ADVERTISEMENT

The Gambits are relaxing in their hotel room here.

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
marriott-niagara-falls.jpg.cf.jpg

We've been here before but it never gets old. Love the Canadian side.

Last edited:

Enjoy!! Been there many times, strangely enough without my wife. Parents took me when I was 6. Other times were guy's weekends, gambling, drinking and Bill's game on Sunday.

Reactions: fairgambit
Too late. My wife and I got the last two.;)
There’s a very nice Nichola Tesla Memorial over on Goat Island in case you’re looking for things to do. It recognizes the importance of Tesla and Westinghouse’s installation of the first hydroelectric power plant.

In order to get there, however, you need to exit “Canuckville”, cross over to the “American side”, head south and then cross over to Goat Island. :)

Last edited:

That's not the Marriott by any chance, is it? That looks like the exact same view we had when we stayed there roughly 20 years ago. The whole wall, and I mean the WHOLE wall was a window looking right out on Horseshoe Falls. Pretty stunning.

That's not the Marriott by any chance, is it? That looks like the exact same view we had when we stayed there roughly 20 years ago. The whole wall, and I mean the WHOLE wall was a window looking right out on Horseshoe Falls. Pretty stunning.
It is the Mariott Fallsview That's a stock photo but our room is above the 15th floor and the view is spectacular.

Fair enjoy your trip. Stop at Goat Island on the New York side on your way home.

And by the way - they did indeed take good care of me at Ohio Valley Hospital.

Goat Island! My favorite part of the Falls on the American side! One of the few places on the American side where you can actually enjoy the Falls in somewhat of a park-like atmosphere. I too highly recommend it.

What hotel did you stay at and would you recommend it, or try another....?
We stayed in the Marriott Fallsview on the Canadian side (17th floor ) and it was terrific. We paid a bit more to have a view of the Falls but it was well worth it. The view was spectacular. Beyond that, the room was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the food in the hotel restaurant (Mortons) was very good. When you want to go outside and get right down to the Falls, it's a 5 minute walk. The tab for one night was about $335.00 Canadian, but that included a breakfast for 2 people, valet parking, and about 70 bucks in taxes. The room itself was around $215.00. Believe me. The view alone was worth triple that. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reactions: GregInPitt
We stayed in the Marriott Fallsview on the Canadian side (17th floor ) and it was terrific. We paid a bit more to have a view of the Falls but it was well worth it. The view was spectacular. Beyond that, the room was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the food in the hotel restaurant (Mortons) was very good. When you want to go outside and get right down to the Falls, it's a 5 minute walk. The tab for one night was about $335.00 Canadian, but that included a breakfast for 2 people, valet parking, and about 70 bucks in taxes. The room itself was around $215.00. Believe me. The view alone was worth triple that. I highly recommend this hotel.
The way you gush over this room I’m surprised you didn’t put up a Christmas tree, really make it like home.

You and the room should get a room.:oops:

In the other thread I meant to comment on Johnny M’s toupee. It’s the best I’ve ever seen. He should have referred Sinatra to his bald-ologist. Frank’s piece looked like a brown golf divot.:eek: EEK.
Johnny did not technically have a toupee in the traditional sense, but a hair weave done strand by strand. It was, indeed, exceptionally well done.

In addition to Maestro another Johnny who deserves to be in the RNR Hall is Rivers...Johnny Rivers, imho.

ADVERTISEMENT