ADVERTISEMENT

Teske

James P. Whitters III

Jun 1, 2007
Word on the street in Ames is Brody is thinking about staying home and wrestling at ISU. Not a huge loss for PSU if true, but it would be a huge plus for ISU. Any news Amestostate?

There will be consequences, right Dresser?;)

I wonder what the rules are since he practices freestyle in the ISU room with the CRC? I wonder what impact Nate Carr has had? I also wonder if maybe Gavin T. is looking more like a 125 and Brody questions his ability to make it as a starter at PSU. I also wonder if my buddy if full of crap, but he seems pretty convinced it might happen. I didn't post this to start crap- I think most on here know I am a huge Cael fan and have become quite the avid PSU fan myself.

...no doubt Brady is facing increasing pressure from Dresser and friends to stay home ... especially since he is working out there all summer ...sorta like Suriano and Rutgers last summer...
...it's called propinquity... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: andegre
Gavin does look tiny to me
I was thinking his feet looked really big today, hard to predict how much more growing he'll do.

What's the fallout for Teske after signing a LOI if he changes his mind before enrolling?

I was thinking his feet looked really big today, hard to predict how much more growing he'll do.

What's the fallout for Teske after signing a LOI if he changes his mind before enrolling?
Unless PSU releases him he won't be eligible for athletic scholarship money for a year.

I can't imagine Penn State wouldn't release him. ISU has released David Taylor, Matt Brown, Cyler Sanderson and Jared Verkleeren to Penn State over the years. Even if they didn't release him, in-state tuition is probably cheaper than the out of state + scholly that he would get at PSU.

I can't imagine Penn State wouldn't release him. ISU has released David Taylor, Matt Brown, Cyler Sanderson and Jared Verkleeren to Penn State over the years. Even if they didn't release him, in-state tuition is probably cheaper than the out of state + scholly that he would get at PSU.

I agree, although I don't think Matt Brown required a release.

Did a coaching change lead to the release the aforementioned competitors?

...no doubt Brady is facing increasing pressure from Dresser and friends to stay home ... especially since he is working out there all summer ...sorta like Suriano and Rutgers last summer...
...it's called propinquity... :)

Sounds like tampering to me

And, heck, UNI has swallowed up all of his other top team mates, so why not a Fort Dodge reunion here in Cedar Falls?! :D

Then why did he commit if he is reversing field before he even enrolls?

Because the excitement of being wanted by the best, the thought of competing for the best, and training with the best got him to commit to PSU.

Then later he sees who else is going to PSU, what weights they are, how good they are, and got to see this year two excellent 197 lbers and one was sitting in the stands in March. He doesn't want to be a guy that MIGHT not find a starting spot at PSU when he would be a starter nearly anywhere else. Add in the fact of likely higher out of pocket tuition costs at PSU and there could be a compelling case to want to go to ISU.

Because the excitement of being wanted by the best, the thought of competing for the best, and training with the best got him to commit to PSU.

Then later he sees who else is going to PSU, what weights they are, how good they are, and got to see this year two excellent 197 lbers and one was sitting in the stands in March. He doesn't want to be a guy that MIGHT not find a starting spot at PSU when he would be a starter nearly anywhere else. Add in the fact of likely higher out of pocket tuition costs at PSU and there could be a compelling case to want to go to ISU.
Or, as some people would conclude, Iowa State Slush Fund!! :)

Reactions: purescurve

Everything you suggest is true, but it could also be something as simple (and fair) as anxiety about leaving home for the first time in his life. He's a kid, it happens......

Reactions: Ja1339
Why is everyone acting like he already left? Did I miss the announcement, official or unofficial? As far as I can tell, someone came here with a rumor, and now it's fact. It may be true, but can we slow down the reasons for him leaving until after he leaves?
Well, it's more like someone came here with a rumor and someone else triumphantly noted that he'd come up with the rumor first. But otherwise, yeah!

His Twitter home page is very blue and white. Should be easy to notice if he's having a change of heart.

Regarding the top pic on his twitter page, it is MSG, is that the NCAA finals from 3(?) years back? Were there any other big wrestling events there?

Regarding the top pic on his twitter page, it is MSG, is that the NCAA finals from 3(?) years back? Were there any other big wrestling events there?

The freestyle world championships were held at MSG in 2003. I was there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_World_Wrestling_Championships

If the one of the two guys with Penn State connections (Cael and Kerry McCoy) had won, the USA would have won the team championship. Alas, both lost. But I did see something in person that few have done (if you discount the "comeback" year a couple years back) - I saw Cael lose. :eek:

Certainly no indications of a change of heart there. RBY redux with false rumors?

I agree that it's probably (certainly) premature to start worrying about it. My belief is that even if it DID happen, that it wouldn't justify anyone here losing their minds.

I agree that it's probably (certainly) premature to start worrying about it. My belief is that even if it DID happen, that it wouldn't justify anyone here losing their minds.

well, I never lose my mind over athletics. ;)

The OP is in Iowa, and has some connections to the ISU program, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Whether the "word on the street" is simply unfounded rumors/wishful thinking, or not, remains to be seen.

If it does turn out to be true, I do think there's potential that it will hurt PSU's team chances. RBY's days at 125 are in the mirror. Teasdale was at a higher weight class most of his senior year, and dropped down for the postseason. I have no inside info on his weight or plans, or on PSU's plans, but I have questions as to whether Gavin can effectively wrestle at that weight for an entire college season.

It is good to see that Teske's Twitter signature still indicates "Penn State Wrestling '22," though there have been other athletes that switched schools/commitments, that did not change their Twitter signature until after all aspects of the switch were resolved.

The old, only time will tell.

well, I never lose my mind over athletics. ;)

The OP is in Iowa, and has some connections to the ISU program, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Whether the "word on the street" is simply unfounded rumors/wishful thinking, or not, remains to be seen.

If it does turn out to be true, I do think there's potential that it will hurt PSU's team chances. RBY's days at 125 are in the mirror. Teasdale was at a higher weight class most of his senior year, and dropped down for the postseason. I have no inside info on his weight or plans, or on PSU's plans, but I have questions as to whether Gavin can effectively wrestle at that weight for an entire college season.

It is good to see that Teske's Twitter signature still indicates "Penn State Wrestling '22," though there have been other athletes that switched schools/commitments, that did not change their Twitter signature until after all aspects of the switch were resolved.

The old, only time will tell.

Teasdale's performance yesterday with a 1kg allowance, meaning he could weigh in at 128, tells me he is unlikely to be at 125 next season for PSU. JMHO.

Reactions: andegre and Grass
I am doubtful the Teske rumor is true. Would love it to be true, but thinking somebody was drawing conclusions to something someone said

ADVERTISEMENT