ADVERTISEMENT

The clock is about to strike , October 13th , 55 years ago at 3:36 PM

NorCalcLion

Jan 25, 2005
Maz hit the home run heard around the world . Remember the moment as if it happened last week ! Who said the 13th was bad luck ? Fairgambit , are you at the annual remembrance at the wall ?. Maybe the only reason to go on the Pitt campus.

Maz hit the home run heard around the world . Remember the moment as if it happened last week ! Who said the 13th was bad luck ? Fairgambit , are you at the annual remembrance at the wall ?. Maybe the only reason to go on the Pitt campus.
I should be, but this will have to do.

Reactions: FHSPSU67

Stood at the spot it cleared the wall a few years back while waiting to take an ethics test on Pitt's campus. It was incredible. The idea that an ethics test would be administered at Pitt, that is.

Maz hit the home run heard around the world . Remember the moment as if it happened last week ! Who said the 13th was bad luck ? Fairgambit , are you at the annual remembrance at the wall ?. .

Completely shocked and deflated. I hated that then, I still hate that now....but we still have more Championships than any other MLB team. Oh well, at least you did not wear those yellowbird costumes in 1960.

Completely shocked and deflated. I hated that then, I still hate that now....but we still have more Championships than any other MLB team. Oh well, at least you did not wear those yellowbird costumes in 1960.
Back in the days when the Pirates played near the Pitt Campus, they had 49 World Championships. They had to change the count when Forbes Field closed and they left Oakland.;)

Reactions: nits74 and 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT