ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee and Greg Schiano

Another wannabe politician.
Haha.

This tweet from Emert (isn't that ironic in and of itself) is written like the mumbo-jumbo EVP/SVP-speak I see at work.

The second paragraph says "I'm not one to overreact and comment with no information"....

...but with no information at hand, I'm going to over-react and comment about something have no idea about!!!

Booger McFarlands' follow-up calling out the UT fans. Herbstreit has also basically dismissed them as uninformed and reactionary. I don't see any reason Meyer pulls his support from Schiano. Was unequivocal when the testimony came to light a few years ago, and certainly no new developments that would change anything. The truth is, you read thru the tweets and see that after a couple of perfunctory statements about protecting children, they start talking about how Butch Jones took Schiano's team to the woodshed years ago. Yeah, it's all about the victims!!

Good post Buck. They are more butthurt that Gruden didn’t take the job. What this is really doing is preventing them from getting a name coach -who would take the job now? Schiano isn’t sexy, but, was Saban when LSU hired him from MSU? Was Tressel when OSU hired him? Hell, we as a fan base acted the same way when we hired Bill O’Brien.

Fact is, he won at RUTGERS!

I don't think Jerry is innocent. I also think there is absolutely no reliable evidence that schiano saw anything. On the other hand, believing MM requires YOU to believe he saw sexual predation against a minor and could not even remember what year it was, then went to Jerry's golf tournament. You really got nothing to be proud of here.

McQuery is either a liar or a coward. There is absolutely no middle ground. Towny and Dukie and the rest of the bunker dwellers can deny and project and obfuscate and deflect to their heart’s content, but it will never ever change that fact. It’s debatable if he was a cheater, or had a gambling problem, or was competent enough to leave his hometown to go into the big bad world and see what he was made of (not now of course, he’s completely unemployable for the rest of his miserable life). Liar or coward. Rock solid zero in between.

If schiano reported the incident he walked in on even just to joe the ‘01 or I guess it is now the ‘00 incident probably never happens.

Hilarious that schiano gets a free pass only because him lying supposedly helped joe.

No matter what the 15 or so lunatics here will always think Jerry is innocent just so they can feel better about joe

If you and the others connected to McQueary had a shred of decency, you'd move as far away as possible and hope no one ever decides that Paterno is old news and start really looking into the asserion that a former Div.1 quarterback supposedly walked in on a child being raped and what did that big strong man do to stop the poor child from being raped...he slammed his locker...and then ran home to daddy...and then stayed silent for 10 years. And for that monumental act of cowardice he's been awarded millions of dollars. If people really start to look at who is the absolute piece of scum that is Mike McQueary, they just might decide to take matters into their own hands. And you may not want to be standing too close when they do.

If schiano reported the incident he walked in on even just to joe the ‘01 or I guess it is now the ‘00 incident probably never happens.

Hilarious that schiano gets a free pass only because him lying supposedly helped joe.

No matter what the 15 or so lunatics here will always think Jerry is innocent just so they can feel better about joe
There isn't a single person here that thinks Jerry is innocent, you ignoramus.
McQuery is either a liar or a coward.
He is obviously both. But people are too stupid to see the ridiculously obvious.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Rightly or wrongly, Schiano's now tied to the Sandusky thing. If he spoke to police he should have them make his interview public. And Bradley's too. That would go a long way in clearing any involvement he/they had.

This will follow him for the rest of his career. If he really never saw anything and never told Tom anything he should go to the mat to dispute that.

See any good dick picks recently?

But, Bob, the mob cannot be OUTRAGED :eek::eek: enough. This is helping them feel that OUTRAGE!! :eek::eek:
Nice Zig, I like the way you think.....photo finish with Plato
plato-writers-photo-1

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Reactions: TenerHallTerror
If you and the others connected to McQueary had a shred of decency, you'd move as far away as possible and hope no one ever decides that Paterno is old news and start really looking into the asserion that a former Div.1 quarterback supposedly walked in on a child being raped and what did that big strong man do to stop the poor child from being raped...he slammed his locker...and then ran home to daddy...and then stayed silent for 10 years. And for that monumental act of cowardice he's been awarded millions of dollars. If people really start to look at who is the absolute piece of scum that is Mike McQueary, they just might decide to take matters into their own hands. And you may not want to be standing too close when they do.
Here is some vintage footage of Mike right before he went to Lasch on that fateful night. Notice there are no sneakers in his possession and he doesn't seem interested in the airing of another rerun of Rudy.
9ZmrZAhxT4O7S0HB4BcN_Beer%20Pitcher%20Chug.gif

I hope no one takes that second rate has been job. Their fans are the worst. How long before Herbie moves?
I saw a bunch of these TN sports media guys tweeting during the Pens-Panthers Stanley Cup series. I'm obviously a bit of a homer for the Pens, but these guys were so dismissive of the Penguins and their fans, it was really over the top. Seem to have a real chip on their shoulder and presumably frustrated that their teams haven't ultimately been able to back up their stupid trash talk.

Would like to see a strong statement by Schiano and maybe even Meyer, but kind of hard for them to say anything since nothing official has been put out there yet.

I thought I saw that Herbie was moving back to Ohio. Maybe just bought a house there or something.

A few years ago, this thing came up with Schiano. He denied it, and urban meyer publicly stated that he accepted Schiano's word. It died. Now it's happening all over again, and the mob, a bunch of followers, are trashing Schiano. Ridiculous.

It should be cleared up. The police interviewed Bradley extensively. They probably interviewed Schiano at least once too. Those interviews should be made public to clarify what's going on. No information means Schiano's guilty in the minds of many. It may not be right but it is what it is.

Reactions: Zenophile and Bob78
This is great. The search will have to start anew, signing day draws nearer, and the coaching hires at other schools will continue unabated. Which means UT is going to be own to their second or third choice and their recruiting class is probably going to fall apart. But the ignornami on the Tweeter feel better!

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
An LSU grad there.

At least he admits to not knowing what the background is rather than just getting on air and yapping like too many of them do. And he’s right - you would hope UT would investigate what they can.

Oh, please let that be true!

I'm no great fan of Schiano, but this whole episode today is sad. The broad brush that paints anyone and everyone connected to PSU with the Sandusky saga just will not go away, and the only coverup is the BOT not releasing the results of the A9+ review of the Freeh materials.
Need some new, fresh lawsuits aimed at that discovery, I guess. Greg, you're up!

Good post Buck. They are more butthurt that Gruden didn’t take the job. What this is really doing is preventing them from getting a name coach -who would take the job now? Schiano isn’t sexy, but, was Saban when LSU hired him from MSU? Was Tressel when OSU hired him? Hell, we as a fan base acted the same way when we hired Bill O’Brien.

Fact is, he won at RUTGERS!
I don't have a problem if they want to make arguments against him as a football coach. He had surprising success at Rutgers, but that seems like eons ago in today's sports world. But I agree they had gotten themselves worked up over landing Gruden and this is an ugly, groupthink reaction to having that fantasy pulled out from under their feet.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Oh, please let that be true!

I'm no great fan of Schiano, but this whole episode today is sad. The broad brush that paints anyone and everyone connected to PSU with the Sandusky saga just will not go away, and the only coverup is the BOT not releasing the results of the A9+ review of the Freeh materials.
Need some new, fresh lawsuits aimed at that discovery, I guess. Greg, you're up!

Exactly. Too much information kept under lock and key. Not just the BOT...the OAG as well. Everything should be released to the public.

Reactions: Zenophile and Bob78
At least he admits to not knowing what the background is rather than just getting on air and yapping like too many of them do. And he’s right - you would hope UT would investigate what they can.

What is UT going to investigate? There is no there there. Booger's initial statement was stupid. Fortunately, he's come around.

Can't believe it's come to this, but I'm now a Schiano fan. Thought that he was vastly overrated as a coach and he could behave like a jerk. But he certainly doesn't deserve this.

What is going on in Tennessee just proves how much incest is still going on in that state because that is the only way you can get that large number of state residents who are that incredibly unintelligent, including the politicians. The average IQ in TN must be around 50. And if you have ever seen the U of TN campus, it is a dump, except for their athletic facilities, which tells you what the emphasis is placed on at that school.

I'm sure Paul Finebaum will have a completely objective view of this situation. LOL.

As it turns out, I just saw a soundbite from Finebaum. He pretty much called it for what it was, a social media outbreak 'led' by people who really know nothing about it or the person.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT