ADVERTISEMENT

Thanksgiving Day parades

flaglerlion

Jun 28, 2001
Maybe I am old school, but does anyone watch the parades anymore, since they don't actually show the parade, just the performances? I guess I am the minority, since the tv execs. must be showing what we want to see.

Reactions: Fila
I agree. They only show these performances, and half are to prerecorded music. Just a 3 hour advertisement. I'd much rather watch marching bands, drum and bugle corps, and bagpipers.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
I am OK with what they do. With so many other things going on I can only catch glimpses.

Used to get free tickets at the Macy's judging stand on Herald as. A friend was a Macy's security director. But just took another job. Just went to a few in my lifetime. Just meyhem.

Maybe I am old school, but does anyone watch the parades anymore, since they don't actually show the parade, just the performances? I guess I am the minority, since the tv execs. must be showing what we want to see.
I watch for as long as I can take the vapid network parade anchors, which is to say about 20 minutes or so.

mr-pitt-thanksgiving-day-parade.gif

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
Any word on the condition of Woody the Woodpecker after passing by Tim Whatley's residence?

ADVERTISEMENT