ADVERTISEMENT

The rats are warming up in iowa

What???? Franklin is a Coach who couldn't be bothered to check a weather forecast at any time in the 120 hours previous to our 2017 game at Michigan State.

Franklin has some strengths as a Coach, but "attention to detail" is not one of them.

You've repeated this same thing for 4 years. Why is it at all reasonable to think a coach should be able to predict a 3.5 hour delay? What weather forecast, let alone one 120 hours in advance, would predict weather that would mandate such a delay? You've repeated this so often I'm sure you think it's true. But it's really pretty silly.

Nope. I'm not about to judge a young athlete based on about a half game and being thrown into a crisis situation.
But you can do what you wish. I'll give him a full game before I'd start to trash him and even then I wouldn't.
The Texas A&M qb that helped beat Alabama was a backup who had a terrible game the week before and played great the next week. We never know. They won big today also.

Iowa's Kirk Ferentz yells at a referee after a touchdown was called back due to an ineligible receiver in the 2nd quarter, of the Alamo Bowl Saturday December 30, 2006 in San Antonio, Texas.
MATTHEW HOLST/IOWA CITY PRESS-CITIZEN
Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz talks with Mike Klinkenborg (40) on the way to the team portrait following the University of Iowa Football Media Day Monday, August 6,  2007, in Iowa City, Iowa.

Email

Twitter

Facebook

Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz talks with Mike Klinkenborg (40) on the way to the team portrait following the University of Iowa Football Media Day Monday, August 6, 2007, in Iowa City, Iowa.
MATTHEW HOLST/IOWA CITY PRESS-CITIZEN

The Texas A&M qb that helped beat Alabama was a backup who had a terrible game the week before and played great the next week. We never know. They won big today also.
Agreed. I read all the posts from the experts here who claimed that Levis would have been better than Cliff....but he didn't get the snaps with the first team in practice......Fanatics won't give anyone half a break. Mickey Mantle got sent back to AAA in his rookie season. Patience is a virtue. No coach is going to judge a QB on an emergency gig. If Cliff can't play, we get to see what Roberson can do. I wish him well. We have some real "loyal" fans here.

So a good friend of mine went to Iowa and now lives there. He has been a Hawkeye die hard ever since he started college there back in 96. He is a season ticket holder and after the loss last week he called me Sunday and rubbed it in , all in good fun, but then stated that if Clifford stays healthy and the defense wasn't gassed because of the decline in offensive plays that they lose that game, in his words by 3 scores. I just got a text from him saying congrats on beating us. He said Penn State definitely exposed us last week and Ferentz spent so much time with the stupid injury argument that he obviously was not focusing on Purdue. He said this loss was 100% Penn States fault.

You've repeated this same thing for 4 years. Why is it at all reasonable to think a coach should be able to predict a 3.5 hour delay? What weather forecast, let alone one 120 hours in advance, would predict weather that would mandate such a delay? You've repeated this so often I'm sure you think it's true. But it's really pretty silly.

If we won that MSU game in 2017, we might have been the #4 seed in the playoff.

But we didn't --- and the blame is on Franklin. It's a valid criticism of a coach who likes to talk about being "elite."

So a good friend of mine went to Iowa and now lives there. He has been a Hawkeye die hard ever since he started college there back in 96. He is a season ticket holder and after the loss last week he called me Sunday and rubbed it in , all in good fun, but then stated that if Clifford stays healthy and the defense wasn't gassed because of the decline in offensive plays that they lose that game, in his words by 3 scores. I just got a text from him saying congrats on beating us. He said Penn State definitely exposed us last week and Ferentz spent so much time with the stupid injury argument that he obviously was not focusing on Purdue. He said this loss was 100% Penn States fault.

Huh…. Never knew there were smart Iowa fans….

Reactions: BobPSU92
So we are in their heads?
Nice. Plenty of empty space in there.

Last edited:

But we didn't --- and the blame is on Franklin. It's a valid criticism of a coach who likes to talk about being "elite."

You could have saved a bunch of typing and just said, "you're right; it's silly."

Reactions: Mickey Swartz
You could have saved a bunch of typing and just said, "you're right; it's silly."

I attended that PSU @ MSU game ...... I flew in for the weekend from Colorado.

I knew that rain and thunderstorms were coming. I brought my raincoat. How is it that I would know the weather and prepared but Franklin didn't?

You mean the game where an All Big Ten corner dropped a game clinching pick thrown right in his hands. Too bad Franklin wasn’t playing. Grow up.

I attended that PSU @ MSU game ...... I flew in for the weekend from Colorado.

I knew that rain and thunderstorms were coming. I brought my raincoat. How is it that I would know the weather and prepared but Franklin didn't?
but you always wear a raincoat.

Yep, makes perfect sense for fanboys to judge a qb based on one game.
He was a deer in headlights....Purdue had 3 qbs handle Iowa. This isn't Div3 or HS. He didn't have to play like an all American just a decent div 2 QB would have worked

Reactions: BW Lion
He was a deer in headlights....Purdue had 3 qbs handle Iowa. This isn't Div3 or HS. He didn't have to play like an all American just a decent div 2 QB would have worked
Yeah, get rid of him. he sucks

Throwing crap on the field, good for Purdue

rhttps://twitter.com/bryonhoulgrave/status/1449513551098437644?s=21

They made an entire thread on their board about me from today. I'm flattered.

• Love
Reactions: BW Lion
That IS ridiculous!

Reactions: marshall23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT