ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee fans poor behavior tonight

And in your case Action X never causes Action Y….officials don’t cause that behavior, ignorance and alcohol cause that action.
Wrong - if the game was 42-7 in favor of either team, the alcohol and ignorance are
still present but there’s no shit getting thrown.

you can have the last word. I know you never stop until the other person gets sick of responding.

Reactions: odshowtime
Wrong - if the game was 42-7 in favor of either team, the alcohol and ignorance are
still present but there’s no shit getting thrown.

you can have the last word. I know you never stop until the other person gets sick of responding.
I’m just shocked you’re justifying this behavior because of your dislike for officials. If the fans were sober, they wouldn’t have done this regardless of the score. Alcohol and rednecks don’t mix well.

Looking at the image of stuff on the field, who brings a mustard bottle to a game? Do they grill hotdogs in the stands?

Reactions: psu00
Looking at the image of stuff on the field, who brings a mustard bottle to a game? Do they grill hotdogs in the stands?
Have you seen some of their fans. They snack on mustard right out of the bottle once the ketchup runs out.

Well, let’s be honest, Tennessee fans have trouble getting moonshine into the stadium, so they can’t throw jugs of that onto the field…..!

Have you seen some of their fans. They snack on mustard right out of the bottle once the ketchup runs out.

dumb-and-dumber-condiments.gif

Lets not forget that Knoxville politicians tried to get a raw sewage treatment plant named after Lane Kiffin. Look it up, I am not lying. That's no sh*t!

While throwing things is dangerous - every major sport has a refereeing problem. There’s no accountability for referees. People think they are stupid, crooked or both. Everyone here has wanted to punch a referee in the face at one point. So I blame the powers that be that let O’Neill always red our biggest games.

The refereeing problem has gotten worse with the proliferation of online betting. God only knows why.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was moonshine in the mustard bottle.

Only a week after Iowa’s poor behavior, Tennessee not only says hold my beer. But rather, hold my beer, the cooler, and my mustard.
Saw somewhere on Twitter that the mustard container was a flask.

Here's a punishment. Ban alcohol sales for the following game. That'll get everyone to shape up real fast.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Yeah, right. I was faking it there, for the most part. More or less clueless.
Well, I'd like to think I taught my professors a thing or two - 1st time out, probably about enforcing attendance rules and penalties. 2nd time out (when I was 35), it was more - hey this old guy isn't so stupid after all. 400 level econ classes (4 of them at once) and never got a D! Got me the Hell out of there, w/ a packed car illegally parked before the last final w/ the hazard lights on. Got in, drove to Toftrees, picked up the cats and drove straight through to FL. Never forget the sigh of relief when I saw the Donald Ross Blvd. exit.

Reactions: LionJim
You said there needs to be an adult in the room at some point. A lot of people here disagree with you.
I didn't say that. Don't know what you're talking about - other than you putting politics on Tom's board where it isn't supposed to reside.

Do you think you have a special pass to post politics here? Is it because in your mind, your thoughts and beliefs are superior to others?

They aren't.

Last edited:
Wasn’t a Boston Celtics fan charged with a felony for throwing a bottle at a player??

why isn’t that the norm is situations like this??
Taking away a home game isn’t crap.

At least UT fans didn't kill Buddy Holly. That's on Iowa. Hell, they didn't even sell out his show at $1.25/ticket.
To be fair, that's about $11.75 adjusted for inflation.

Who in the hell smuggles their own bottle of French's mustard into a game? I could understand smuggling in a bottle of actual French mustard, or a German mustard, but plain old yellow French's?

Reactions: MtNittany
To be fair, that's about $11.75 adjusted for inflation.

Who in the hell smuggles their own bottle of French's mustard into a game? I could understand smuggling in a bottle of actual French mustard, or a German mustard, but plain old yellow French's?
Those little packets can be hard to open. And when you do get them open and squeeze, it's not an even flow. Then the mustard squirts off to the side and misses the hot dog. It creates a lot of waste and kills the dining experience.

• Haha
I love French's mustard. To be fair, like others have pointed out - the bottle was probably filled w/ Jack (or moonshine).

I didn't say that. Don't know what you're talking about - other than you putting politics on Tom's board where it isn't supposed to reside.

Do you think you have a special pass to post politics here? Is it because in your mind, your thoughts and beliefs are superior to others?

They aren't.

Apologies, the quote I was responding to that you quoted did, thought you were that poster. Was up all night with a crying newborn.

no special passes needed. Ignore button is there if I touched a nerve. Sounds like you could use an adult in the room if that triggered you.

• Haha
Reactions: Ikibari
Apologies, the quote I was responding to that you quoted did, thought you were that poster. Was up all night with a crying newborn.

no special passes needed. Ignore button is there if I touched a nerve. Sounds like you could use an adult in the room if that triggered you.
I still don't know wtf you're talking about. I am an "adult", and I don't get "triggered". I just call out double standards and hypocrisy. You wear both well, btw.

1. The amount of “cramping” was disgraceful on both sides. That didn’t help the matter either.
2. The PA announcer didn’t seem to say anything until about 10-15 minutes after the initial pelting.
3. Why doesn’t the referee take control of the game and issue something like a “sideline warning” and then penalize the home team if the throwing didn’t stop after a few minutes? He looked thoroughly confused and never made any announcement either.

In any event, it was a pitiful look at the behavior of fans at a program trying to be relevant again.

Wasn’t a Boston Celtics fan charged with a felony for throwing a bottle at a player??

why isn’t that the norm is situations like this??
Taking away a home game isn’t crap.

It is a criminal act, assault of some sort. They have to identify the bottle throwers and charge them.

You guys will never get it.
It just means more.
That’s the buzzword of the times to excuse horrible behavior….people are just so passionate.
Funny you both mention that. That was the original take by the SEC network talking heads after the game. In all fairness, while trying to walk a fine line, they at least called the behavior disgraceful and unacceptable. However, it was put in the perspective of ‘we have passionate fans in the premiere football conference in the country’. They sort of half excused it but, unlike the Tennessee coach last night, they did condemn it as well.

While throwing things is dangerous - every major sport has a refereeing problem. There’s no accountability for referees. People think they are stupid, crooked or both. Everyone here has wanted to punch a referee in the face at one point. So I blame the powers that be that let O’Neill always red our biggest games.
My friend. Let me remind you that officials are only human. And like humans, they can make mistakes. I don't always agree with officials calls, but I respect their position and I move on. Like injuries, it's a part of the games. No, the problem is not the officials. The problem is the manner in which fans react to a erroneous call. There is no place in this world for the level of anger against another human being that I witnessed last night.

Turned this on after the delay without knowing all of this occurred and volume on mute, seemed odd the game hadn’t ended and how intense the fans were acting. This explains things.

The last 18 seconds of game time seemed to have s lot of home cooking with the game clock to allow the Vols an opportunity to attempt a winning drive.

Found this post game clip of the Vols head coach. I hear a lot of compliments given to the fans and not a single bad word.

Very poor look for the team and fans.
As if they needed any more bad press. Their coaching searches have been embarassing.

My friend. Let me remind you that officials are only human. And like humans, they can make mistakes. I don't always agree with officials calls, but I respect their position and I move on. Like injuries, it's a part of the games. No, the problem is not the officials. The problem is the manner in which fans react to a erroneous call. There is no place in this world for the level of anger against another human being that I witnessed last night.

oh really? So you’re gonna play the “we’re only human” card? Refs have performance expectations just like everyone else. Joe Biden is only human. So is Donald Trump. Derek Chauvin is only human too. People make mistakes, therefore we can’t blame anyone when they are made? I’d like to follow you around for a few weeks and see how long you stick to that load of crap.

oh really? So you’re gonna play the “we’re only human” card? Refs have performance expectations just like everyone else. Joe Biden is only human. So is Donald Trump. Derek Chauvin is only human too. People make mistakes, therefore we can’t blame anyone when they are made? I’d like to follow you around for a few weeks and see how long you stick to that load of crap.
You missed my point by a country mile my friend. We should address mistakes, but not at the level the Tennessee fans did. Thank you and enjoy your day. Beside the point, the official made the right spot in that game.

ADVERTISEMENT