The N-word takes on mystical significance in the Wokeist Cult

Jerry

May 29, 2001
It’s about ownership of a word that’s been used for centuries to belittle and demean. I’m not sure why that is so difficult to understand. Think of it like a club. You’re not in the club, so you don’t get to say it. Black people in this country have been excluded from using public restrooms and water fountains… from using front entrances of restaurants and hotels. You’re excluded from using one word and y’all throw a hissyfit. White Privilege much?

Tree, if it were that simple, I'd be on board with your view...no problem.

But we both know that the game the Wokeists and Dem-Mediacrats are playing in the case of Rogan and a thousand others goes far beyond the neat little formulation that you present above.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
It’s about ownership of a word that’s been used for centuries to belittle and demean. I’m not sure why that is so difficult to understand. Think of it like a club. You’re not in the club, so you don’t get to say it. Black people in this country have been excluded from using public restrooms and water fountains… from using front entrances of restaurants and hotels. You’re excluded from using one word and y’all throw a hissyfit. White Privilege much?

This is F'kn stupid arguement/justification.

Reactions: bison13 and Hotshoe

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
This is F'kn stupid arguement/justification.
That certainly isn’t where the stupidity ends. You can say people of color, but not colored people. Even the way the N-word is pronounced can change the degree of the “offensiveness.” The rules change every day.

Reactions: psuted

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004
First off, try living in 2022, not 1922. Nobody is practicing restroom/water fountain exclusion. I just find the proper use of a word totally based on who you are fascinating. No one is throwing a "hissyfit", blacks can have their special word. Life will go on just fine. "White privilege" is totally over the top, try for some perspective.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
That's a load of bullshit.

Reactions: Hotshoe

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Your comprehension sucks. He never said what you claimed. He simply asked a question and it's a legitimate question. Culturally, it's an issue, particularly in music. All colors listen to rap music which is full of the N word. So other colors shouldn't sing the word?
Other colors should be banned from owning it, hearing it, and listening to it. I'm sure the artists would love to see a loss of income to do the right thing.😎

Last edited:

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
If I’m singing along to some rap music, which I do once in awhile, and I’m by myself, is it ok if I say it?
No not at all, you shouldn't buy it or listen either. You might be tempted to be racist. The only way to prevent racism is to keep the word to the black population solely and we will fix the planet.

Last edited:

Jerry

May 29, 2001
No not at all, you shouldn't buy it or listen either. You might be tempted to be racist. The only way to prevent racism is to keep the word the black population solely and we will fix the planet.

I take your point. The whole thing has gotten ludicrous. But as discussed in the thread, the OP was not about blacks having ownership of the word. I don't have a major problem with that.

My problem is with Wokeist Cult members, mostly privileged whites, conferring mystical significance on the word and then rummaging through the past of selected targets to discover supposed racist secrets as revealed by the person's innocent use of the word in cultural commentary.

Then comes the now familiar Grovel Theater...like the Maoist Red Guards or Stalinist tribunals, which required public confessions from their victims before executing them. It's kind of an apt comparison since the Wokeists are spiritual descendants of the 20th century totalitarians. Different ideology. Same lies. Same hate.

Reactions: psuted

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
Other colors should be banned from owning it, hearing it, and listening to it. I'm sure the artists would love to see a loss of income to do the right thing.😎

Yep seems like rap artist are promoting the use of the N word. Not sure why they should be allowed to do that??? Where are the word police when you need them.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Tree, if it were that simple, I'd be on board with your view...no problem.

But we both know that the game the Wokeists and Dem-Mediacrats are playing in the case of Rogan and a thousand others goes far beyond the neat little formulation that you present above.
He's a liar or a dummy, he should be able to see what's happening. If context matters it matters for all of us.

Last edited:

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Jerry you are white . This is not a topic you have any providence to speak to. Let a dead dog lay. Or.............bring it up as a white guy and have no providence to speak to it.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
My father grew up white and had black servants. He didn't use that word often , but when he did in the US where I grew up it never sat well. He was an amazing father but culturally different than most native born US citizens. It should be past history , and if black people want to use it , we whiteys have no domain to call them out.

I know NPR is the liberal tower of fake news ???????? But one segemnt they had on a few years ago was by a lauded older black writer. He described people changing sides of the street to avoid hi because he was black . And this was only a few years ago.

If you think black people should ALL just get over it , your either a very lucky black person or more likely white .

The bar is not equal in this world for so many: black or white. Spew on a key board , but I am so grateful that I have had an opportunity of privilege in this world. I cannot tell you how many people at the highest echelons of society judge other cultures as 'They should have done this , or be this way etc'. That's also a problem I have with SO many I have crossed paths with whom say you just need to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Meanwhile they had the silver spoon upbringing. I have been lucky to have seen it all.

Hang out with a bunch of harvard , yale , middlebury, dartmouth people whom tell you they are self made ..................................

This is not attacking you Jerry , but the myopic view that we know what it's like to be someone else , or judging them for using the N word.

Reactions: LafayetteBear

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
My father grew up white and had black servants. He didn't use that word often , but when he did in the US where I grew up it never sat well. He was an amazing father but culturally different than most native born US citizens. It should be past history , and if black people want to use it , we whiteys have no domain to call them out.

I know NPR is the liberal tower of fake news ???????? But one segemnt they had on a few years ago was by a lauded older black writer. He described people changing sides of the street to avoid hi because he was black . And this was only a few years ago.

If you think black people should ALL just get over it , your either a very lucky black person or more likely white .

The bar is not equal in this world for so many: black or white. Spew on a key board , but I am so grateful that I have had an opportunity of privilege in this world. I cannot tell you how many people at the highest echelons of society judge other cultures as 'They should have done this , or be this way etc'. That's also a problem I have with SO many I have crossed paths with whom say you just need to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Meanwhile they had the silver spoon upbringing. I have been lucky to have seen it all.

Hang out with a bunch of harvard , yale , middlebury, dartmouth people whom tell you they are self made ..................................

This is not attacking you Jerry , but the myopic view that we know what it's like to be someone else , or judging them for using the N word.

No.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

At this point, the N-word has morphed into a word that rappers, Hollywood, and race-hustlers can make money on. It has also become a weapon that leftists can use to take down those they don’t like. Nothing more and nothing less.

Your story about your own privilege explains a lot. I guess you have a lot of white liberal guilt to atone for, but stop dragging everyone else down with you. Go watch Roots, Amistad, or whatever you do to make yourself feel better. The rest of us will go about life without feeling guilty, sad, entitled, or doomed because of our skin color..

Last edited:

Jerry

May 29, 2001

Kick, I think you missed the point of the OP and my other posts in this thread.

Your above response does not speak to what I actually said, which was not about people (black or white) "getting over it" but rather about the weaponization and sacramentalization of the word on the part of privileged white Wokeists.

Reactions: dailybuck777

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021

How do you think MLK would judge people who commit crime, destroy schools and abandon their children? I know what he would call them.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Kick, I think you missed the point of the OP and my other posts in this thread.

Your above response does not speak to what I actually said, which was not about people (black or white) "getting over it" but rather about the weaponization and sacramentalization of the word on the part of privileged white Wokeists.
Hey Jer: Am I a "privilege white Wokeist?" Gee, I sure hope not. That would make me get all upset and stuff. :cool:

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
I cannot tell you how many people at the highest echelons of society judge other cultures as 'They should have done this , or be this way etc'. That's also a problem I have with SO many I have crossed paths with whom say you just need to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Meanwhile they had the silver spoon upbringing. I have been lucky to have seen it all.
If there is an emphasis on diversity and identity politics, then it is inevitable that people will judge other cultures. If we are not all basically the same (which is my belief) and people are different because of their race or ethnic background, then some of the differences have to be advantageous and some have to be detriments. The Leftie emphasis on identity politics and race just makes the problem worse. I am half-Italian and until recently I had no idea that Phil Mickelson was half-Italian. I think that is a good thing for the country. There was an old time Masters winner, Doug Ford who was very curmudgeonly and wouldn't gracefully stop playing in the Masters after his skills had eroded.

Several years ago, I found out that his real name was Fortunato and I immediately understood how rough he had it playing golf as a young person in the 40s and why he didn't give a sh*t about Masters decorum. Again better for the country that these differences not be emphasized and picked like scabs.

With reference to the original post, I will observe that about 7 years ago, my daughter was receiving day care at a facility that was 95% black. It was a common occurrence for the black women under 30 who were arguing with each other to scream the N-word across the parking lot. If black people can use the word indiscriminately, then the use by white people in non-threatening and non-power abusing situations shouldn't be viewed as that awful. Personally, I haven't used the word for a very long time, if ever [my mother told me it was very wrong], but now I refrain from using it as a matter of politeness and expedience, not out of any moral horror of what the word meant 50 or 75 years ago. If a woke, priveleged Black person were to attack me in certain ways, I have no moral or logical compunction against using the word in the context of a political discussion because it has become so common in the Black community.

Reactions: Ski and Jerry

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Hey Jer: Am I a "privilege white Wokeist?" Gee, I sure hope not. That would make me get all upset and stuff. :cool:

Well I'd say you're a privileged white person who's basically decent but misguided on a lot of things and therefore in effect an enabler of the corruption that is ruining our country.

But no, I don't think you're a Wokeist personally. (You don't strike me as the type who would rummage through a person's entire life to find unauthorized uses of the N-word.)

This is just a thumbnail profile, Laf. I can provide a fuller psychological analysis of your personality at no charge if you wish... ;)

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
At this point, the N-word has morphed into a word that rappers, Hollywood, and race-hustlers can make money on. It has also become a weapon that leftists can use to take down those they don’t like. Nothing more and nothing less.

Your story about your own privilege explains a lot. I guess you have a lot of white liberal guilt to atone for, but stop dragging everyone else down with you. Go watch Roots, Amistad, or whatever you do to make yourself feel better. The rest of us will go about life without feeling guilty, sad, entitled, or doomed because of our skin color..
His story is most likely crap.