ADVERTISEMENT

The Rutgers Experience…

creamery

Jul 28, 2009
Anyone who went to the game yesterday able to comment on your experience there?

How is parking? SHI stadium - Is it a good place to watch a game? What percentage of the crowd was PSU? The PSU crowd sounded great on TV!!!

Reactions: NedFromYork
Went to the game yesterday. Scored 50 yard line tix on StubHub on Monday for $40 each, $54 after fees. Took NJ Transit from Hamilton to New Brunswick. After getting off the train there were free shuttle buses to the Stadium. Drop off was across River road from SHI.

We had no tailgate to hit up, but they had a “Boardwalk” which had food trucks, games, and a few rides outside the stadium. We also found the Miller Lite beer tent which actually had beer and wine at very reasonable prices. $5 for a 16 oz beer.

My buddy and I dressed incognito expecting the Sandusky smack talk which seems to follow Penn State fans at away games. I had heard some of it at the Auburn game earlier this year. But there was none. I have to admit the worst behavior I saw all day was from the PS fans sitting a couple rows in front of us talking smack to the RU fans sitting around them. Really? As the game was getting out of hand they were really giving it to the RU fans who were leaving. C’mon, act like you’ve been there before. I would say that the mass exodus of RU fans began at halftime. Student section was about 30% capacity as the 3rd Q started. My best guesstimate is that the crowd was 2/3 Rutgers fans to 1/3 PSU. The train ride was mostly PSU, at least it seemed to me.

The Stadium LED light show was pretty cool. The way they used it with the band at halftime was neat.

We left with about 5 minutes left, headed for the shuttle bus, and back to the train station. Missed a train by 5 minutes so we had to wait another 40 minutes for the next one. That was probably the worst part of the day. I did find a nearby bar for a quick beverage to help pass the time.

I live in Delco and I figure travel time was half what I usually take to get to state college. I will not hesitate to go back. It was a quick easy trip.

ADVERTISEMENT