ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL "Final Goodbye to BWI" Thread

republion

Mar 24, 2009
I don't know what gives me the right to create such an "official" thread, but what gives any of us the right to do anything? So here it goes... a thread to get in your last goodbye before heading over to On3 (or not).

This board has been the only message board I've ever partaken in (consistently). I've not only enjoyed the Penn State talk, but have mostly loved the OT threads and conversations. Over my 15 years here (+/- a few years, but who's counting), I've always considered myself much younger than many of the "old timers" on this board, which made me feel like I was picking the brains of sage individuals. I feel like I've gained a wealth of knowledge from all the McAndrew board posters. Who cares if y'all are actually basement dwelling tools who still live with your elderly parents? ;) It really doesn't matter. It was a joy to be here and get to know so many of you. Some of you I've actually even met in person, most of you I've not. I wonder how many times, if ever, I've met someone from this board without either of us knowing we were members of this community? Funny to think about. Anywho, thanks for the good times and memories. It was a pleasure.

Signed, republion

a034c5c4bfa1639a41c2eaf1481fb33c--nittany-lion-state-university.jpg

Last edited:
I haven’t really followed this since it came out that this site was shutting down. Do I really have to pay to be on that site? Or is there a free board separate from the pay board?

I'm looking forward to more good discussions on the On3 board. Mostly, I have just lurked here as it seems whenever I post, someone jumps all over me. I hope there is no Test/Politics board on the new site - I only ever made the mistake of posting there once. Generally, I try to be civil in my discourse - I think a good approach is to only post what you would be comfortable saying to someone's face.

Now let's shut this thing down in style by shocking the world and taking down the Buckeyes!

All the handles have been taken by trolls. We've all been canceled. Rock on.

Were board names really stolen or was there some attempt to mass-migrate existing members such that they were somehow reserved?

When somebody called PearlSUJam can't get their name back (noticed in another thread) you know something's up. I imagine it will be a shiz show for awhile, but this is the business we've chosen.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Were board names really stolen or was there some attempt to mass-migrate existing members such that they were somehow reserved?
In my mind, is definitely stolen because some people were able to retain their names. What irks me a bit is that whoever stole my handle has to be known to the new board. If they wished, they could get rid of the frauds who stole the handles.

I tried to do exactly that but it says I have insufficient privileges. I even switched my handle to psu31trap.
When I used my handle for the Penn State site to try to log on to the Ohio State site, they said I had to pay. That is not the way it worked on the Rivals site.

Reactions: psu00
When I used my handle for the Penn State site to try to log on to the Ohio State site, they said I had to pay. That is not the way it worked on the Rivals site.
I was able to read everything on Letterman Lounge and a few other boards after I signed in, just couldn't post anything. I'm thinking the PSU site is the only one with a free board

Reactions: dailybuck777
I was able to read everything on Letterman Lounge and a few other boards after I signed in, just couldn't post anything. I'm thinking the PSU site is the only one with a free board
Hope they don't ruin Letterman Row. That used to be a real good site, and in particular former linebacker Zach Boren was really good.

Reactions: wolve1972
Someone stole mine. If you see Dailybuck777 on the new site, it is a fraud. I signed in as Dailybuck778.
mine is now harfordlion860. See you the flip side.

BTW, it's been a great run if you are not going over to there or Lion247. I'm hartfordlion860 on that site too. Really enjoy the banter and even some great information that shows up here now and then. Stay cool and stay healthy.

Last edited:
Hope they don't ruin Letterman Row. That used to be a real good site, and in particular former linebacker Zach Boren was really good.
I read all of the Buckeye boards and agree about Letterman Row. The one that's a mess right now is Buckeye Scoop as I guess they had some issues with Barton and that Nevada Buck guy - can't think of his name

I don't know what gives me the right to create such an "official" thread, but what gives any of us the right to do anything? So here it goes... a thread to get in your last goodbye before heading over to On3 (or not).

This board has been the only message board I've ever partaken in (consistently). I've not only enjoyed the Penn State talk, but have mostly loved the OT threads and conversations. Over my 15 years here (+/- a few years, but who's counting), I've always considered myself much younger than many of the "old timers" on this board, which made me feel like I was picking the brains of sage individuals. I feel like I've gained a wealth of knowledge from all the McAndrew board posters. Who cares if y'all are actually basement dwelling tools who still live with your elderly parents? ;) It really doesn't matter. It was a joy to be here and get to know so many of you. Some of you I've actually even met in person, most of you I've not. I wonder how many times, if ever, I've met someone from this board without either of us knowing we were members of this community? Funny to think about. Anywho, thanks for the good times and memories. It was a pleasure.

Signed, republion

a034c5c4bfa1639a41c2eaf1481fb33c--nittany-lion-state-university.jpg

I'm looking forward to more good discussions on the On3 board. Mostly, I have just lurked here as it seems whenever I post, someone jumps all over me. I hope there is no Test/Politics board on the new site - I only ever made the mistake of posting there once. Generally, I try to be civil in my discourse - I think a good approach is to only post what you would be comfortable saying to someone's face.

Now let's shut this thing down in style by shocking the world and taking down the Buckeyes!
Speak up when you have something to say. And don’t worry about people jumping up to yell ‘hey look at ME!’ There are a couple thousand people on this site. Always a few that will disagree with anything you say.

Reactions: republion and psu00
I was out of the country and unable to get to BWI due to EU privacy laws and, starved for PSU information, I went to TOS (the old one). That’s where I learned of the impending demise of this site, and now that I’m back I still don’t know exactly what happened or why. Having said that, (a) I signed up for the new site and (b) I will miss this site. My primary reason for checking this board daily (okay, multiple times a day) has been for PSU football news and information, but I greatly enjoyed many of the OT discussions as well. Without this board, I still wouldn’t know what a sous vide is, let alone own and use one. I’ll miss the “What are you binge watching?” thread and many others and hope that OT tradition will carry over to the new site.

RIP McAndrew Board. The King is dead; long live the King.

ADVERTISEMENT