ADVERTISEMENT

The Elephant in the room, How to move forward...

Play devil's advocate in all this. Say...JoePa did hide this. For what amounted to being decades. Why would a man of what was perceived as utterly impeccable integrity do such a thing? For what now is alleged to be over the course of decades.

That seems inconceivable. Hell, I'm not a PSU fan and it sounds far-fetched to me. However...devil's advocate time...what would drive a man like Joe Paterno to do such a thing?

Folks...that most likely means that there is worse news out there we haven't heard yet. Yes, worse than hiding it back as far as the early 70's like what's being reported now.

15 years ago, did any of us think something like this could possibly happen? Seriously. Even look at it as 100% a pack of lies and that Sandusky was actually innocent.

Would you think the accusation...could be possible? Let alone the trial, and how all that went down.

Inconceivable (as this new news coming out seems). Right?

To blithely decry this is nothing but gobblygook I think...if you're going to hitch your wagon to that, just be prepared to reap the whirlwind...because Man is a beast capable of unspeakable horrors. Horrors that defy comprehension that such things are even possible to be done by Reasonable Men.

History is full of examples of Reasonable Men effectively swearing on a stack of bibles that they are being framed, wrongly accused, etc...and the truth comes out that these very same Reasonable Men, in very powerful positions, did unspeakable things to protect what they built for their entire lives.

And they stopped at nothing to protect that which they held dear.

Brace yourselves...

Play devil's advocate in all this. Say...JoePa did hide this. For what amounted to being decades. Why would a man of what was perceived as utterly impeccable integrity do such a thing? For what now is alleged to be over the course of decades.

That seems inconceivable. Hell, I'm not a PSU fan and it sounds far-fetched to me. However...devil's advocate time...what would drive a man like Joe Paterno to do such a thing?

Folks...that most likely means that there is worse news out there we haven't heard yet. Yes, worse than hiding it back as far as the early 70's like what's being reported now.

15 years ago, did any of us think something like this could possibly happen? Seriously. Even look at it as 100% a pack of lies and that Sandusky was actually innocent.

Would you think the accusation...could be possible? Let alone the trial, and how all that went down.

Inconceivable (as this new news coming out seems). Right?

To blithely decry this is nothing but gobblygook I think...if you're going to hitch your wagon to that, just be prepared to reap the whirlwind...because Man is a beast capable of unspeakable horrors. Horrors that defy comprehension that such things are even possible to be done by Reasonable Men.

History is full of examples of Reasonable Men effectively swearing on a stack of bibles that they are being framed, wrongly accused, etc...and the truth comes out that these very same Reasonable Men, in very powerful positions, did unspeakable things to protect what they built for their entire lives.

And they stopped at nothing to protect that which they held dear.

Brace yourselves...

Bedpooper, the Pitt clown makes up another name.

Reactions: Ski
Does anyone know if some deep pocketed alumni who have donated $$$ to the University have discussed banding together in a class action suit against the trustees for their lack of fiduciary care of the assets those alumni donated to the University?

It's not publicly known but the short answer to your question is yes.

Couldn't agree more and I have been saying this for more than over a decade now. We watch, talk, spend and debate about this shit and the whole point of it all is to WIN! Everything else is secondary.....everything! This is an sport entertainment product, nothing more. It's funny no matter where you go you will find these damn purists and they can't stop talking about graduation rates, success with honor, railroaded by the NCAA, find the truth, Etc and all it is a deflection from the entire purpose we watch this product, to WIN, something we haven't done consistently in decades.
That was never Penn State.

That was never Penn State.
I'm not referring to Penn St. Penn State is public university with a purpose of higher education, research and community outreach. I was referring to Penn St football, a sports product with a purpose to provide entertainment....slight difference if you ask me. The board seems to confuse the two.

I'm not referring to Penn St. Penn State is public university with a purpose of higher education, research and community outreach. I was referring to Penn St football, a sports product with a purpose to provide entertainment....slight difference if you ask me. The board seems to confuse the two.

Then, that was never Penn State football either.

So 99.999999% of the people involved with Penn State who had nothing to do with this, did not even know Sandusky and couldn't have done anything if they tried should ask forgiveness? Maybe it's the rest of the world that needs to change their thinking and quit blaming and harassing people who had nothing to do with any of this. How is rehashing all this now doing any good for anybody? What did Franklin, Moorhead, or any of the players have to do with Sandusky? If people want to be mad at Sandusky, Paterno, or anyone else, that's their business, but to lump every fan, player and coach into one lump and crucify them is their problem not ours.

Valid points. Because this happened at an institution it is confusing because how does a University, ask for forgiveness.

Regarding changing thinking, I do apologize for any misunderstandings I may have caused.

For the record, I personally think very highly of PSU and the fans of PSU. I get that most all have never met Sandusky. I also understand that NO PSU fans would condone his personal selfish behavior. I think most logical and rational people understand that the fans did nothing here but support a University and a football program.

IMHO What is best for PSU is best for ALL of the BigTen conference.

Forgetting about what happened regarding Sandusky, How would Penn State fans like to see the University, and the Football program move forward?

I know it must be hard as (the same) stuff seems to randomly pop up.

I am not going down the highway of judging Joe Paterno, The University, or it's trustees. I am especially not judging fans. Who in their right mind would ask for any of this to happen.

I am not judging whether or not this is strictly a criminal matter, nor I am I stating whether or not the NCAA should be in the middle of this. I am just asking about thoughts regarding a very unique situation that is still lingering. Even after (mostly) self punishment/ sanctions. How do you move forward.

I honestly don't know what to think other than I am more than okay with Sandusky being locked up. Maybe all that can be done already has been done. I also realize that to some outside of the Penn State program Penn State will never be able to do enough. This question isn't for them. It is for the reasonable Penn State fans and alumni that are serious. The ones that actually care about The Penn(sylvania) State University and it's bright future.

We are very aware that many of the requisite changes pre-date Sandusky. It's our issues and those issues have nothing to do with the outside world. Sandusky only provided you a glimpse of the problems we have had at Penn State.

Last edited:
We are very aware of the requisite changes pre-date Sandusky. It's our issues and those issues have nothing to do with the outside world. Sandusky only provided you a glimpse of the problems we have had at Penn State.

Starting to wonder if many State Universities have similar issues. I am still shaking my head at a 16 member panel and most likely a year or more to pick an AD. If the the University of Minnesota gets it right, then okay. Just not sure I have faith in the size of the panel, the possibility of leaks, nor the choice.

Last edited:
JAIL TIME FOR:

Sandusky
Freeh
Baldwin
Erickson
Frazier
Corbett

and the firing of Mark Emmert for his role in the crimes.

If the Freeh report is found to be worthless, what does that do? Does that put the board back on the hot seat?

Freeh has said that his report was his "opinion", not based on facts.

Spanier's complaint alleged that Freeh's statements were not only defamatory, but Freeh also interfered with Spanier's job prospects after Spanier left the university and the report also caused Spanier to face criminal charges for his alleged failures to report.

According to the complaint, the defamatory statements from the Freeh report included saying Spanier acted in "consistent disregard ... for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims," and that Spanier "repeatedly concealed ... Sandusky's child abuse."

Freeh argued that the comments about Spanier in his report constituted opinion about Spanier's conduct.

Read more: http://www.thelegalintelligencer.co...Tied-to-Freeh-Report-Heating-Up#ixzz48BEGswyA

"I'm sorry for my errors in the past, I could have done better, I'll work to do better going forward."

I do think Penn State has said that
Which BOT members said that? Especially with respect to their blind acceptance of Freeh and willingness to cave on the NCAA sanctions.

Freeh has said that his report was his "opinion", not based on facts.

Spanier's complaint alleged that Freeh's statements were not only defamatory, but Freeh also interfered with Spanier's job prospects after Spanier left the university and the report also caused Spanier to face criminal charges for his alleged failures to report.

According to the complaint, the defamatory statements from the Freeh report included saying Spanier acted in "consistent disregard ... for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims," and that Spanier "repeatedly concealed ... Sandusky's child abuse."

Freeh argued that the comments about Spanier in his report constituted opinion about Spanier's conduct.

Read more: http://www.thelegalintelligencer.co...Tied-to-Freeh-Report-Heating-Up#ixzz48BEGswyA

Thank you!

15 years ago, did any of us think something like this could possibly happen? Seriously. Even look at it as 100% a pack of lies and that Sandusky was actually innocent....

Why did all the Pope's do the same thing?

I think Joe was told and he simply did not believe it. Most people have a hard time believing these types of crimes. I don't think Joe was part of any cover-up but he failed to expose the crimes. Joe and PSU never should have been involved. Joe should have passed the buck and told any alleged victim of any crime to go to the police and let them deal with it. It is the police dept's job and not Joe's job. He F'ed up. He let himself get involved.

He needed a good lawyer the day the story broke. He should have said he told anyone who thought they were a victim of a crime or witness to go to the police. He is not a police officer or lawyer and it is not his area of expertise. He would be passing the buck to the experts which are the police. If they found nothing in whatever year then that is on them. It is doubtful that anyone could prove otherwise.

Wow, a Rhodes scholar you are.

Do you prefer winning or honor? You don't always get both.

Would you prefer losing with honor or winning? You don't see OSU, FSU, Baylor, Bama on the front page of the news. Nobody cares if they cheat or break the rules.

The schools that win big have the most honor in the eyes of most fans.

Do you prefer winning or honor? You don't always get both.

Would you prefer losing with honor or winning? You don't see OSU, FSU, Baylor, Bama on the front page of the news. Nobody cares if they cheat or break the rules.

The schools that win big have the most honor in the eyes of most fans.
Losing with honor is always preferable to winning without honor. However, the two are not mutually exclusive. Who would think that honor doesn't matter? Answer: Someone who has absolutely zero conscience or heart.

Reactions: Marshall30
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT