141 - none
149 - 1st (ZPain)
157 - 1st (Nolf)
165 - 1st (Cenzo)
174 - 1st (Hall)
184 - 1st (Nickal)
197 - 5th (Cutch)
285 - 4th (Nevills)

With Weigel having an upper body injury and hoping to make it back after New Years, I suspect Matt will go to 4. Hope Weigal doesn't have pec injury

Probably low unless Cassar can (1) remain healthy and (2) be better than Matt. I'm not sure there's any indication at this point that he is.
I believe the health part will be the biggest issue. The better part is the unknown. Just speculating though, why would Matt join the baseball team with hopes of his wrestling season not finishing until the end of March?

With Weigel having an upper body injury and hoping to make it back after New Years, I suspect Matt will go to 4. Hope Weigal doesn't have pec injury
OSU has had a bit of a problem with pectoral injuries in the heavier weights over the past decade. Hope it's not Weigel's problem.

I believe the health part will be the biggest issue. The better part is the unknown. Just speculating though, why would Matt join the baseball team with hopes of his wrestling season not finishing until the end of March?
Why did Spencer Myers play football his last year at Maryland?

Sometimes college students want the full college experience while it's still available.

Sometimes college students want the full college experience while it's still available.

Dave Heckard transferred to wrestle with us for his final season of athletic eligibility after a couple of years playing football nova. you lose it if you dont use it and Im pretty sure he loved his time in SC.

Going with his size and ability he probably thought it was very plausible he might have an opportunity to make it to the NFL.

Going with his size and ability he probably thought it was very plausible he might have an opportunity to make it to the NFL.
The Myers part was rhetorical. (BTW, you're partly right. Also, Edsell gave him a full scholarship, so his last year was free.)

The rest wasn't. There's no need to speculate on McCutcheon's sense of security. He has graduated and was admitted to med school. He didn't defer that in order to sit.

The Myers part was rhetorical. (BTW, you're partly right. Also, Edsell gave him a full scholarship, so his last year was free.)

The rest wasn't. There's no need to speculate on McCutcheon's sense of security. He has graduated and was admitted to med school. He didn't defer that in order to sit.
I think for myself I’m just speculating out of curiosity. Probably started at the end of last season when there was the article, whether it was rumor or facts of Matt going to chiropractor school. Next it was him being on the baseball roster. I could see an athlete who is ready to begin their future and forgo their senior year. For someone like Matt though who has been on the verge of AAing twice, why would he even want that option yet unless something else is happening in the room.

I think for myself I’m just speculating out of curiosity. Probably started at the end of last season when there was the article, whether it was rumor or facts of Matt going to chiropractor school. Next it was him being on the baseball roster. I could see an athlete who is ready to begin their future and forgo their senior year. For someone like Matt though who has been on the verge of AAing twice, why would he even want that option yet unless something else is happening in the room.
"Speculating out of curiosity"? Not sure what that even means.

There's not a wrestler more committed (there are plenty as committed) to his team-mates and coaches and the program than Cutch. No regrets is how I would qualify what he's doing, and this attitude is the crux, or basis, for his decisions. He's young and has the rest of his life for his career...yet only one year remaining for this particular dream (AA, another team championship, etc.).

Reactions: nitlion6
are available at THIS LINK.

a quick PSU focus:

125 - none
133 - 12th (Keener)
141 - none
149 - 1st (ZPain)
157 - 1st (Nolf)
165 - 1st (Cenzo)
174 - 1st (Hall)
184 - 1st (Nickal)
197 - 5th (Cutch)
285 - 4th (Nevills)
I think Nevills makes it to the finals this year. Been hearing great things !!!! Keener is looking outstanding too i am hearing. Bet he is top 5 ! What a HUGE difference our room makes....

I think Nevills makes it to the finals this year. Been hearing great things !!!! Keener is looking outstanding too i am hearing. Bet he is top 5 ! What a HUGE difference our room makes....

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT