ADVERTISEMENT

Teske

I think I recall that Cael was an avid trout fisherman in Utah, right?

I've always wanted to fish in PA, as we've known about their blue ribbon streams here as well.

I’m thinking Colorado Springs next summer!
I could have shot myself when I realized it, but we went to Rocky Mountain National Park two or three years ago and I didn't being my fishing gear. Of course, I was surrounded by some of the best trout water I've seen in my life!

In the meantime, heading out for some of these dogs.

yellow_morel_patch_3.jpg

will be fishing on pine creek today. love to give lessons to onlookers

some of the best people I dont know, I have met along the creek.
I need to get to Pine some day. It's hard to go anywhere else when the First Fork is a mile down the road from camp.

I can snag a Walleye or Smallie with the best of em but I could use some fly fishing lessons myself. Bucket list item!

So, is it safe to assume the Teske to ISU rumor is dead now?
Yes or no, makes little difference. In his 4 or probable 5 years at University Park he will have transferred home to Iowa St a dozen times or so.

Last edited:
So, is it safe to assume the Teske to ISU rumor is dead now?

Definitely not. Saw it posted that Teske just bought 800 miles of Fly Line. PDIII said he is strong enough and accurate enough to roll a fly and gently land it on the head of a Brownie......gonna help him fish Spruce Creek from the ISU campus..

Last edited:
Reactions: 7brwnpsu
A few years ago my wife bought me a really nice fly rod set up. I have gone, yet still have not caught anything other than sticks. I am not sure I am doing it exactly right, but I enjoy myself when I am out.

Reactions: Dogwelder
will be fishing on pine creek today. love to give lessons to onlookers

some of the best people I dont know, I have met along the creek.

Haven't fished Pine Creek, but have tubed down it many times. My Uncle lives right along it in Torbet Village and had an annual weekend summer bash for the family.

Rolling Stone, Deer Creek, Parker Lake, Curwensville Lake, Curry Run, Medix Run, Anderson Creek, Sandy Lick, and that's only about one third and not even IN Centre County, those are all in Clfd. Co. next county over.

Trout with Fiddleheads, Morels, and Wild Onions
This recipe is perfect to put all your freshly gathered wild edibles to good use in a forager’s feast. This cooking method also produces very crispy skin if you leave it on. And let’s be serious, why wouldn’t you?
Ingredients:

• 1/2 pound fiddleheads
  • Salt
  • 1 1/2 to 2 pounds trout fillets (or 1 small trout per person)
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
  • 1 pound fresh morels, sliced into rings
  • 1/2 pound ramps or other wild onions, or scallions
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 cup sorrel, cut into a chiffonade (optional)
  • Black pepper
  • Violets, for garnish (optional)

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Still not sure that proves anything. Just because you're asking about fly fishing in PA and wearing PSU gear and your twitter profile is filled with Nittany Lion stuff could just be a ploy.

Oh, and I'm still not sure we landed on the Moon. :eek:
But I read it/saw it on the internet...must be true :rolleyes:.

A few years ago my wife bought me a really nice fly rod set up. I have gone, yet still have not caught anything other than sticks. I am not sure I am doing it exactly right, but I enjoy myself when I am out.
Find someone who knows what they are doing. It's generally not something you just go and do and be successful. Where are you from? I would volunteer if your within reasonable distance. I'm not that great, but catch fish.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Trout with Fiddleheads, Morels, and Wild Onions
This recipe is perfect to put all your freshly gathered wild edibles to good use in a forager’s feast. This cooking method also produces very crispy skin if you leave it on. And let’s be serious, why wouldn’t you?
Ingredients:

• 1/2 pound fiddleheads
  • Salt
  • 1 1/2 to 2 pounds trout fillets (or 1 small trout per person)
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
  • 1 pound fresh morels, sliced into rings
  • 1/2 pound ramps or other wild onions, or scallions
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 cup sorrel, cut into a chiffonade (optional)
  • Black pepper
  • Violets, for garnish (optional)

So, what do you do with these ingredients?

everything on the internet is true, which is why I sent a congratulatory note to PDIII on winning his second NCAA title.

Sorry... couldn't resist.
I hope you sent your note on a "whole leaf" of congratulatory paper. That way there will an appreciation for the congratulatory "leaf".

He specifically mentioned Walleye and Smallies. So no you do not snag those.
By snag I meant catch with a jig, shallow diver, lure, wacky worm ect. I usually toss them back unless we are having a Walleye feast. I personally have never "snagged" any fish. Wrong terminology on my part

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT