ADVERTISEMENT

The Harbaugh distraction has to throw off UM routine

PennSt8er

Aug 16, 2001
I am on the fence about how I feel about quick judgment penalties. I think all evidence needs to be weighed publicly as a principle. I would not be surprised either way by JH showing/not showing up tomorrow.

However, it's a sideshow that has to disrupt routine for that team a lot. At a time they are going into a HOSTILE crowd and against a legit D. Once the game is on, all that probably drifts away in combat where you rely on training under similar scenarios and hyper focus on what's in front of you. But I imagine it will hurt UM a bit out the gate.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I hope he’s on the sideline / injunction granted. Bigger roller-coaster that way.

I am on the fence about how I feel about quick judgment penalties. I think all evidence needs to be weighed publicly as a principle. I would not be surprised either way by JH showing/not showing up tomorrow.

However, it's a sideshow that has to disrupt routine for that team a lot. At a time they are going into a HOSTILE crowd and against a legit D. Once the game is on, all that probably drifts away in combat where you rely on training under similar scenarios and hyper focus on what's in front of you. But I imagine it will hurt UM a bit out the gate.
I personally don't think it will hurt them much if at all. It might help them. The only way it helps us is if the game is close and I don't think it will be. Worse, if he isn't here, the pressure is all on Franklin and that is usually a disaster waiting to happen. Franklin is going to face a lot of criticism were we to lose with Harbaugh, it will be much worse if we lose without him.

I personally don't think it will hurt them much if at all. It might help them. The only way it helps us is if the game is close and I don't think it will be. Worse, if he isn't here, the pressure is all on Franklin and that is usually a disaster waiting to happen. Franklin is going to face a lot of criticism were we to lose with Harbaugh, it will be much worse if we lose without him.

"Us".

E-e-ee-e-ee-ee-e-e!!!!!

I’m sure this situation is a distraction to Penn State as well. You know Franklin is salivating at the opportunity to coach against a Harbaugh-less team for his own benefit.

Listening to what everybody outside the B10 is saying, I'm getting the uneasy feeling we may be walking into a hornet's nest at home today. Hope I'm wrong but that seems to be what the sentiment is. And that sucks.

Not to worry, they will find comfort in the Zebras as per usual.
Depends on the league. If the commish gives the order, the zebras may be on our side. If Michigan gets called for holding early in the game…we may be in unfamiliar territory with the refs.

After CJF’s boneheaded decision to go for it on 4th down on our side of the field, with 7:45 left, with one of the best defenses in the country, only down a score and an offense that had yet to convert on a single third down, perhaps James should recuse himself today. It might level the playing field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT