ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks to BWI, I now hold Joe in a diminished esteem.

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
it was never Joe who benched players for bad grades, it was the school.

he had no choice

Success With Honor is built on a foundation of lies.

he had no choice

giphy.gif

he had no choice

Yeah, but Joe ran the place, so he obviously would have reversed any lackey's decision to suspend a player. Don't you remember that Joe kept lavon chisley on the team and made him a four-year All-American? And who can forget the stellar performances of Curtis Enis and Joe Jurevicius in the bowl game against Florida? Remember how dirty Beaver Stadium was that one year?

WIN. :eek:

Yeah, but Joe ran the place, so he obviously would have reversed any lackey's decision to suspend a player. Don't you remember that Joe kept lavon chisley on the team and made him a four-year All-American? And who can forget the stellar performances of Curtis Enis and Joe Jurevicius in the bowl game against Florida? Remember how dirty Beaver Stadium was that one year?

WIN. :eek:

Pitt football doesn't do that. They always bench ineligible players.

#SuccessWithOakland

I'm not sure about this but I'm under the impression that coaches have less authority over things like academic eligibility and playing injured than they used to. I'm also under the impression that Joes bar was often higher than university and NCAA requirements.

I'm not sure about this but I'm under the impression that coaches have less authority over things like academic eligibility and playing injured than they used to. I'm also under the impression that Joes bar was often higher than university and NCAA requirements.

Yes it was, ask Joe J. about the 1997 citrus bowl. Just the first one that came to mind.

Reactions: Bob78
Did Joe suspend someone recently...damn..even from the grave he is on top of this stuff. I thought the Bowen stuff smelt like Joe...kudos Joe.

He said in another thread about how impressed he is with Chambers that he sat Reaves for academics. Uncle Lar corrected him and pointed that Pat didn't have a choice in the matter. So rather than admit being wrong, he started this thread. There are the cliff notes.

Sounds like there is a shortage of friendly deans at PSU, at least for the basketball program.

Reactions: step.eng69
Another day, another Pitt thread at BWI.

Keep at it, fellas. You're doing a great job at keeping them relevant.

He said in another thread about how impressed he is with Chambers that he sat Reaves for academics. Uncle Lar corrected him and pointed that Pat didn't have a choice in the matter. So rather than admit being wrong, he started this thread. There are the cliff notes.

objection, presumptive. and as I pointed out, if you assume this is true, then Joe never sat a guy for grades, the University did. can't have it both ways, chief. Uncle Lar isn't right just because you believe I am wrong.

objection, presumptive. and as I pointed out, if you assume this is true, then Joe never sat a guy for grades, the University did. can't have it both ways, chief. Uncle Lar isn't right just because you believe I am wrong.
Lol. Great deductive reasoning. Because this specific instance was out of Pat's hands (and I was told this before Lar posted it), doesn't necessarily mean that every player that has been suspended over the past 50 years was out of the coach's hands. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp?

Reactions: LaJolla Lion

That isn't what was said....we said IN THIS SITUATION Pat didn't have a choice. Joe absolutely may have sat a kid for skipping class that wasn't mandated higher up. The fact Reeves drove up to Ohio State to play in that game shows it wasn't a coaching decision and Pat wanted him back the second everything was sorted out. That's not a bad thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT