ADVERTISEMENT

The "evil empire" (ESPN) reporting DeMarco Murray

harbest

Sep 26, 2001
to visit the Eagles today and are giving the impression that they have a good chance of signing him.

Murray called Chip Kelly (link)

Whenever you start calling opposing coaches I think it's safe to say you're as good as gone.

Not thrilled getting a guy right after a season with a ton of carries

They rode Murray like a mule this year.

The track record for RBs after such a workload is no good.

But I guess it shows Chip isn't a racist
wink.r191677.gif

Yeah, I see Murray and Sam Bradford are buddies from their OU days...

Originally posted by Chickenman Testa:
They rode Murray like a mule this year.

The track record for RBs after such a workload is no good.

But I guess it shows Chip isn't a racist
wink.r191677.gif
so things are not all bad in Norman, OK

Lucious & Dewey Selmon expected to sign next

maybe they can bring in Barry Switzer too
laugh.r191677.gif

Re: Though the eagles were getting younger and cheaper at RB???

Originally posted by cjrugger:
psu
Murray and McCoy may be the same age, but McCoy has about 500 more carries in his NFL career than Murray (1,400 for Shady vs. 900 for Murray) McCoy entered the NFL at a pretty young age (prep school for a year then two years at Pitt), while Murray stayed at OK for longer. Mathews is the same age, but has around 900 career carries, too.

Foles & McCoy or Bradford & Murray

Based on what they are going to have to pay Murray and what they are paying Bradford, that tandem will cost a ton more money.

They also have less carries because of missed time due to injuries

In college and in the pros for Murray

Re: Lucious & Dewey Selmon expected to sign next

One of the Selmon's passed away, not sure which one. There is a small chain of Selmon's restaurants I believe connected Outback. Ate at one in Ft. Myers.

541-573-26

yet another pro team with an all-time losing record. No wonder the fans are bitter
flush.r191677.gif

Re: Though the eagles were getting younger and cheaper at RB???

True but MccCoy's running style translates into a lot less direct hits on his body. It seems like 90% of the time McCoy goes down because someone reached out and just got a piece of his leg or ankle.

Murray has definitely taken more of a pounding during his career.

Agree. I love DMM, but he gets the hell beat out of him.

Originally posted by NJPSU:
True but MccCoy's running style translates into a lot less direct hits on his body. It seems like 90% of the time McCoy goes down because someone reached out and just got a piece of his leg or ankle.

Murray has definitely taken more of a pounding during his career.
Hell of a runner, would have been all-world if he had played 20 years ago. He won't last, too bad.

A lot depends on the contractual terms...

I still think this is a ploy by Murray and his agent to force Dallas to up their offer or look horrible to their fans, but if the Eagles can get Murray for $6.5-$7 million per with a bonus that can be absorbed in the first 2 years, then it's not a bad signing.

Love McCoy or hate him, he still left a big production hole on the roster. The Eagles would have a better bet to replace that production over the next couple of years, and be able to focus the draft on WR, S, CB and OLB.

ADVERTISEMENT