ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks to all posters from yesterday and today. I have fewer clothes to wash now.....

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
I have taken the opportunity to throw away all of the Penn State clothing I have. Everything! No more t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, gloves, ANYTHING. All gone.
Magnets off the metal cabinet never to be placed on my truck again. NEVER.
My Penn State flag will NEVER fly proudly in my neighborhood here in Ohio. NEVER.
Laminated schedule posters from the past are coming off the wall now. NEVER TO BE PUT BACK UP.

I am now fully convinced by reading just a few of the threads the last two days that there is no hope of ever beating a very good or elite team. No chance of the Penn State football staff of ever out-coaching any other staff on the schedule. NONE.
Dumb players out of position, unable to complete basic tasks on the football field and not good enough to beat elite teams are now what we have. IT'S OVER.

And, you wonder why a good guy hero like Jon Z quit posting here? Seriously?

Yes, the Penn State football team under performed yesterday. But, how in the H - E - double toothpicks does Ricky Rahne go from being a very good replacement to Moorhead in weeks 1-4 to the biggest dunderhead in college football? You read about that transition here on the McAndrew board, ladies and gentlemen.

But, I digress from my original topic. I will wear plain gray, navy blue and Ludington State Park sweathshirts this winter to keep me warm. I suggest everyone follow my lead and turn their backs on the team - players and staff - and get rid of everything Penn State. And, to think, I had a nice collection of items built up since 2005!

OL

I have taken the opportunity to throw away all of the Penn State clothing I have. Everything! No more t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, gloves, ANYTHING. All gone.
My Penn State flag will NEVER fly proudly in my neighborhood here in Ohio. NEVER.
Laminated schedule posters from the past are coming off the wall now. NEVER TO BE PUT BACK UP.

I am now fully convinced by reading just a few of the threads the last two days that there is no hope of ever beating a very good or elite team. No chance of the Penn State football staff of ever out-coaching any other staff on the schedule. NONE.
Dumb players out of position, unable to complete basic tasks on the football field and not good enough to beat elite teams are now what we have. IT'S OVER.

Yes, the Penn State football team under performed yesterday. But, how in the H - E - double toothpicks does Ricky Rahne go from being a very good replacement to Moorhead in weeks 1-4 to the biggest dunderhead in college football? You read about that transition here on the McAndrew board, ladies and gentlemen.

But, I digress from my original topic. I will wear plain gray, navy blue and Ludington State Park sweathshirts this winter to keep me warm. I suggest everyone follow my lead and turn their backs on the team - players and staff - and get rid of everything Penn State. And, to think, I had a nice collection of items built up since 2005!

OL
We have some bad fans, get used to it.

OL

The sheer number of bunched panties from the members of this board today is staggering. The players were in position to make plays and seal that W on at least 4 occasions in the 4th quarter- they just need to catch the ball.

Reactions: BBrown and OhioLion
We have some bad fans, get used to it.
We're just like any other high profile fan base. To expect anything more after this run of fourth quarter meltdowns is a bit unrealistic. Fans=fanatical. They will not be the detached and analytical type one would expect from an objective sports journalist, or for that matter, the followers of perennial also runs. Although, if the current trend continues we may find ourselves in the latter group. Then we will all settle down, which will be symptomatic of general disinterest.

Reactions: BBrown
We're just like any other high profile fan base. To expect anything more after this run of fourth quarter meltdowns is a bit unrealistic. Fans=fanatical. They will not be the detached and analytical type one would expect from an objective sports journalist, or for that matter, the followers of perennial also runs. Although, if the current trend continues we may find ourselves in the latter group. Then we will all settle down, which will be symptomatic of general disinterest.
If that means all fanbases have morons that want to fire their coach after every loss, then I suppose we are just like all the fanbases. Amazing we stayed with a coach for 47 years when he only won 2 NC’s. I guess today’s standards are higher....makes sense since Joe never had crippling sanctions to deal with, I guess his standards should have been lower.

If that means all fanbases have morons that want to fire their coach after every loss, then I suppose we are just like all the fanbases. Amazing we stayed with a coach for 47 years when he only won 2 NC’s. I guess today’s standards are higher....makes sense since Joe never had crippling sanctions to deal with, I guess his standards should have been lower.
One correction. Not just two NC's. They were MNC's. Joe probably should have had four or five. If you're intent on denigrating his record, then I think that at least needs to be taken into account. For the record, I'm still with Franklin at this point. But, I can't blame others for being pissed off about these meltdowns. I am as well.

Reactions: creamery freak
One correction. Not just two NC's. They were MNC's. Joe probably should have had four or five. If you're intent on denigrating his record, then I think that at least needs to be taken into account. For the record, I'm still with Franklin at this point. But, I can't blame others for being pissed off about these meltdowns. I am as well.
Using that logic then Franklin made the CFP two years ago because he should have.

Using that logic then Franklin made the CFP two years ago because he should have.
And yep, he probably should have. I'm just trying to point out that he doesn't need to be propped up by denigrating Paterno. I think we're pretty much aligned on Franklin, but I understand the fans' displeasure, at least from a granular point of view. And much of it is just emotional venting. Way too much is being made of that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT