ADVERTISEMENT

"Thanks for giving us Christian Wilkins...."

N&B4PSU

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
My Clemson grad friend texted this for me to wake up to... (ahhh... friends... lol)

And all I could think was how different the past couple years might have been had wilkins played as he is doing at Clemson (and had he not bolted this year for the pros).. and remained healthy. Neither is a given but it's hard not imagine what a difference he might have made.

That one dominant guy who can get to the QB and stuff the run. Maybe osu and msu don't run wild last year and this year (hard to see him stopping the um win... that one was on the O). Might have been the difference between being in the playoffs last year, possibly this one, too.

The death rattle of the sanctions. That said, we've overcome much of the intent of those sanctions and are on the right trajectory.

BTW, yes, i do realize that without the sanctions we might never have CJF or Trace or SB etc... maybe things kinda even up. Even so... :)

It would be an interesting situation would we have Bob as well or would we have had someone else here as job would have been more attractive as well.

My Clemson grad friend texted this for me to wake up to... (ahhh... friends... lol)

And all I could think was how different the past couple years might have been had wilkins played as he is doing at Clemson (and had he not bolted this year for the pros).. and remained healthy. Neither is a given but it's hard not imagine what a difference he might have made.

That one dominant guy who can get to the QB and stuff the run. Maybe osu and msu don't run wild last year and this year (hard to see him stopping the um win... that one was on the O). Might have been the difference between being in the playoffs last year, possibly this one, too.

The death rattle of the sanctions. That said, we've overcome much of the intent of those sanctions and are on the right trajectory.

BTW, yes, i do realize that without the sanctions we might never have CJF or Trace or SB etc... maybe things kinda even up. Even so... :)

I don’t get your friends point either, but like you I too have thought that with Wilkins and maybe either Gary or Dwumfour we probably beat tOSU and MSU this year. Imagine one or two more guys of that quality to add to the D-line rotation.

I don’t get your friends point either, but like you I too have thought that with Wilkins and maybe either Gary or Dwumfour we probably beat tOSU and MSU this year. Imagine one or two more guys of that quality to add to the D-line rotation.

Wilkins was verbally committed... my friend was joking, of course, but the point was Wilkins is likely at Penn State if not for the sanctions.

Wilkins was verbally committed... my friend was joking, of course, but the point was Wilkins is likely at Penn State if not for the sanctions.

Wilkins was not a publicly verbally committed recruit to Penn State. He may have been a silent commit to Penn State, which is why many people thought Wilkins was going to one-day commit to Penn State. Similar to Zach Harrison, Wilkins was a recruit who was quiet about his recruiting process. If I remember correctly, Wilkins announced publicly in January 2015, and many people were shocked that he picked Clemson, and the shock was because Wilkins never led anyone to believe that Clemson was his frontrunner.

Send him back this pic of Kenneth Page who PSU was recruiting and had this photo days after committing to Clemson. Then it was his from his Uncle who worked on an armored truck and he just risked his job to show the kid stacks of cash inside of another pickup truck....not the armored truck.

kenpagedollars.jpg

He was never verbally committed to us. There was speculation that he may have been a silent, but no confirmation of that ever has been provided by anyone -- And plus, I don't think anything ever changed wrt the sanctions during the heat of his recruitment.

He was never verbally committed to us. There was speculation that he may have been a silent, but no confirmation of that ever has been provided by anyone -- And plus, I don't think anything ever changed wrt the sanctions during the heat of his recruitment.
You're right... but most considered it a done deal. The Clemson foilks didn't think they'd get him.

Send him back this pic of Kenneth Page who PSU was recruiting and had this photo days after committing to Clemson. Then it was his from his Uncle who worked on an armored truck and he just risked his job to show the kid stacks of cash inside of another pickup truck....not the armored truck.

kenpagedollars.jpg
Agreed. Plus, when he was caught on camera sticking his finger up someone's butt, that's when the FOMO faded out for me.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

I’ve posted about it before, but Christian Wilkins has been the recruit that I really wish we could have landed. He fits perfectly into the Penn State culture and would have been a 4 year monster for us (like he has been for Clemson).

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Agreed. Plus, when he was caught on camera sticking his finger up someone's butt, that's when the FOMO faded out for me.
The victim was OSU’s Robert Samuel in the playoff game. And no, we especially don’t want somebody like Wilkins here after the JS scandal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT