. But even in my frightened state I remember reading about a time when the country was in a massive depression, fixated on itself, and ignored the wolf in the woods. Sometimes being distracted is being self centered and worried about your fixing your own house while the neighborhood around you gets taken over by drug gangs. Sometimes you just have to stand up and deal with both. .......You know what.......Make that all the time.

Yes we have serious issues here. I have been saying for ten years that the country is in serious risk of collapse by 2035, if not sooner. I have been laughed at, ridiculed, and scorned. But now people are saying we may not make 2028. Yet I am not so blind that I cannot see foreign dangers when they exist.

And talk about being distracted......Putin lists some of the problems we face within to distract us from his evil and you willingly comply. He is master of smoke and mirrors and playing a global shell game and you just nod your head.

People laughed at Germany as a broken shadow of its former self.......just like Russia. It was led by a madman consumed at restoring its old glory......just like Russia. Said it posed no threat and turned its head while he seized neighbors and built up more power.....just like Russia. Germany aligned itself with a couple other rogue states of Italy and Japan.....just like Russia. Hitler sensed weakness and pounced many times.....just like Putin.

Putin is a very dangerous man. He senses weakness and pounces at every opportunity. And as we weaken, he grows stronger. Putinstan is a top three global energy supplier with Europe addicted to his energy. All he has to do is shut it off this winter and Europe will collapse. He has been supplying Iran with large amounts of weapon systems for decades, allowing them to be on the cusp of becoming nuclear power. Made arrangements with China. He kept Assad in power in Syria and expanded his military there. He continues to support Cuba and Venezuela in our own hemisphere and has had warships dock there while supplying them with weapons. He has invaded his neighbors a half dozen times. Murdered opponents on the streets of London and who knows where else. He has interfered in US politics, giving financial aid to radical elements within our borders.

You go ahead and be frightened by culture shock and the enemy within. Take on that battle and I wish you well. Meanwhile there are enough people that recognize the foreign dangers and are willing to stand up. Have a little faith thatbthe country can handle both enemies within and abroad. If we cannot......it’s over.
What exactly does a collapse by 2028 look like in your world?

palmettolion

May 22, 2014
That aside, I love how you Dem-Mediacrats get to use forbidden slurs. Yeah, you love your little victim groups and will take care of them...as long as they never forget their place on the Dem-Media plantation.

There's another here that does the same thing. Makes posts pretending to care about gay people then will turn around and use their sexuality to insult and belittle others. Pretty clear that he views gay people as less than others.
If you bring it up you get the stereotypical "I've done more for the gay community than anyone you know" line. Apparently this means he has a free pass to degrade marginalized groups because he's a liberal, which also makes him a victim of.....something.

Last edited:

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
There's another here that does the same thing. Makes posts pretending to care about gay people then will turn around and use their sexuality to insult and belittle others. Pretty clear that he views gay people as less than others.
If you bring it up you get the stereotypical "I've done more for the gay community than anyone you know" line. Apparently this means he has a free pass to degrade marginalized groups because he's a liberal, which also makes him a victim of.....something.
There's more than one. They're nothing but bigots.

Reactions: palmettolion

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
Nailed it. This is the Left's go to ploy. Virtue signal and make a show of having the right feelz. Empty gestures. .

I just saw a satirical post on another site that said: The Left's definition of true COURAGE is to fly a Ukrainian flag, a BLM flag and a rainbow flag in front of their homes.

That about says it all.

Last edited:

Jerry

May 29, 2001

Exactly.

I don't even call those guys libs anymore since that brand of politics and the ideology associated with it has mutated into something so twisted and rotten that it no longer resembles the garden-variety "liberalism" of the past.

The new tribe of Wokeists and Dem-Mediacrats feel that their moral superiority gives them the right to exempt themselves from the rules and taboos that they impose on the other lesser beings around them. In other words, they're allowed to be racist, sexist, homophobic...the whole nine yards...because it's for a good cause -- in their sick minds.

Regarding gay males, the point of the OP is not to demonize them. I feel nothing but compassion for these people who are in the grip of self-destructive behavioral patterns arising from a sexual orientation that for the most part they did not consciously choose. I wish no ill on them.

The problem is, in the upside-down New Moral Order of our time, tolerance and compassion are not enough. We must bow before the rainbow and celebrate those marching under its banner. The reality of the road they're on is ugly...and often deadly...but we're not supposed to notice or comment on that.

We live in a world where those who rule over us, those with power and wealth and privilege, believe they can dispense with the age-old moral code in favor of an invented "reality" they can impose by force of law or threats or penalties or ridicule...whatever coercive tools are at hand.

However, to paraphrase our last great President: Reality is a stubborn thing. You can pretend it doesn't exist, wish it away for awhile, attempt to substitute for it with more convenient and profitable versions. But in the end, actual Reality -- not the invented quotation-marks variety -- shows up at the front door to collect the bill...and doesn't depart the premises until it's paid in full.

ram2020

Jul 29, 2013
Exactly.

I don't even call those guys libs anymore since that brand of politics and the ideology associated with it has mutated into something so twisted and rotten that it no longer resembles the garden-variety "liberalism" of the past.

The new tribe of Wokeists and Dem-Mediacrats feel that their moral superiority gives them the right to exempt themselves from the rules and taboos that they impose on the other lesser beings around them. In other words, they're allowed to be racist, sexist, homophobic...the whole nine yards...because it's for a good cause -- in their sick minds.

Regarding gay males, the point of the OP is not to demonize them. I feel nothing but compassion for these people who are in the grip of self-destructive behavioral patterns arising from a sexual orientation that for the most part they did not consciously choose. I wish no ill on them.

The problem is, in the upside-down New Moral Order of our time, tolerance and compassion are not enough. We must bow before the rainbow and celebrate those marching under its banner. The reality of the road they're on is ugly...and often deadly...but we're not supposed to notice or comment on that.

We live in a world where those who rule over us, those with power and wealth and privilege, believe they can dispense with the age-old moral code in favor of an invented "reality" they can impose by force of law or threats or penalties or ridicule...whatever coercive tools are at hand.

However, to paraphrase our last great President: Reality is a stubborn thing. You can pretend it doesn't exist, wish it away for awhile, attempt to substitute for it with more convenient and profitable versions. But in the end, actual Reality -- not the invented quotation-marks variety -- shows up at the front door to collect the bill...and doesn't depart the premises until it's paid in full.
Wonderful summary.

In this brave new world, the Noble ends justify the ugly means.

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007
Personally, I could care less about his sexual orientation. I care more that he preaches avoidance of risk-prone behavior during a pandemic as a “public health expert”- then blames “the system” when he gets sick after taking part in the very behavior he claims to abhor. It’s classic liberal hypocrisy. Never take responsibility for one’s actions- “if there was only more funding via higher taxes, my promiscuous gay sex would be easier”…. yawn.

Jerry

May 29, 2001

You go ahead and be frightened by culture shock and the enemy within. Take on that battle and I wish you well. Meanwhile there are enough people that recognize the foreign dangers and are willing to stand up. Have a little faith that the country can handle both enemies within and abroad. If we cannot......it’s over.

Your first paragraph brings to mind the famous Bear-in-the-Woods commercial from Reagan's 1984 presidential campaign...one of the most effective political ads of all time.

Believe me, I'm not laughing at your 2028-2035 timeframe. In fact, at the rate we're going, I'm not sure we make it that far even.

Back to Putin, I'm just not buying the Hitler analogy. This isn't 1939 when the existential enemy was the godless corrupt ideology of a Nazi superpower...or 1979 when the existential enemy was the godless corrupt ideology of a Communist superpower.

Try to put your biases aside and look hard at the reality of the world today. Today. Not 1939 or 1979 or 2009. In what capital does the godless corrupt ideology of a superpower reside? Today.

Personally, I think the answer is the capital whose government: demands that we bow down before the rainbow; attempts to cancel fundamental rights on which its constitution is based; opens its borders to a flood of illegal foreigners in a project to replace disfavored portions of its own nation's population; defunds its own police to let criminals run wild; punishes the innocent while protecting the guilty...shall I go on?

Here's the thing, Spin: You want to take back Ukraine. I want to take back my own country. And I consider the Ukraine train wreck to be a huge, unnecessary, and possibly fatal distraction from that task.

• Haha
Reactions: WeR0206 and IIVI

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
Exactly.

Leftist "truth": Gays, being a Leftist "protected class", CANNOT be criticized , individually or as a group. Period. Otherwise you are a bigot homophobe who deserves to die a slow and tortuous death.

As you said, it isn't enough to recognize and accept that they have attractions and sexual practices that make non-homos a bit queasy. No, that's not anywhere near enough for the Lefties.

You have to LOVE to see marchers in gay pride parades marching down the street wearing nothing but sequined jock straps and feather head dresses. You have to turn your children over to schools who preach the glories of same sex marriages (even if it's not what you as a parent want your child to have to deal with at a tender age) and demand books graphicly illustrating that group's sex acts in the schools' libraries. You have to grant them protected status against "hate crimes" and cancel anyone who ask why the laws that protect us all are not good enough to protect them. You have to give them MORE, MORE, MORE, because you owe them this status....for some reason.

So, the issue is settled, no one can raise the fact that homos practicing non-stop serial fudge crunching spread certain sexually transmitted diseases that eventually cross over to the hetero population via bi-sexuals, etc. Not permitted. Don't even think about mentioning it ....or thinking it....

Yeah, you better not disagree with any of this because YOU will be singled out and punished if you just show tolerance but fail to go beyond that and publicly support and defend gays being given all sorts of special treatment. It's akin to only white people can be racists and Blacks are never to blame when they have violent encounters with cops. You can't just go along with this kind of idiocy, you have to repeatedly profess to BELIEVE it in a public manner or look out......

I don't like my hetero friends and relatives to flaunt their sexual practices (however normal or weird) to me openly and I certainly don't hear any of these people demanding special status in society because of their bedroom practices. Why should homos get away with demanding more that anyone else? Do whatever you do in bed and then come into the greater society and conform to the rules everyone else must follow (except other Leftie "protected" people, of course) Fvck them. And I don't mean that in the same way that Dr. Steve and Paoli and Laughing Bare and NJ might mean it.....you know, literally.

Last edited:

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Leftist "truth": Gays, being a Leftist "protected class", CANNOT be criticized , individually or as a group. Period. Otherwise you are a bigot homophobe who deserves to die a slow and tortuous death.

As you said, it isn't enough to recognize and accept that they have attractions and sexual practices that make non-homos a bit queasy. No, that's not anywhere near enough for the Lefties.

You have to LOVE to see marchers in gay pride parades marching down the street wearing nothing but sequined jock straps and feather head dresses. You have to turn your children over to schools who preach the glories of same sex marriages (even if it's not what you as a parent want your child to have to deal with at a tender age) and demand books graphicly illustrating that group's sex acts in the schools' libraries. You have to grant them protected status against "hate crimes" and cancel anyone who ask why the laws that protect us all are not good enough to protect them. You have to give them MORE, MORE, MORE, because you owe them this status....for some reason.

So, the issue is settled, no one can raise the fact that homos practicing non-stop serial fudge crunching spreads certain communicable diseases that eventually cross over to the hetero population via bi-sexuals, etc. Not permitted. Don't even think about mentioning it ....or thinking it....

Yeah, you better not disagree with any of this because YOU will be singled out and punished if you just show tolerance but fail to go beyond that and publicly support and defend gays being given all sorts of special treatment. It's akin to only white people can be racists and Blacks are never to blame when they have violent encounters with cops. You can't just go along with this kind of idiocy, you have to repeatedly profess to BELIEVE it in a public manner or look out......

I don't like my hetero friends and relatives to flaunt their sexual practices (however normal or weird) to me openly and I certainly don't hear any of these people demanding special status in society because of their bedroom practices. Why should homos get away with demanding more that anyone else? Do whatever you do in bed and then come into the greater society and conform to the rules everyone else must follow (except other Leftie "protected" people, of course) Fvck them. And I don't mean that in the same way that Dr. Steve and Paoli and Laughing Bare and NJ might mean it.....you know, literally.

Very well said indeed.

The other side does its trademark obtuse deflection act on this issue. They have a very broad definition of homophobia, and it includes anyone who doesn't genuflect before the rainbow and join the celebration of behavior that according to the traditional Judeo-Christian code is considered disordered and destructive.

Meanwhile, some of the rest of us ask a simple and obvious question: how bizarre and screwy is it that any sexual orientation be celebrated and glorified? What is the need for that? The answer is of course clear: it is necessary for the purpose of promoting a central doctrine of the Wokeist pseudo-religion.

