The Big Lie and the Elastic Truth: How to Invent a Coup

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Democrats are disgusting. They want to destroy democracy.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...lastic_truth_how_to_invent_a_coup_146973.html

I’ve taken a guilty pleasure recently in watching the faux intellectuals on MSNBC and CNN pass judgment on not just Donald Trump, but also on everyone who shares his disdain for authoritarian pronouncements on COVID-19, election integrity, climate change and a host of other issues.

From what I can tell after studying Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid, Jake Tapper and the late, lamented Chris Cuomo, liberalism today is characterized by a low regard for the intelligence of average Americans and a very high regard for the elastic nature of language.

Essentially, words are expected to mean whatever Democrats and their media enablers want them to mean. This has been most evident in the war against Donald Trump since the 2020 election, but it was certainly in play earlier. For example, saying that Donald Trump is a “racist” meant he supports border security. Saying Donald Trump is a Russian “colluder” meant that Hillary Clinton had paid a British spy to manufacture a phony dossier implicating Trump.

But the campaign to destroy Trump really lifted into the stratosphere after the Nov. 3 election. When they called his claim that the election was stolen “the Big Lie,” what they meant was they don’t agree with him. When they said he made his claims “without evidence,” they meant “without evidence that they agree with” or that they would even look at.

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
Anybody that “pays attention” isn’t going to be swayed by the propaganda. Those minds are already made up.

Those that change their mind or become enagged are far more likely to make their voting decisions based on economy, jobs, Covid hysteria and what you do to their kids. None of those areas are in favor of the left. They literally just have propaganda. That’s it.

franklinman

Apr 5, 2011
Pa and Fl

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...lastic_truth_how_to_invent_a_coup_146973.html

I’ve taken a guilty pleasure recently in watching the faux intellectuals on MSNBC and CNN pass judgment on not just Donald Trump, but also on everyone who shares his disdain for authoritarian pronouncements on COVID-19, election integrity, climate change and a host of other issues.

From what I can tell after studying Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid, Jake Tapper and the late, lamented Chris Cuomo, liberalism today is characterized by a low regard for the intelligence of average Americans and a very high regard for the elastic nature of language.

Essentially, words are expected to mean whatever Democrats and their media enablers want them to mean. This has been most evident in the war against Donald Trump since the 2020 election, but it was certainly in play earlier. For example, saying that Donald Trump is a “racist” meant he supports border security. Saying Donald Trump is a Russian “colluder” meant that Hillary Clinton had paid a British spy to manufacture a phony dossier implicating Trump.

But the campaign to destroy Trump really lifted into the stratosphere after the Nov. 3 election. When they called his claim that the election was stolen “the Big Lie,” what they meant was they don’t agree with him. When they said he made his claims “without evidence,” they meant “without evidence that they agree with” or that they would even look at.
Your only problem, Corrupt lying crying Thump was crying a year BEFORE, YES BEFORE the election that it was stolen.

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
Anybody that “pays attention” isn’t going to be swayed by the propaganda. Those minds are already made up.

Those that change their mind or become enagged are far more likely to make their voting decisions based on economy, jobs, Covid hysteria and what you do to their kids. None of those areas are in favor of the left. They literally just have propaganda. That’s it.
Yeah, but propaganda has immense power esp. for times when citizens are poorly educated and apathetic.

Orwell understood that language was key to establishing tyranny. Control the language and you're off to a good start for overall control.

Many examples -- the repeated use of "insurrection" "attempted coup" and "end of our democracy" by Dems and their media friends is recent propaganda. Hyperbole at best, or just outright lies not supported by facts. But it has power.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Yeah, but propaganda has immense power esp. for times when citizens are poorly educated and apathetic.

Orwell understood that language was key to establishing tyranny. Control the language and you're off to a good start for overall control.

Many examples -- the repeated use of "insurrection" "attempted coup" and "end of our democracy" by Dems and their media friends is recent propaganda. Hyperbole at best, or just outright lies not supported by facts. But it has power.

To your point Roy............ In as much as some desire to have their bias confirmed at any expense, others are objective and rational.

I&I/TIPP Poll: Media Trust Took A Serious Beating In 2021​

https://issuesinsights.com/2022/01/03/ii-tipp-poll-media-trust-took-a-serious-beating-in-2021/

Jerry

May 29, 2001

The latest upside-down delusion of the Dem-Media Hive is its most mindboggling yet: the people of wealth and privilege who control the government, dominate the culture, run the institutions, own the propaganda organs, and have spent the last several years using their vast power to subvert the constitution and stomp on basic liberties at every turn...are actually plucky defenders against white supremacist hordes waiting in the provinces for the evil Orange Man to order up a coup.

The question in my mind has always been whether they're so delusional as to actually believe their own lies or whether it's all a witting, twisted ploy. I favor the latter interpretation.

Either way, they're not defenders of democracy. On the contrary, they're the real threat to democracy...and have been for quite some time.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
The question in my mind has always been whether they're so delusional as to actually believe their own lies or whether it's all a witting, twisted ploy. I favor the latter interpretation.

Either way, they're not defenders of democracy. On the contrary, they're the real threat to democracy...and have been for quite some time.

Tough question. I am inclined there is a mix of delusion and purpose. For the latter, the prime example is Adam Schiff.

White liberals... They are indeed the greatest threat to democracy.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

They are not destroying democracy. Merely redefining it. If they can redefine what marriage is. Or what gender is. Or border security is. They can redefine pretty much everything.

Have to admit it, it is impressive how they have infiltrated the key aspects of society that permits them to redefine our very existence. But also very strange how they can be so good at seizing power but so terrible when they have power.

franklinman

Apr 5, 2011
Pa and Fl
They are not destroying democracy. Merely redefining it. If they can redefine what marriage is. Or what gender is. Or border security is. They can redefine pretty much everything.

Have to admit it, it is impressive how they have infiltrated the key aspects of society that permits them to redefine our very existence. But also very strange how they can be so good at seizing power but so terrible when they have power.
Two too many cons infiltrated the dem party to get anything done, shit happens every once in awhile. The cult doesn't have that problem.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Your only problem, Corrupt lying crying Thump was crying a year BEFORE, YES BEFORE the election that it was stolen.
Do I think the election was stolen NO! I have one question, the US Constitution is very clear on who establishes the State or Commonwealth election rules. My understanding and I could be wrong but in PA election officials changed the rules. (Biden is my President and was elected) But I would like the US Supreme Court to rule if that was constitutional doesn’t change the election.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Do I think the election was stolen NO! I have one question, the US Constitution is very clear on who establishes the State or Commonwealth election rules. My understanding and I could be wrong but in PA election officials changed the rules. (Biden is my President and was elected) But I would like the US Supreme Court to rule if that was constitutional doesn’t change the election.
Actually, the job of election regulations falls on the Pa legislature which passed new laws in 2019. But in 2020 the Pa Sec of State changed the rules. There was a lawsuit filed in state courts which wound up the state Supreme Court which refused to strike down the changes.
That was appealed to Fed SCOTUS which refused to hear the case. Twice.

Reactions: franklinman

franklinman

Apr 5, 2011
Pa and Fl
Actually, the job of election regulations falls on the Pa legislature which passed new laws in 2019. But in 2020 the Pa Sec of State changed the rules. There was a lawsuit filed in state courts which wound up the state Supreme Court which refused to strike down the changes.
That was appealed to Fed SCOTUS which refused to hear the case. Twice.
Correct me if i'm wrong Spin . The legislature sent the paper work in 2 weeks to late to the state Supreme court.

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
Correct me if i'm wrong Spin . The legislature sent the paper work in 2 weeks to late to the state Supreme court.
SCOTUS was never getting involved in the election. Roberts is afraid of court packing and would not allow the court to be involved regardless. Meanwhile the PA Supreme Court and sec of state blithely changed the rules in contravention of the PA constitution.

Meanwhile, Zuckerberg injected $500 million into the process targeted to alter the outcome. I hope that fact alone scares you somewhere in the dark recesses of your brain.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Wrong as usual. They filed a couple weeks before the election to have the rule changes stopped. But when you file for a SCOTUS emergency hearing the whole court doesn’t get the appeal. The court divides the country into regions with a justice assigned to each region to decide which appeals are heard. So this appeal went to Judge Alito who rejected the appeal on the grounds that it wasn’t ripe......meaning it was filed before any harm was done. In his ruling Alito even admitted that it would be possible for the court to hear an appeal on this after the election if they could show harm.

So after the election another appeal was filed but this time the court said it was too late and the court would not get involved in counting votes like they did in Bush v Gore. So the court went through massive twisted logic to avoid getting involved at all. This has been a hallmark of the Roberts court......an overdriving commitment to avoid all things political.

Reactions: franklinman

Gorki224

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021

Trump is living in your head rent free.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Yeah, which side is it that fixates on Trump?

Look at CNN, MSNBC, and the other usual suspects. Look at the Lefties on this board.

TDS is primarily a Lefty disease.

CNN's tag line.......... "All Trump, All day."