ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible news regarding Glov

This thread and its subject matter (mortality) make me wonder what has become of Cincy's dad. I don't recall seeing Cincy post an update in a while.

How old was The Glov? Where was he from? We tended to have similar viewpoints on sports, except UNC basketball. Will miss him on here.
A past post said he was born in 1960 and hes from McKees Rocks

Reactions: brupsu
some very nice tributes on the linked site

"had the pleasure of meeting Rob in Gallup, NM and teaching alongside him. I had the honor of calling him my friend…. Steeler fans through and through the both of us. Not a more honest and genuine man you will find. Rest In Peace my friend. You will be greatly missed."

"Bob was the most amazing neighbor. Like family. I will miss sharing a beer and stories with him. God took an amazing soul"

He lived in Lander, Wyoming for a while during his teaching travels

5432718694_4420bdc0cf_o.jpg

There is an historic old bar there where he must have gotten his sports watching fix.

Reactions: bison13
True, none of this RIP stuff for me either. I'm gonna be singing, dancing and and praising God until someone taps me on the shoulder and says Mary, honey, please sit down.
Totally agree. Growing up on a farm and watching beloved animals come and go, I got a great sense of the limitations of life. Anytime an acquaintance passes, I use it as a reminder that life is finite and you need to wear it out.

giphy.gif

Perhaps you could search for an obit and post it?

That's happened around here before when long-time posters like Shrink and Sgt. Carter passed away. It provides some closure. These are people, not just screen names.
Hits home and the fact that he was not an old fart like me makes it worse. Who was the poster who died in an accident a few years back

Reactions: dailybuck777
The other board is reporting he passed away. RIP Glov.

Thanks, Joe, for letting us know this sad news.

Glov was one of my favorites.

It's hard to think he's suddenly gone.

Now who's going to keep us posted on the evil deeds of sharks and other beasts?

Not only that, but on other subjects as well the guy had a talent for saying stuff that rang true.

May he rest in peace...until the day we all meet together in a happier place...where finally the zebras have no power to decide who wins and loses.

Just stumbled on something Glov would have really enjoyed. PBS had a documentary on Duke Kahanamoku, a great Hawaiian surfer and Olympic world champion swimmer. Fantastic and kind human being. Also, sheriff of Honolulu county at one time.

Additionally in 1925 a boat with about 25 people capsized in huge waves in Newport Beach. Kahanamoku, with only his surfboard made multiple trips out to the boat and rescued 8 people. Called a superhuman rescue. https://www.theinertia.com/surf/duk...cue/?msclkid=ec671cadd0d911eca87b3089161ace92

Reactions: auxgym and royboy
Glov's professional life consisted of teaching Social Studies and History in rural and particularly Native American areas, doing it with stories, humor, and a personal interest in his students and colleagues.

Very admirable.

And his hobbies were passionate interests (both for and against) certain sports teams. What an interesting balance in his life. A memorable character -- glad to have met him, if only on these boards.

I will sincerely miss Glov comments. May Penn state won the nc this year in his honor.

Reactions: psu00
The thing about death that gets me is what is exactly happening in this thread. You never truly know how people feel about you or what they think of you because it’s all said about you after you die. Over the last year I have tried harder to let people know what I think of them more often. I once heard that you should talk about people on their birthdays as you do after they die.

RIP Glov

ADVERTISEMENT