OK, that aside, I note that the mysterious laughing boy, IIVI, has given me a score of 5 laughs in this thread alone. I think that may be a one-thread record for him and me. A high honor indeed. To paraphrase the old lawyer's adage: if the facts are on your side, argue the facts; if the law is on your side, argue the law; and if neither is on your side: giggle nervously.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Your first paragraph brings to mind the famous Bear-in-the-Woods commercial from Reagan's 1984 presidential campaign...one of the most effective political ads of all time.

Believe me, I'm not laughing at your 2028-2035 timeframe. In fact, at the rate we're going, I'm not sure we make it that far even.

Back to Putin, I'm just not buying the Hitler analogy. This isn't 1939 when the existential enemy was the godless corrupt ideology of a Nazi superpower...or 1979 when the existential enemy was the godless corrupt ideology of a Communist superpower.

Try to put your biases aside and look hard at the reality of the world today. Today. Not 1939 or 1979 or 2009. In what capital does the godless corrupt ideology of a superpower reside? Today.

Personally, I think the answer is the capital whose government: demands that we bow down before the rainbow; attempts to cancel fundamental rights on which its constitution is based; opens its borders to a flood of illegal foreigners in a project to replace disfavored portions of its own nation's population; defunds its own police to let criminals run wild; punishes the innocent while protecting the guilty...shall I go on?

Here's the thing, Spin: You want to take back Ukraine. I want to take back my own country. And I consider the Ukraine train wreck to be a huge, unnecessary, and possibly fatal distraction from that task.
Again. We have to do both. Failing on either one and we fail.

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Anyone who wants a comprehensive account of the HIV epidemic should read Randy Shilts’ “And the Band Played On”. He’s a gay man but doesn’t shy away from recounting how the mind-blowing promiscuity of his cohort caused the disease to explode. Dianne Feinstein almost deep-sixed her political career when, as mayor of SF, she had the “temerity” to suggest temporarily closing down the bath houses - which pretty clearly seemed to be the biggest vectors for the disease.
The CDC, while trying to get a handle on the spread, started to interview men who were HIV+. They had to soon massively increase the number of sexual partners considered for certain baseline categories for promiscuity - by a factor of 10+. The researchers almost couldn’t fathom men admitting to hundreds of different sex partners - in a year! Great book

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Anyone who wants a comprehensive account of the HIV epidemic should read Randy Shilts’ “And the Band Played On”. He’s a gay man but doesn’t shy away from recounting how the mind-blowing promiscuity of his cohort caused the disease to explode. Dianne Feinstein almost deep-sixed her political career when, as mayor of SF, she had the “temerity” to suggest temporarily closing down the bath houses - which pretty clearly seemed to be the biggest vectors for the disease.
The CDC, while trying to get a handle on the spread, started to interview men who were HIV+. They had to soon massively increase the number of sexual partners considered for certain baseline categories for promiscuity - by a factor of 10+. The researchers almost couldn’t fathom men admitting to hundreds of different sex partners - in a year! Great book
AIDS was also very prevalent across Africa with the heterosexual population, including women. The media and the medical field used that to say it just wasn’t a gay man’s disease and the threat was to everyone. But what they never disclosed was the reason it was so prevalent there.....AIDS is spread mainly through anal sex via the passage of blood and Africans were really into anal sex, even the heterosexual people.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

maypole

May 9, 2022
Very well said indeed.

The other side does its trademark obtuse deflection act on this issue. They have a very broad definition of homophobia, and it includes anyone who doesn't genuflect before the rainbow and join the celebration of behavior that according to the traditional Judeo-Christian code is considered disordered and destructive.

Meanwhile, some of the rest of us ask a simple and obvious question: how bizarre and screwy is it that any sexual orientation be celebrated and glorified? What is the need for that? The answer is of course clear: it is necessary for the purpose of promoting a central doctrine of the Wokeist pseudo-religion.

OK, that aside, I note that the mysterious laughing boy, IIVI, has given me a score of 5 laughs in this thread alone. I think that may be a one-thread record for him and me. A high honor indeed. To paraphrase the old lawyer's adage: if the facts are on your side, argue the facts; if the law is on your side, argue the law; and if neither is on your side: giggle nervously.
Homosexuality is celebrated and glorified? You should burn some homosexuals at the stake. Youre not a Christian, you’re a bigoted little puritan.