ADVERTISEMENT

Football The morning after.... 45 thoughts on Penn State's 35-31 win over Purdue

This is GREAT stuff^^^

I need to read the entire thing but I'll add this:
  • run game is never going to be good until our QB has to be covered as an option in the RPO. By my count, SC didn't run a single time, not once, other than being flushed from the pocket. Nobody defensively needs to account for the QB
  • What was most exciting about Allar is that we all know his physical skills. What was really awesome to see is his field presence and confidence when he was on the field. He clearly made some mistakes (crossing pattern miss, didn't run when it was given) but he put a ball on the nose while on the run as well as dropped a pass into the bucket which was unfortunately dropped.
  • LIke being shot and surviving, there is nothing like playing poorly and STILL winning. We missed a TOn of opportunities on both Defense and Offense
  • D made a huge adjustment in the third quarter (some may say, "finally") to stop the slant. I was surprised Purdue kept going to it when it was clear PSU was keying on it and taking it away
  • We were very fortunate that there were two key plays late: QB missed a wide-open WR which allowed our DB to recover after getting smoked at the LOS. The chop block penalty was HUGE.
  • While the fans may not have liked it, a huge confidence boost to the team (like Indiana's last minute win in 2020). Great poise was shown in a difficult environment with a ton of really young kids on the field. In fact, at one point, both Allar and Singleton were executing the offense (both true Frosh not only playing their first game, but ATTENDING their first game as a player)
  • football is both art and science. while SC is taking a lot of heat and threw a pick 6, his QB rating was far better than the Purdue QBs

ADVERTISEMENT