The Sweeping Historic Changes of the Obama Presidency

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Historically bad.

Obamacare: More debt, higher cost
Student loans: Record debt for graduates
Energy: Talked about peak oil and spent a fortune on failed renewable initiatives.

All of these programs have been loses NJ.

The Country is light years better off now than it was during the Bush collapse. There is no denying that.

Obamacare has saved thousands of lives. Oil prices at record lows. Six year Bull Market. Killed Bin Laden. Kept us safe. Ended don't ask don't tell. Executive action on gun control and immigration. Drastically lowered the unemployment rate. Set the record for consecutive months of private sector job growth. Nominated progressive Hispanic female to the Supreme Court. Continued to fund Planned Parenthood. Provided Federal funding for stem cell research.

That's just off the top of my head. The list of accomplishments is endless.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
The Country is light years better off now than it was during the Bush collapse. There is no denying that.

Obamacare has saved thousands of lives. Oil prices at record lows. Six year Bull Market. Killed Bin Laden. Kept us safe. Ended don't ask don't tell. Executive action on gun control and immigration. Drastically lowered the unemployment rate. Set the record for consecutive months of private sector job growth. Nominated progressive Hispanic female to the Supreme Court. Continued to fund Planned Parenthood. Provided Federal funding for stem cell research.

That's just off the top of my head. The list of accomplishments is endless.

I really struggle to understand the lemming mentality. Do you guys have a hard and fast rule against using your brain for rational thinking?
  1. You have zero evidence that Obamacare is saving thousands of lives.
  2. Oil prices are low for two reasons, a bad economy and new private sector technology that has been able to overcome Obama's regulations.
  3. The bull market was due to measuring from a low (temporary) bottom and unprecedented stimulus from the federal reserve. One little blip in short term rates and the market is down 10%.
  4. Allowing people to come and stay in this country illegally is an accomplishment?
  5. 40 year low in percentage of working aged Americans with jobs is a good thing? Near record numbers on SS disability and food stamps is a good thing? Lower median family incomes is a good thing?
  6. Record debt is a good thing? SS & Medicare going bankrupt are good things? Executive actions instead of working with congress are good things?
Proof of what a lemming you are:

Reactions: royboy

gjbankos

Jan 16, 2006
I really struggle to understand the lemming mentality. Do you guys have a hard and fast rule against using your brain for rational thinking?
  1. You have zero evidence that Obamacare is saving thousands of lives.
  2. Oil prices are low for two reasons, a bad economy and new private sector technology that has been able to overcome Obama's regulations.
  3. The bull market was due to measuring from a low (temporary) bottom and unprecedented stimulus from the federal reserve. One little blip in short term rates and the market is down 10%.
  4. Allowing people to come and stay in this country illegally is an accomplishment?
  5. 40 year low in percentage of working aged Americans with jobs is a good thing? Near record numbers on SS disability and food stamps is a good thing? Lower median family incomes is a good thing?
  6. Record debt is a good thing? SS & Medicare going bankrupt are good things? Executive actions instead of working with congress are good things?
Proof of what a lemming you are:

Why do you bother? NJPSU is perfectly happy being the board idiot and that will never change.

Reactions: m.knox

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Wingnut logic:

Great Success Under Clinton - Coincidence

Disaster Under Bush - Coincidence

Great Success Under Obama - Another Coincidence

Do you guys ever wonder why you are always on the wrong side of history?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Wingnut logic:

Great Success Under Clinton - Coincidence

Disaster Under Bush - Coincidence

Great Success Under Obama - Another Coincidence

Do you guys ever wonder why you are always on the wrong side of history?

As I recall:

Clinton vowed to end welfare as we know it. He also openly talked about the end of big government.

Bush inherited a mess from Clinton. He took office amid a developing terrorist plot that would soon become the worst attack on American soil in history, an economy rocked by severe recession following the unsustainable tech bubble, a stock market on the verge of collapse and a military weakened by eight years of neglect.

Obama has done a pretty good job as long as you measure success according to how many people you can put the government assistance. Not so much if you measure success according to fiscal management, a world at peace, family incomes.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
As I recall:

Clinton vowed to end welfare as we know it. He also openly talked about the end of big government.

Bush inherited a mess from Clinton. He took office amid a developing terrorist plot that would soon become the worst attack on American soil in history, an economy rocked by severe recession following the unsustainable tech bubble, a stock market on the verge of collapse and a military weakened by eight years of neglect.

Obama has done a pretty good job as long as you measure success according to how many people you can put the government assistance. Not so much if you measure success according to fiscal management, a world at peace, family incomes.

Like I said, you think it's all a coincidence.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Like I said, you think it's all a coincidence.

It's no coincidence that our debt has doubled, family incomes are lower, international security is a mess, and that only 26% think the country is on the wrong track.

Lemming!

indynittany

Feb 21, 2005
Shouldn't you be out working for Sandusky's release.

If Sandusky were to receive a new, fair trial. I would be happy. If he was also found not guilty, I would be even happier. Why wouldn't you? Furthermore, you seem to be invested in the narrative that JS sexually abused young boys. If, in fact, that is not the case, wouldn't that be fantastic news? Not just for JS, but for those boys?

Osprey Lion

Dec 16, 2011
Osprey, Florida
If Sandusky were to receive a new, fair trial. I would be happy. If he was also found not guilty, I would be even happier. Why wouldn't you? Furthermore, you seem to be invested in the narrative that JS sexually abused young boys. If, in fact, that is not the case, wouldn't that be fantastic news? Not just for JS, but for those boys?

OJ Simpson was found not guilty of killing his wife Nicole and Ronald Goldman. I don't think that would have been fantastic news to them if they had been able to hear it.
You are a nut and fit nicely into the GOP's base.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I have to laugh as I see NJ continues to reference the "Bush collapse". CDW3333, who is another extreme liberal, but a bit more intelligent than NJPSU, had no answer to the question of whether or not the collapse (meltdown in his words) would have happened if the government didn't elect to purchase mortgages from private banks so the banks could lend more....

NJ will not answer either because the answer is obvious.

This my friends, is life inside the bubble, and it is amusing. Thank goodness for the board jester.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I never thought I'd see the day when someone would praise a post from the buttsniffer.
Then I saw it was you and understood.

LOL - Bankos is correct. NJPSU is indeed perfectly happy being the board idiot....

Now if you want a real buttsniffer, wait until the coolestfish comes right up behind you......