GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
Who are you most worried about this year due to the cut? For me its

1) Berge by a country mile.
2) VJ
3) Shack
4) Teasdale assuming he doesn't shirt
5) everybody else

For the most part it seems like Cael let's wrestlers go where they are comfortable and it seems to pay dividends David Taylor had credited this as the biggest boon to his international career, after several unsuccessful years he switched to allow his body to dictate, and focusing his training on the craft rather than the cut. The results are dramatic.

I was long and lean if not skinny in highschool and can't believe at times went around spitting in a cup, wearing trash bags, saunas, even laxatives once in a while.. for what? it was just plain silly in my case and every time I made a big cut I was a poorer wrestler.

Ryan and Smith tOSU/OSU respectively seem to have the opposite of view from Cael as a standard model, and I believe the results show in March especially in the late rounds. Look at what happened to Marsteller with a big cut, terrible.

If Berge can't maintain it there will be an impact. I like Verk but by all accounts or at least speculation there is a pretty good drop off there let's say at least 5 points at Nationals maybe a lot more if Berge is a sleeping giant (that's my lean). He recently went at 70kg but he hasn't been 149 since early in highschool.

Teas vs Tesk am ok with Teske even if it means losing a few points at Nationals, I see the hit as maybe 2-3 points in a stacked weight class. Teasdale's rumored cut concerns have me the least concerned if all.

Shak ...a 7lb cut from what I hear should be no problem. We have noone behind him but he seems to have the easiest cut.

Cenzo? Now there is one that the rumor mill each year seems to indicate he has a bit of a rough time. He is definitely thick and can't move up so he is my #2 worry with by far the largest impact to the team. That said he should have the prices down by now.

The there is Cassar, the poor guy, there is only so much pizza and steak one can eat!

Last edited:
Reactions: pointingdogsrule
From the outside looking in I can only recall Dylon struggling with 141 as a freshman which led to Andrew starting at 141 his true freshman season, Andrew anytime after his freshman season and Rasheed a couple seasons ago as the only weight management issues in the previous 9 years. Joesph's freshman year is a non issue.
So I would be shocked if anybody has an issue managing their weight.

Not worried at all...just sitting back, relaxing, enjoying the ride. :):)

I was licking an envelope once and got a paper cut. It really hurt. I hope the guys don't ever have to go thru that type of cut!!

Berge and Cenzo top the list.

Rumors of Bo vs Cenzo vs Cassar pizza eating contests this summer. VJ say it isn't so. Did someone on this board speculate Markie taking back to back redshirts one for the Olympics the other a regular RS to accommodate the rotund VJ?

I think both Berge and VJ make it, but it won't be a walk in the park for either

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT