ADVERTISEMENT

Teske with big HS match tonight

I have watched both young men for years. I think neither will have luck riding the other, but Thomsen just a little bit better at the takedown game. 8-5 Thomsen would be my prediction. I still like Teske as a recruit because he hasn't had as many injuries. Both guys are very good kids and hard workers year around.

This Teske kid is gonna work out just fine.;) Wish I could've seen the match, not just followed the track dashboard, but I would guess that Teske gassed him. Lots of late scoring from Teske. Gotta love it.

...Brody is going to give some fans a heart attack, especially we old geezers...
... he seems to enjoy falling behind early... then charging from behind down the stretch... sorta like Secretariat used to do...
...looking forward to seeing him wearing the blue and white of Penn State ... :)

Reactions: NittanyChris
Teske is a great fit for PSU. His tank is amazing. And he's a shooter, aggressive on his feet, though with some technique problems. That'll be fixed, I've no doubt. His confident demeanor and relentless attacks puts him back into matches that would be lost by a normal kid. I just watched a video of a Fargo bout where he was down 7-0 and came back to win 9-8. How often does that happen?

Michael Beard is going to be a terrific addition to PSU's roster. He is really slick on his feet, a trait few big men have. He won Ironman yesterday but looked either injured or gassed or both. Here I am complaining when he won the finals 21-9. Even hurt or tired, he gets takedowns at will. If he needs it, he just dials it up. What a talent!

Very happy with what I've seen from Teske. Great attitude, work ethic, motor, humbleness, etc. Oh yeah, he can wrestle too! He's a perfect fit. We might have lightweight problems right now (thanks Soriano) but 125-141 are gonna be a war in the room in a few years if all of these recruits stay the course.

Very happy with what I've seen from Teske. Great attitude, work ethic, motor, humbleness, etc. Oh yeah, he can wrestle too! He's a perfect fit. We might have lightweight problems right now (thanks Soriano) but 125-141 are gonna be a war in the room in a few years if all of these recruits stay the course.

Yes. It's about adjusting expectations. I "expect" Spencer Lee and Daton Fix to be the two big rivals for the next 4-5 125 pound titles (if Fix stays at 125). It will actually be a fun thing to watch. I will actually be disappointed if Fix goes 133 and we miss the competition. That said, adjust expectations and lets see if our guys (Teske, RYB, Teasdale ... whomever gets 125) can stand on the podium in the next tier. We'll take it from there. Same at 133-141.

ADVERTISEMENT