ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible news regarding Glov

Sadly, yes. There is a thread on him just a couple down.
Yeah, after checking, I wasn't seeing the earlier thread because I had the poster on ignore and I don't recall why.

Maybe time to change my policy on ignore or unignore. No, not you. Marbles.

RIP GLOV. Anyone know why he moved around so much?

The other board is reporting he passed away. RIP Glov.

Dang. Rest In Peace Glov. The best for your family. I really liked reading Glovs posts. Feels like a friend has gone.

The other board is reporting he passed away. RIP Glov.

Sorry to hear this.He kept posts Alive esp the shark surfboard posts.Via con dios glove may you Rest In Peace.

I am profoundly saddened to hear of Glov’s passing and will miss his unique mix of absurdity (love for the Tar Heels) and dedication to civility (calling everyone sir).

But I can now unburden myself with a secret I’ve been keeping for years…TheGlov admitted to me that he actually liked Dook, respected Mike Krzyzewski, and thought Coach K was probably the best college coach ever. He never said anything positive about Notre Dame, though.

RIP my board brother 😢

Saw a post on the Wrestling board indicating he passed away recently?

Is this true? He's been an icon around here for years. An original character with strong loyalties.
Wow. That is shocking. GLOV has been in my fantasy baseball league for years and we always had friendly trash talk going. I did notice that he was not very active on the fantasy league this year. He did participate in the draft in late March and made a few comments right after that.

One time GLOV posted that he had no friends who posted on this board, so I called him out. What about me? He apologized.

I know his real name and email, but I am not sure if he would want it posted here.

Dammit! Terrible way to start the day.

RIP. Huge hockey fan and overall cool Pittsburgh Guy. I remember years ago debating something and then calling him, or referring to him as ‘GLOVE’ at the end of the posts (no harm intended, simply my mistake). He quickly and firmly reminded me that he was ‘GLOV’ ~ RIP GLOV indeed.

Yeah, after checking, I wasn't seeing the earlier thread because I had the poster on ignore and I don't recall why.

Why did he spell it without an ‘e’? He got mad if you used an ‘e’ in his name.

RIP. Huge hockey fan and overall cool Pittsburgh Guy. I remember years ago debating something and then calling him, or referring to him as ‘GLOVE’ at the end of the posts (no harm intended, simply my mistake). He quickly and firmly reminded me that he was ‘GLOV’ ~ RIP GLOV indeed.
Why didn’t he use the ‘e’? Just being cantankerous?

I know his real name and email, but I am not sure if he would want it posted here.

Dammit! Terrible way to start the day.
Perhaps you could search for an obit and post it?

That's happened around here before when long-time posters like Shrink and Sgt. Carter passed away. It provides some closure. These are people, not just screen names.

Witness protection program?

Reactions: dailybuck777
The Glov was at PSU beaver with me in 1978/79 so he was born approx 1960.
so age ~ 62. Once I thought that was old but now that feels young.

"Hope to die, before I get old". - I am pretty sure The Who don't feel that way now.

main-qimg-96b4ffa6ccdf219a55fa6ec90ffe7179-lq

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT