The Dem-Party strategy is now clear.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Been away from this board for a while trying to digest what is happening...

The largest complaint by The Left is that of "inequity," and yet what they are doing is creating inequity at an alarming pace. This is being achieved by the puppets who control the money supply -- Yellen and Powell -- while Biden and The Congress feed them their marching orders.

From the start of the pandemic until now -- less than a year and a half -- why should the S&P 500 be up more than 30% while the Federal Reserve prints hundreds of billions of dollars per month to support the economy? Last summer -- before the election -- Powell said that the stock market was rising too rapidly -- that the recovery would be long and difficult. Earlier this year, when the market took a breather for a few weeks, the same Federal Reserve took to its microphone and indicated plenty more stimulus was available -- with the market then (and now) at all time highs. It is rising just as fast as it was before the election.

So why are they doing this?

To me they are trying to enhance the equity problem that they claim is a republican phenomenon, while also enriching themselves and other influential elites. They can then point this out more readily to win the mid-terms, while blaming inflation on greedy corporate profits. Most people will be suffering under the weight of inflation while share holders -- especially the 1% -- get an even larger piece of the pie. Especially hard hit will be the expendable people -- old folks on fixed incomes and other responsible types who worked and saved but are not risk-taking investors. Middle class workers will see their living standards decline from both higher taxes and inflation. They will become a part of the dependent poor.

With the loss of integrity within our media and corruption of elections this country is pretty much doomed. If voters are not illegal, they will largely be ignorant of the real cause/effects for their reduced living standards. I don't see how we recover. Nothing can stop the snowball.

If Powell immediately stops these unnecessary bond purchases and raises interest rates to quell inflation then I will consider myself wrong.

If the government stops the illegal border crossings. Stops transporting these people throughout the country. And requires a true picture ID when a vote gets cast, then I will consider myself wrong.

Otherwise, it is what it is -- a communist takeover under the guise of restoring "equity" and fairness.

We fought brutal, bloody wars to stop the spread of communism. Now Americans voted for it within their own country and don't even realize it.

I write only of the economic and electoral issues, but of course there are many more. The violence and looting in our cities is not going to stop. Communists like anarchy as it gives them an excuse for more control.

Jerry

May 29, 2001

The largest complaint by The Left is that of "inequity," and yet what they are doing is creating inequity at an alarming pace. This is being achieved by the puppets who control the money supply -- Yellen and Powell -- while Biden and The Congress feed them their marching orders.

From the start of the pandemic until now -- less than a year and a half -- why should the S&P 500 be up more than 30% while the Federal Reserve prints hundreds of billions of dollars per month to support the economy? Last summer -- before the election -- Powell said that the stock market was rising too rapidly -- that the recovery would be long and difficult. Earlier this year, when the market took a breather for a few weeks, the same Federal Reserve took to its microphone and indicated plenty more stimulus was available -- with the market then (and now) at all time highs. It is rising just as fast as it was before the election.

To me they are trying to enhance the equity problem that they claim is a republican phenomenon, while also enriching themselves and other influential elites. They can then point this out more readily to win the mid-terms, while blaming inflation on greedy corporate profits. Most people will be suffering under the weight of inflation while share holders -- especially the 1% -- get an even larger piece of the pie. Especially hard hit will be the expendable people -- old folks on fixed incomes and other responsible types who worked and saved but are not risk-taking investors. Middle class workers will see their living standards decline from both higher taxes and inflation. They will become a part of the dependent poor.

With the loss of integrity within our media and corruption of elections this country is pretty much doomed. If voters are not illegal, they will largely be ignorant of the real cause/effects for their reduced living standards. I don't see how we recover. Nothing can stop the snowball.

If Powell immediately stops these unnecessary bond purchases and raises interest rates to quell inflation then I will consider myself wrong.

If the government stops the illegal border crossings. Stops transporting these people throughout the country. And requires a true picture ID when a vote gets cast, then I will consider myself wrong.

Otherwise, it is what it is -- a communist takeover under the guise of restoring "equity" and fairness.

We fought brutal, bloody wars to stop the spread of communism. Now Americans voted for it within their own country and don't even realize it.

I write only of the economic and electoral issues, but of course there are many more. The violence and looting in our cities is not going to stop. Communists like anarchy as it gives them an excuse for more control.

I pretty much agree with your analysis, Knight.

Our globalist Ruling Class, which cares more about Chinese interests than those of the American people, has created a system designed to enrich itself by rigging and inflating the equity markets, in the process widening the gap between Haves and Have-Nots to obscene dimensions.

Though Republicans don't have clean hands in this, the screaming irony is that at the forefront of this vast wealth-transfer scheme is none other than the former Party of the working class...now transformed into Dem-Media, the stronghold of wealthy and privileged elitists.

But you need to understand that economics is just the tip of the iceberg. Culture and values drive politics and economics, not the other way around. The Ruling Class betrayal of the nation's citizenry and the citizenry's acceptance of this betrayal are the result of a culture of corrupted values that is either no longer capable of distinguishing truth from lies...or no longer recognizes that there is a difference between the two.

Reactions: Ski

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

You sound insane. Communist takeover? Despite the fact Democrats aren’t Communists to begin with, the Republicans will take back control of Congress in the midterms. That’s what usually happens with party out of power and will almost certainly happen in 2022 with Gerrymandering and these new voter laws.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
You sound insane. Communist takeover? Despite the fact Democrats aren’t Communists to begin with, the Republicans will take back control of Congress in the midterms. That’s what usually happens with party out of power and will almost certainly happen in 2022 with Gerrymandering and these new voter laws.

If a communist takeover sounds insane to you and you actually believe that it is the Republican side doing the gerrymandering of elections, then your brain has become fully indoctrinated. Nothing can be communicated to you that isn't already part of your belief system. Information counter to The Doctrine won't pass through your filters. You are unable to decipher the difference between what your party says and what it actually does.

You have become, in fact, one of the "useful idiots."

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
If a communist takeover sounds insane to you and you actually believe that it is the Republican side doing the gerrymandering of elections, then your brain has become fully indoctrinated. Nothing can be communicated to you that isn't already part of your belief system. Information counter to The Doctrine won't pass through your filters. You are unable to decipher the difference between what your party says and what it actually does.

You have become, in fact, one of the "useful idiots."
You Didn’t address my point. What do you think happens in the midterms and how does that square with your belief that we are inevitably headed to “communism”?

bdgan

May 29, 2008

The Fed is buying $120 billion a month in Treasury securities and mortgage-backed bonds to keep longer-term interest rates low and encourage more borrowing and spending. Think about that for a minute. That's $1.44 trillion per year. Think about that for a minute. The government only collected $3.4 trillion in taxes last year. This $1.44 trillion is on top of the $trillions of stimulus payments and bailouts.

Who wants to tie their money up for 10 years to get 1.2% interest from the government? Not many!

So who benefits? If you buy a house you benefit from paying 2.5% interest on your mortgage instead of 3.5% - 4%. The problem is that house is costing 17% more than it did a year ago. Are consumers really getting a break or are they being tempted to accumulate more debt? Meanwhile fixed income investors suffer. I thought liberals cared about granny. She has probably lost $1,000 per year in interest income and seen her grocery and utility bills go up by $2,000 beyond what they used to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: royboy

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I pretty much agree with your analysis, Knight.

Our globalist Ruling Class, which cares more about Chinese interests than those of the American people, has created a system designed to enrich itself by rigging and inflating the equity markets, in the process widening the gap between Haves and Have-Nots to obscene dimensions.

Though Republicans don't have clean hands in this, the screaming irony is that at the forefront of this vast wealth-transfer scheme is none other than the former Party of the working class...now transformed into Dem-Media, the stronghold of wealthy and privileged elitists.

But you need to understand that economics is just the tip of the iceberg. Culture and values drive politics and economics, not the other way around. The Ruling Class betrayal of the nation's citizenry and the citizenry's acceptance of this betrayal are the result of a culture of corrupted values that is either no longer capable of distinguishing truth from lies...or no longer recognizes that there is a difference between the two.
Some people are making a lot of money in the stock market right now but what happens when the Fed stops purchasing $1.44 trillion in treasuries much less starts actually reducing it's balance sheet like they did in 2019?

What happens when the government spending goes back to pre pandemic levels ($4.4 trillion instead of $7 trillion)?

psu skp

Nov 7, 2016
50 yard line after dark
You sound insane. Communist takeover? Despite the fact Democrats aren’t Communists to begin with, the Republicans will take back control of Congress in the midterms.
Says the guy who is convinced that Russia got Trump elected in 2016 and that a few hundred unarmed people protesting at the Capitol was an insurrection.

You know nobody takes you seriously anymore, right NJ?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Later, economist John Maynard Keynes described the effects of inflationism:

Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the capitalist system was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and, while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some. The sight of this arbitrary rearrangement of riches strikes not only at security but [also] at confidence in the equity of the existing distribution of wealth.

Those to whom the system brings windfalls, beyond their deserts and even beyond their expectations or desires, become "profiteers," who are the object of the hatred of the bourgeoisie, whom the inflationism has impoverished, not less than of the proletariat. As the inflation proceeds and the real value of the currency fluctuates wildly from month to month, all permanent relations between debtors and creditors, which form the ultimate foundation of capitalism, become so utterly disordered as to be almost meaningless; and the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery.

Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose. [1]

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Democrats are communists. Stop fooling yourself.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
You Didn’t address my point. What do you think happens in the midterms and how does that square with your belief that we are inevitably headed to “communism”?
The midterms are up for grabs. It's way too early to think that republicans will win control of anything. Races are too close to call at this point and a lot could happen to change voter attitudes in the next 16 months.

Even if republicans either the house or senate they will not be able to undo the damage that will already have been done because Biden/Harris will still be president. Even after that it will be difficult for republicans to take away the candy jar.

“No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!”​

How else can you explain the ongoing subsidies for NPR and PBS?

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Says the guy who is convinced that Russia got Trump elected in 2016 and that a few hundred unarmed people protesting at the Capitol was an insurrection.

You know nobody takes you seriously anymore, right NJ?
So you disagree with me that Republicans will take back the House in the midterms?

psu skp

Nov 7, 2016
50 yard line after dark
So you disagree with me that Republicans will take back the House in the midterms?
I don't disagree at all. But the stakes are higher than just the House. We need to force enough Democrats out of office over the next two election cycles that they won't recover anytime soon. The stage is set since the DNC hasn't been this openly, radically leftist before.

Reactions: m.knox

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I don't disagree at all. But the stakes are higher than just the House. We need to force enough Democrats out of office over the next two election cycles that they won't recover anytime soon. The stage is set since the DNC hasn't been this openly, radically leftist before.
The democrat plan is working well. Import millions of new dependent voters that will surely vote for the people offering them the most free stuff. If they flip Texas (or AZ or PA) they will control national elections for decades to come.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Well the original poster wrote a long diatribe that a complete “Communist takeover” is inevitable. Completely absurd.

Reactions: odshowtime

franklinman

Apr 5, 2011
Pa and Fl
Just remember, never ever trust or vote for a stink'n con.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Just remember, never ever trust or vote for a stink'n con.
Or you might not get as much free shyt, huh Frank?

“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”
― Thomas Sowell

Reactions: psu skp and Ski

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
The democrat plan is working well. Import millions of new dependent voters that will surely vote for the people offering them the most free stuff. If they flip Texas (or AZ or PA) they will control national elections for decades to come.

When they flip states like Texas it will be truly over. No more liberty and no more economic growth, just inflation with an ever growing increase in government control. Elections will never be trustworthy again, as if even the last one could be trusted, when one party controls key parts of the electoral process, including the makeup of the electorate itself.

With increases in debt-to-GDP and declines in both the size and quality of our workforce, real returns after inflation are bound to decline. This is the bottom line. Smoke and mirrors will not work.

Our only hope is some sort of invention that produces real value -- like what computers and the internet did for productivity. I'm not seeing growth coming from anything else. I see a less productive workforce and limits on what computers can achieve.

We could use a form of cheap energy that is both abundant and does not come with environmental damage. That would be the best solution for economic growth, coupled with small, unobtrusive government. I see neither. We are in fact moving in the opposite direction. The recent market gains are an extreme tax on future growth. Before the pandemic is over we will likely be talking about decades of growth. If interest rates were allowed to control inflation the stock market would be at much lower levels -- crash territory.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Some people are making a lot of money in the stock market right now but what happens when the Fed stops purchasing $1.44 trillion in treasuries much less starts actually reducing it's balance sheet like they did in 2019?

What happens when the government spending goes back to pre pandemic levels ($4.4 trillion instead of $7 trillion)?

Exactly.

But here's the thing: at this point you have to ask whether the Fed, which has become the National Bank of the Ruling Class, will ever pull back. I mean, by what rational standard of financial or economic policy has it not already pulled back?

The answer is maybe it's finally thrown out the concept of rational policy and said, screw it, we're done pretending...the game is to enrich the Ruling and Investor Classes. And if the average schmuck takes the hit, well, them's the breaks.

In a saner time, in the country known as America where the government actually conceived a constitutional obligation to the citizenry, such a scenario would have been considered unthinkable. But in the new nation of Brave New Amerika, once unthinkable things have become thinkable...and are happening on a daily basis right in front of our eyes.

Reactions: KnightWhoSaysNit

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Exactly.

But here's the thing: at this point you have to ask whether the Fed, which has become the National Bank of the Ruling Class, will ever pull back. I mean, by what rational standard of financial or economic policy has it not already pulled back?

The answer is maybe it's finally thrown out the concept of rational policy and said, screw it, we're done pretending...the game is to enrich the Ruling and Investor Classes. And if the average schmuck takes the hit, well, them's the breaks.
You are getting close to figuring it out. The Fed isn't going to ever pull back(at least not in a meaningful, long term way). It's not because of some grand conspiracy to enrich the Ruling Class, it's because they know if they do pull back they will blow up the entire financial system. They have no choice.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Well the original poster wrote a long diatribe that a complete “Communist takeover” is inevitable. Completely absurd.
While I agree that an inevitable take over is not likely. It's hard not to notice the democratic party moving more in line with communism....just an observation.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
You are getting close to figuring it out. The Fed isn't going to ever pull back(at least not in a meaningful, long term way). It's not because of some grand conspiracy to enrich the Ruling Class, it's because they know if they do pull back they will blow up the entire financial system. They have no choice.

They had a choice 9 years ago and made it in favor of their Ruling Class patrons. And they've kept doubling down ever since...until now their only option is to continue on that course or "blow up the entire financial system."

No, it's not about a "grand conspiracy." Rather, it's about cowardice, mediocrity, and dishonesty adding up to a kind of systemic corruption extending far beyond the Fed.

Your mistake is to think there will never be a reckoning, which is typical for people who think they'll be in the catbird's seat forever. There will be a reckoning, and it will blow up a lot more than the financial system.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Democrats love authoritarian rule. Witness Nutty Nancy.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

The fed raised the rate 8 times during Trump's 4 years after raising it once during Odumbo's 8 years.

It didn't stop the Trump train. If you are a smart as you claimed you were, you'd understand.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
They had a choice 9 years ago and made it in favor of their Ruling Class patrons. And they've kept doubling down ever since...until now their only option is to continue on that course or "blow up the entire financial system."

No, it's not about a "grand conspiracy." Rather, it's about cowardice, mediocrity, and dishonesty adding up to a kind of systemic corruption extending far beyond the Fed.

Your mistake is to think there will never be a reckoning, which is typical for people who think they'll be in the catbird's seat forever. There will be a reckoning, and it will blow up a lot more than the financial system.
I never said there won’t be a reckoning. We may all be dead by then anyway.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
I wish I could remember the source, but I do remember reading (or hearing) that the current debt-to-GDP is such that a dollar borrowed (or printed) does not produce a dollar in real returns.

That means we are already spiraling into a meltdown, hyperinflation, or both. The only stopping mechanism would be austerity (an increase in interest rates and a halt to currency debasement, i.e., money printing).

Either approach produces the same results. It just impacts different people within our society.

If the Fed keeps printing stocks go up but inflation will climb even higher. People will be unemployed or underemployed by the weight of higher prices and getting moved into ever higher tax brackets. I've posted many times here on this -- the CPI adjusted S&P since 1930. There are three dips in that chart -- one per generation -- that last decades. It might not look as bad as it is going forward because the government cheats on reporting a true CPI. Post 1980 that value cannot be trusted, so the most recent dip (beginning this century) is worse than it looks.

If the Fed stops printing then weak businesses will fail and we get higher unemployment.

The debt problem prevents the Federal Government from becoming a major employer. The two scenarios above get exacerbated by the imbalance in tax/spending that comes with a relative reduction in the private sector.

International currencies seem to be steady, which means other central banks in the free world are simply following the USA Fed's lead. The same fate faces their economies. The only solution is productivity -- invention and/or a more highly skilled workforce. (Not on the horizon.)

And yes, I do equate this version of the Democratic Party as communist. Just look at what they are doing and it aligns perfectly with the concepts beneath communism. Some call it Marxism.

So if the Dems have total control of our government, as well as the electoral process of replacing government officials, then it most certainly is a communist takeover. People won't think it is a takeover because weapons are not involved. It's a peaceful "revolution" where people are pacified with misinformation while being squeezed into ever lower standards of living.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
...the game is to enrich the Ruling and Investor Classes. And if the average schmuck takes the hit, well, them's the breaks.

I'm not sure continuous Fed printing is the best strategy for enriching the Ruling and Investor Classes.

People like Pelosi are insiders. In what rational, equitable world, for example, does legislation get passed before the blank spending pages get filled in? Think about that.

The Insider Pump&Dump strategy works much better than what we will get with continuous printing/stimulus.