ADVERTISEMENT

Thank god for Coach Franklin....

I don't have a problem w/ CJF, but I care less than most here. I would like to see some more organization and some sort of a mission on offense. Right now our mission is apparently hoping the backup QB runs for 6 yards every play.

Reactions: ftlpsu and hlstone
They played the whole first half not to lose and to not get blown out and in the second half Lamont Wade of all people had the game of their life. That was it.

Reactions: hlstone
Someone said it it in the game thread but imagine if we had Fields instead of OSU today. I don't think OSU would have kept it close. Our talent is right there with the best team in the country. Maybe one or two players away. Franklin is killing it here at PSU.

OSU still has far superior talent.
Sadly and obviously you are not aware they have some significant inherent advantages over us. Besides the way they internally run there program academically and otherwise, which I won’t go into, the state of Ohio in terms of high school football talent is ahead of PA and it’s not close.

Reactions: Carl Spackler
Or, maybe we can entice Fran Ganter our of retirement.
Take your time machine back to 1994.

maybe let's not go there. because we all know who the other choice was at that time

and people complain about Franklin's clock mgmt

Someone said it it in the game thread but imagine if we had Fields instead of OSU today. I don't think OSU would have kept it close. Our talent is right there with the best team in the country. Maybe one or two players away. Franklin is killing it here at PSU.

would OSU have had Jeff Burrow then?

I think this thread is ridiculous... thanking the coach for losing a game? Seriously, his first half strategy was trying to not get blown out.

Bradley won at OSU he would be a good choice. That was during a shit storm as well.
Ya!! Super great idea!!! Let’s bring back Bradley!!! Instead of having the message in the banner about Barron. Let’s change it to bring Tom Bradley back as head coach!!! You must be a pitt fan because you are delusional!!!

I don't have a problem w/ CJF, but I care less than most here. I would like to see some more organization and some sort of a mission on offense. Right now our mission is apparently hoping the backup QB runs for 6 yards every play.

The “mission” is to keep the first string QB healthy and in the game. Along with the first string Center.

Other than the INT our backup QB was outstanding, and the plays called, were pretty effective. And the mishaps by the backup Center (an experienced player) seemed to have more impact than the play calling or the performance of the backup QB.

The “mission” is to keep the first string QB healthy and in the game. Along with the first string Center.

Other than the INT our backup QB was outstanding, and the plays called, were pretty effective. And the mishaps by the backup Center (an experienced player) seemed to have more impact than the play calling or the performance of the backup QB.

Backup center? I thought they were calling Menet’s name. Did I miss something?

Journey Brown should have been gashing Tosu from play one.

Franklin is our guy, culturally and otherwise. Give him an extension and the tools needed to take the next step. We’re better than good right now, perennially top 10. To me, step A and step B of the rebuild plan is done and accomplished yet some of you want to go back to the first step and start over.,.,,,hilarious. You don’t just lose Franklin folks, you lose 3 or 4 of our best coaches, a brilliant strength and conditioning coach, an elite defensive line coach, a top 10 defensive coordinator, etc. you also probably lose 6 or 7 recruits.

it would probably take 3 or 4 years to get back to where we are now and unless we bring in a guy with the same recruiting prowess we’re probably worse. But yeah, let’s start over again in a year where the result achieved was better than expected. Smart.

ADVERTISEMENT