ADVERTISEMENT

the ideas on the ESPN Who's In Show were remarkable

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
dropping PSU out of top ten and replaced by TCU = clearly the score yesterday did not help us.

they are saying OSU is still alive for CFB final 4!!!!! how do you have two blowout losses and get into the playoff???? Phil Bender on Phil's show yesterday was saying OSU "finds a way". what a dumb statement that is = find a way applies to something a team is doing on its own like winning. "finding a way" to get into the playoffs with two blowout losses is clearly preferential treatment.

the 4 analysts on this show = Heather, Booger, Mack and the espn dude are clicking alot of boxes that show OSU alive. they dont show a possibility that UM beats OSU, and OSU then beats Wisky.

dropping PSU out of top ten and replaced by TCU = clearly the score yesterday did not help us.

they are saying OSU is still alive for CFB final 4!!!!! how do you have two blowout losses and get into the playoff???? Phil Bender on Phil's show yesterday was saying OSU "finds a way". what a dumb statement that is = find a way applies to something a team is doing on its own like winning. "finding a way" to get into the playoffs with two blowout losses is clearly preferential treatment.

the 4 analysts on this show = Heather, Booger, Mack and the espn dude are clicking alot of boxes that show OSU alive. they dont show a possibility that UM beats OSU, and OSU then beats Wisky.

Don't worry about these guys they are there to blow smoke and create controversy where there is none. They have no ability to predict anything so they resort to gibberish to fill air time. These people have a collective IQ that when averaged is < 1 each. Relax. They are at best window dressing in the form of hot air.

Their opinions do not matter at all. Be happy some guys got playing time who normally sit. Our focus should be on beating Maryland. Using extra practice time to get ready for bowl and next year. We need to learn how to cover people late in games and block for running backs. Being ranked 10 or 11 is of no real importance.

1 - These guys have zero impact on the CFP poll.

2 - OSU is still alive because they have a chance to win the conference and would have wins over PSU, Michigan State and Wisconsin....and Michigan. To be in the discussion though, need to win by very large margins. The CFP really likes the B1G and it regardless of potential 2 loss teams figuring in, its conference champ will be in serious consideration for one of the playoff spots.

I did not watch the show, but if PSU is below 10 by CFP, and considering PSU gave up 35 points in the second half...and considering

Alabama, Auburn, Georgia play each other and
Clemson and Miami play each other and
TCU and OU play each other and
OSU and Wisky play each other

going to be difficult to justify PSU in a NY6 Bowl Game. :mad:

Last year taught us that head to head and conference championships mean absolutely nothing to the playoff committee. Having said that, how can Ohio St get in the playoff over Penn St? We have 2 road losses by a combined 4 pts. They got their asses royally handed to them twice, one being at home.

Reactions: Howie'81
Last year taught us that head to head and conference championships mean absolutely nothing to the playoff committee. Having said that, how can Ohio St get in the playoff over Penn St? We have 2 road losses by a combined 4 pts. They got their asses royally handed to them twice, one being at home.
OSU doesn't pass the "looks test" this year.....

Reactions: Howie'81

Because we are Penn State.. It was said last year and i'll say it again after what happened in 2011, Penn State won't be allowed to be relevant for a long time.

I predict again... OSU loses to Michigan this Saturday....and... loses to Wisconsin in Big 10 Championship game..,

Not a badger fan because they play in the West however.., this is a good team and will remember what and how they lost LY...

Reactions: Nitwit97
Ohio State getting in......Bama wins the SEC, Miami wins the ACC both undefeated. Oklahoma loses another game. OSU beats Michigan by a few TDs and beats Wiscy by a few TDs, ie...both good wins that Ohio State wins by at least 14 point each, maybe even a semi-blowout in one game. Then you have a whole bunch of teams with two losses and anything could happen with Ohio State claiming two nice wins to end the year where Oklahoma and Clemson will have lost late and not be conference champions.

It's pretty much a given every year that OSU, Bama and Clemson are getting in no matter what happens. With the subjectivity in the system almost anything can be justified by some metric. Next year, it will be OSU, Bama and Clemson along with someone else. That's how the new CFP system works...it gives more ability to twist and turn it to get the results they want.

Reactions: 46DavePSU
I did not watch the show, but if PSU is below 10 by CFP, and considering PSU gave up 35 points in the second half...and considering

Alabama, Auburn, Georgia play each other and
Clemson and Miami play each other and
TCU and OU play each other and
OSU and Wisky play each other

going to be difficult to justify PSU in a NY6 Bowl Game. :mad:
Nobody will care PSU gave up 35 points in the second half if no playoff birth is at stake. If that mattered, no Big !2 team would be picked. PSU finishes 10-2 they are in a NY6 game. PSU is still a huge draw.

Reactions: step.eng69
I predict again... OSU loses to Michigan this Saturday....and... loses to Wisconsin in Big 10 Championship game..,

Not a badger fan because they play in the West however.., this is a good team and will remember what and how they lost LY...

Just no idea how Michigan scores enough to beat OSU. Their offense is just very pedestrian. They'll need a lot of scoring help from their defense and special teams.

Don't worry they need PSU ranked as high as they can to prop up OSU so it helps us get a better bowl and we can enjoy watching Urban get embarrassed again against Bama.

OSU is not losing to Michigan as much as we'd all love to think that. Michigan's offense is horrible... no playmakers whatsoever. Even if Barrett craps the bed UM will still not score enough to win that game.

I'm not sure that possibility exists. Ok yea it does but the "probability" doesn't. LOL.
Michigan is the most over rated team in College Football. They just aren't that good. They have no play makers on offense, I guess O'Korn is back and he stinks.
Meyer and OSU know they need "Style" points I expect Meyer and staff to go for the throat and provide a major beat down. I'm thinking like 47-7.
I also don't think WIsky can beat them. Hornibrook is a turnover machine and OSU will be cashing those in.

Just no idea how Michigan scores enough to beat OSU. Their offense is just very pedestrian. They'll need a lot of scoring help from their defense and special teams.

LOL, it wont come from Nordin. He was a head case before and now he's completely lost it. :D

Agree...but this is three years in a row now for Hairball...will pull out ALL the stops as it looks to be a bigger game for Michigan THIS YEAR than any other in the past including Bowl Match Ups... I mean next year they play IN Columbus...and possibility of him going 0-4 against their hated rival ?

I think they pull out everything...and in this game...think Korn better option anyway..pressure will be high.

Lets see how Michigan front 4 lines up with OSU OL whom I'm still not convinced is that good...

Dislike both schools however...for PSU...A Michigan WIN is good on so many levels...this will be a good game to watch !

Yep OSU losing to Michigan will never happen. Michigan offense really suck. Looks like PSU dark years offense.

the only possible way for UM to beat OSU is generate defensive / special teams TD .... multiple TDs

their offense is just bad.

I do think Wisky has a very good chance to beat Ohio State

I'm not sure that possibility exists. Ok yea it does but the "probability" doesn't. LOL.
Michigan is the most over rated team in College Football. They just aren't that good. They have no play makers on offense, I guess O'Korn is back and he stinks.
Meyer and OSU know they need "Style" points I expect Meyer and staff to go for the throat and provide a major beat down. I'm thinking like 47-7.
I also don't think WIsky can beat them. Hornibrook is a turnover machine and OSU will be cashing those in.
:cool: really like the phrasing of your post, a lot of humorous points

Ohio State getting in......Bama wins the SEC, Miami wins the ACC both undefeated. Oklahoma loses another game. OSU beats Michigan by a few TDs and beats Wiscy by a few TDs, ie...both good wins that Ohio State wins by at least 14 point each, maybe even a semi-blowout in one game. Then you have a whole bunch of teams with two losses and anything could happen with Ohio State claiming two nice wins to end the year where Oklahoma and Clemson will have lost late and not be conference champions.
By the "2 nice wins logic," Pitt should've been in last year since blowout losses don't seem to matter.

OSU is not losing to Michigan as much as we'd all love to think that. Michigan's offense is horrible... no playmakers whatsoever. Even if Barrett craps the bed UM will still not score enough to win that game.

Any hope Michigan has comes down to the QB situation. Peters showed flashes before the injury in the second half, and he had led Michigan to three straight wins before the Wisconsin game. But O'Korn looked rusty and terrible after Peters went down.

I saw somewhere that all of the tests on Peters came up negative. Which might mean that he could play against Ohio State. If he does, then Michigan has a chance. If he does not, then Michigan needs a miracle.

On the bright side, if Ohio State wins this Saturday, then it looks like the winner of the conference championship the next week will go to the CFP playoffs. That's really galling to a lot of us if it's the Bucks, but it does mean that we would likely get a NY6 bowl nod with a win against Maryland.

They are Ohio State. That’s the difference. Last year doesn’t count. If they win out Delaney will find a way.

Any hope Michigan has comes down to the QB situation. Peters showed flashes before the injury in the second half, and he had led Michigan to three straight wins before the Wisconsin game. But O'Korn looked rusty and terrible after Peters went down.

I saw somewhere that all of the tests on Peters came up negative. Which might mean that he could play against Ohio State. If he does, then Michigan has a chance. If he does not, then Michigan needs a miracle.

On the bright side, if Ohio State wins this Saturday, then it looks like the winner of the conference championship the next week will go to the CFP playoffs. That's really galling to a lot of us if it's the Bucks, but it does mean that we would likely get a NY6 bowl nod with a win against Maryland.
It could happen that way, but people are starting to buy into Miami. If Miami loses to Clemson in a tight game, I would not be surprised to see Miami and Clemson both make it. Same if Auburn beats Bama then wins the SEC. A one loss Bama team is not being left out behind a two loss OSU team.

ADVERTISEMENT