ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL MCANDREW NEB - PSU GAME THREAD!

You mean the same backups that everyone has touted as being top recruits and part of top 10 recruiting classes? And were completely rested?

Yeah-try again.
It's kind of tough when we blitz just about everyone and don't get even close to the QB then expect the DB's to cover everyone. We need to work on the blitz.

Get bent. These kids have been playing all year and they should have played better in second half. They played like stuffs

Learn something before you post about it. Idiot.

Still in their first season playing college ball. I’ll bet you were super impressive at th age of 19. Perhaps you can tell us how you performed at that age on a national level.

On the one hand, great win and happy to have bragging rights in the household (wife is a Husker alum). OTOH, the poor start and worse finish today are nothing to be terribly happy about. This is a Nebraska team that only scored 21 on Minnesota last week while Minny scored 54. Don't really see Penn State as "top ten" material at this point. Kind of glad we are not in the B1G title game or CFP contention as I believe we fans would simply be disappointed. Just not sure what to think of our coaching staff - are they getting the most out of the talent they have or not using these guys correctly to get the most out of them?

On the one hand, great win and happy to have bragging rights in the household (wife is a Husker alum). OTOH, the poor start and worse finish today are nothing to be terribly happy about. This is a Nebraska team that only scored 21 on Minnesota last week while Minny scored 54. Don't really see Penn State as "top ten" material at this point. Kind of glad we are not in the B1G title game or CFP contention as I believe we fans would simply be disappointed. Just not sure what to think of our coaching staff - are they getting the most out of the talent they have or not using these guys correctly to get the most out of them?
55-24....the score of a game Ohio State lost. Are they top 10 material? We won and we were never in danger of losing the game. We could have scored 70+ if we kept our starters in. Take a step back and think about what you're posting.

Reactions: Greg80
It wasn't so much the players we had on the fields, it was more to do with the "bearded idiot" showing BLITZ early and allowing Nebby to throw deep.

Mind boggling.

Yep and we have A completely different crop of DE’s rushing the QB.
Yep. Hopefully Buchholz & Brown are back healthy. Unfortunately we could be weak at DT and MLB (w/o Cothren, Cothran, Chavis, Cabinda, & Smith).

55-24....the score of a game Ohio State lost. Are they top 10 material? We won and we were never in danger of losing the game. We could have scored 70+ if we kept our starters in. Take a step back and think about what you're posting.
By an Iowa team that only scored 15 on Prudue today..
OSUs starting defense must be worse than our 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I used to defend this board when the 247 board talked crap about how the BWI board is petty... reading this thread has all but guaranteed I’ll never defend the BWI boards again...

...... you people and your culture problem.....

Nebraska 34.....Penn State 14.

One can spin it any way you want, simply one of the worst second halfs ever played in Beaver Stadium.

But: 1-0 this week.

Reactions: psu00
Very few actually.
Both freshman corners will be playing next year. If they arent starting they are the starting nickel back or playing at least 50 percent of the defensive snaps. The safeties are going to be fight for starting spots as well.

If one of our starters would have tweaked an ankle or knee in the 4th quarter , what then?

We could have scored 70+ if we kept our starters in. Take a step back and think about what you're posting.

I watched the game all the way thru. Even keeping our starters in we would not have scored 70+. PSU starters were in for the 3rd and the first part of the 4th and scored 2 TDs - that was all. In fact, the starters didn't score in the 3rd quarter.

I watched the game all the way thru. Even keeping our starters in we would not have scored 70+. PSU starters were in for the 3rd and the first part of the 4th and scored 2 TDs - that was all. In fact, the starters didn't score in the 3rd quarter.
Barkley had three carries in the second half....do you think that would have been the case if we wanted to score 70? The game plan changes when a team is up 42-10. And Barkley and McSorley were not in during the fourth at all.

ADVERTISEMENT